Testing 246: Creative Worlds!

You can still have a creative world hub connected to every city on every non creative world, right?

Portals on your Creative yes, portals to other Creative planets…it appears the answer is no. Dunno how this relates to Sovereign planets. We need more info.

Ok. But you could recreate the current TNT hub on a creative world and make all the portals free, to public worlds. Right?

No, incorrect. It will only connect to the world your creative world orbits.

2 Likes

Ah ok. Still, is it unlimited portals? For example, you could put a compass hub on a creative and have it link to all 50 regions on its sister planet, right?

1 Like

It seems they haven’t decided entirely how to allow portals on Creative yet

3 Likes

I thought it was strange to see meteors and enemies (you should be able to turn these off imo), but you can select invulnerability so you don’t take damage.

It would be nice to have the option for a flat terrain to build on, like you can in MC. Makes it a lot easier if you are planning a large project or game.

My creative planet is nice to look at, but it would be a nightmare to build on, for me. Meteors falling, small choppy sections of land with water inbetween, lots of icy areas… it’d be ok if we had a bulldozer tool or terrain flattener.

10 Likes

One of the best looking terrains I have seen so far. Just free-handing based on a nordic theme would be awesome in that bottom picture.

I have the feeling there are more things planned for creative, but they want to test their methods of meshing them with the live universe before they automated the process. It will be interesting to see if/when scripting and a possible forging gui bypass comes.

6 Likes

It looks nice & I can see a little cozy village meandering here and there.

However, I personally don’t like it bc I would want a Creative planet for other reasons than just building a house or village. I’d want to create huge event/game areas and stream them so everyone could join in, like I’ve done in other games. Create some fun things.

Maybe there will be a selection of terrain types to choose from, I dunno. Maybe that’s something they’ll add later on.

It’s all good - really cool to see rental and creative planets being added in.

4 Likes

Yup, this! I’m hoping they will add Lua scripting to these as well and expand heavily on it so we can make some more interactive things (or make them more easily)!

I tried my creative world, looks nice enough! Did some normal things I suppose, but then I went “ehmm, ok, now what?”

This is how mine looks:

I liked the looks! I too found it odd to have creature attacking me.

Also, one thing I also find a tad cumbersome. Say I want to use a block from my world to build with, I have to hit it, see what colour it is and then give an endless stack of it to myself thru the knowledge screen. Somehow I expected to hit 1 rock and have an endless stack of it in my inventory!

7 Likes

Don’t know if normal but the brew extension helix have same stats on Super and Méga look at the sec too :crazy_face:

There are many times I have bought a game and a private server straight off the bat, and gave everyone i know full admin commands. That is not a rare thing at all for people to buy a server and dive in. For building reasons, or for game testing reasons.

There are plenty of us who will test the limits when available, and will pay to do so.

Also there are plenty of people who do not play the game because it is survival, if they could build freely and not have to craft, fight, or gather, new artists would be willing to show off their work.

7 Likes

Why would you need transform chisels in creative if you can have access to every block?

1 Like

You don’t actually. The marble with the oortians, you get the base type and have to transform them to get the variations.

2 Likes

Didn’t realize that. Very interesting that you don’t get all blocks available in creative

Well I guess the developers would argue since you can use a transform chisel it is available, but I do understand what you mean also. I would prefer to just get the items and not use a chisel. I did check and the give menu is the same (I have been using the debug menu), you only get the miner and would have to use the chisel to get the other two forms.

I agree with this. I was going to write something similar next to not having all the creative tools for building in a creative environment.
I have been playing this game for so long but I hadn’t done testing in quite a while and I encountered some headaches at first before I figured it all out.
So yes please this can be so much better. Either let first timers go through a full tutorial where everything is explained or just make it a real creative planet where you don’t have to jump 20 hoops before beginning on the fun stuff…BUILDING :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Being the boundless veteran that you are might actually be the reason why starting is a bit of a headache. You know what you want, you know “how” to set it all up, so it’s just a bit of a faff doing it.

On the other hand, new players probably won’t experience it like that. If I was fresh to the game and rented a creative server because I didn’t want all the other stuff, I’m sure I’d want to test thing out and explore what the game has to offer in an organic manner. Having everything that might be useful and that I’m supposed to know how to use dumped in my inventory could be intimidating.

The bigger drawback to current creative is the inability to create forged gear without actually forging. Work out a solution for that, and I think most the headaches go away.

1 Like

Has anybody got a Unchisel Chisel on Testing that they can get to me?

plus an aoe hammer

If you mean not on a creative world I can give you an aoe diamond hammer. But if you mean on creative I can’t help ya as I haven’t been to one of those worlds yet

1 Like