Testing 246: Creative Worlds!

Warps are free to creative planets.
Player survival location is used to count warp cost in creative side. So from Creative to back to same planet 100c and 0c to location where character left.

Players can meet in creative and open free warps for others this way. And it don’t even use any warp conduits :smiley:

So some new mechanic to work together between players :slight_smile:

You have to use the gold bridge conduits.

I mean player don’t consume warp conduits on creative. And you can warp on world like normal game, it is anyway much more nicer way do warp than go via sanctum player has warp conduits in inventory :smiley:

Being able to warp/portal around is def a great thing.

It just seems like a lot of players get to a point where they seem “stuck” and unable to warp anywhere, once they’ve gone to a Creative planet. Maybe it will just take time for everyone to get used to the bridge system.

Has this been a problem, other than the accounts that got stuck when they did the update? This was expressed as one time issue that occurred with characters that timed out on creative worlds between iterations.

This was before they changed the functionality regarding bridges and warps so that should not be a problem for people that weren’t in that exact situation on test.

It happened today, again.

It’s just the way that we’re trying to get off the Creative planet or go elsewhere I guess. I don’t think it’s a server problem or anything like that. If you go to Creative from the sanctum, your portals in Creative don’t work. Then while in the sanctum, sometimes you can’t get to another non-Creative planet.

Interesting, I never had that happen… maybe its something we need to try to replicate what causes it while our worlds are active again.

I was able to do it over and over today. Took a video of it, but I didn’t think much of it because I think it’s working like it was suppose to.

I guess I did not try enough variables when coming and going out of creative.

So, I read your scenario above again. Where you say:

You mean you used the right-side warp blocks to open a warp back to the creative planet you had just left, correct?

If that’s the case, then yes, as I understand it, you’re describing the correct behavior with the bridges. If you turned around and went back through the left -side warp blocks that you came in, then as far as I know you should have been able to use the bridge.

I did in fact go to sanctum and back, for going AFK chatting, etc… then return normally, through the left-side warp. I did it several times and wasn’t surprised with a change in warp/bridge status any of those times.

It is confusing when you’re running around but it there’s reproducible inconsistency then it’s an issue for sure.

In a later post you mention being unable to warp to Dand but you were unable to warp. As far as I know that should never happen and it’s a bug.

You should have been able to make that warp, as far as I know, from anywhere you wanted in creative. The warp cost would be the cost to warp from Biitula to Dand.

In this comment you mean bridges, right? Not portals?

:+1:

I will try again sometime tonight.

Yes, the bridges wouldn’t work.

1 Like

It’s working as intended @majorvex. At least if I read the notes correctly.

That’s what I :point_down:

:+1: :grin:

1 Like

So if I get it right, you’re not supposed to warp from the Sanctum to your Creative World?

So I guess what this really boils down to is that opening and using the right hand portal results in a different (and less desirable) outcome than using the left hand portal from the sanctum, which could be confusing?

I wonder if changes could be made so that the ‘Last survival location’ could be retained and re-used in scenarios where you never actually hit another survival world between leaving and re-entering a creative world?

And by extension, what happens if you’re on a creative world and you log off for the day… when you log back on, does it remember your last survival location (if using the left hand portal), or is it forgotten when your game session ends?

1 Like

@Goblinounours @Marrash

It seems to be working a lot better than before, but it’s still a little weird imo. It does seem like it remembers where you were - as long as you can remember where you were :grin:

Me derping around with the portals/bridges…

2 Likes

I always warp from the Sanctum to my Creative Planet. I think this is going to be pretty common actually. Since your creative planet is randomly placed, there is a good chance it will not be around the planet where you have your base. Since the bridge can only operate for planets in orbit, it cannot be used to go directly from your base to your creative planet. Since warping is free, you go to sanctum and can warp to your creative planet for free. And then when you return to the survival universe you must warp back.

The only time I used the bridge in test was to actually test the bridge and accessing the bridge. Other than that I warped around.

1 Like

Can’t believe this is still a thing. o_o

1 Like

Me either, but until it changes, I think warping to get to creative is going to be what happens more often. It could be faster than going through an unknown number of portals in order to get to the planet it orbits and then to wherever a bridge to that planet is located.

Yeah but well, if I need to do an entirely new ‘outpost’ build on Survival to house a public portal to my creative world because RNG decided to kick me in the atlases by not putting my creative world in orbit above my main base/build…

I’d have to pay for a world, hope for the best… and then what? If I don’t like the world it’s orbiting, I won’t keep paying for that world, and try paying for a new world once again hoping for the best?

Then you get into the whole “what if I want specific biomes” and stuff. Do we know what level of control we’ll have on the world-generation?

I might not bother at all with creative worlds if it’s RNG-fest, especially with real-money involved.

4 Likes