Testing 246: Creative Worlds!

Can you open normal portals (paid with Oort) between Creative and Survival? Or only the new bridges?

So it looks like I got my main char stuck in Creative mode and I can’t escape lol. I can’t go to my home beacon on survival or anything. I can’t go thru a portal to Biitula that goes to the creative planet I extended then beaconed, with said char.

This is my main:

Have you tried creating a new beacon on that creative world and setting it as your home?

Doing that fixed the warp issue for me.

Creative <-portal-> Creative

Creative <-bridge-> Survival

Survival <-portal-> Survival

If you warp into creative, you have to warp out.

2 Likes

Additionally, characters can only redeem extension keys on the most recent batch of Creative worlds. If you were a user who also owned a Sovereign world then these can not be extended - as they no longer exist. They have been deleted. I’m wondering if character who reference missing worlds are from the old Sovereign worlds? If so, please remove them from your world list.

Testing 246.5 will be the last significant update before the update is released to Live. We may release some minor updates to fix issues reported + discovered.

16 Likes

These worlds were “Soju’s Creative World” and “Ghish Corina”, both now restored in my worlds list.

I never ‘rediscovered’ Ghish Corina it was restored after the second update so I’m not sure if that was resolved by the update.

Maybe planet name has changed?

1 Like

I’ve corrected the issue where some players couldn’t interact with the World Controls on their own worlds.

3 Likes

Can I ask why this limitation is in place? If you have to always return to the planet you originated from and the placement of the creative planets is random, then you could be unable to open a bridge from your own survival base to your own creative planet. Or if you rented a Sovereign planet you would never be able to open a bridge between the two planets.

There is probably something I am not thinking of, but right now with the forced return to the origin point, I am unable to figure out how it can be exploited.

1 Like

I wasn’t even interested in the idea of those rental worlds but man this is looking good.

1 Like

That’s great news! Fingers crossed it’s all good for a September 11th birthday release. That would be awesome timing.

There are a number of reasons:

1. You can Warp for free to any Creative world so you can easily get to any Creative location from any Survival location.

2. Limiting the Creative Portals to 1 blinksecs avoids the issue of players creating Creative Portals between Creative worlds and Sovereign worlds. Sovereign worlds can be removed from the universe. So we’d need to handle the case there your portal exit is no longer available, which would make an already complicated system even more so.

(There may be other reasons.)

2 Likes

thank you for the quick answer

Recipe for the Bridge Conduit

1 Like

OK so, I got together with @Stretchious and we set up a portal from his creative world to Soju’s to test this.

• Stretchious warped from Alcor II to his creative planet orbiting Alcor II.

• I warped from Biitula to Soju’s planet orbiting Biitula.

• Stretchious took the portal we created from his world to Soju’s.

• I opened a warp from Soju’s world to my last survival location on Biitula

• We both used that warp to travel to Biitula.

So in the end Stretchious was transported from Alcor II to Biitula (12 blinksecs, 980c warp) with no cost to either of us in oort or coins. It did take both of us but could easily be done using an alt or multi-boxing without another player.

2 Likes

The only issue I see with the recipe for a creative player to make these is the gold alloy (the refined rock and opals are pretty abundant and fairly easily obtained)… the gold alloy has a much bigger time investment unless you can get to somewhere selling it and have the coin to purchase it.

There will likely be players in the community that will help in obtaining those things though… but I’m not sure if there should be a reliance on that good will.

2 Likes

They’re SO BIG. Still I might put some at my hub, as I’m sure others will. It won’t be any different from providing the portal conduits for the hub end, as we currently do.

Assuming anyone that is actually solely or primarily a creative player isn’t going to want to do a survival build in a remote place for their own bridge, this shouldn’t be a big concern.

Opening them will be a service at the hub side, and that’s a change. However since they don’t require fuel there shouldn’t be any worries about oort shenanigans or ongoing permissions.

1 Like

you will only need as many as there are creative planets orbiting your hub since there is a blinksec limit. So it will probably be very few orbiting each planet.

Right. The place I would have expect to place them is only 5 blocks high though :smirk:

Nothing traumatic lol.