Testing 246: Creative Worlds!

What I’m thinking is that probably there are too many combination of boons to be added as a pickup item at least right now.

It would be interesting to see which kind of tools are need in creative too see what multiple people see as the required creative tools

I think you will need the following at a minimum

1 - AOE Hammers, Shovels and Axes for clearing
2 - Transformation Chisels
3 - Lattice Chisels
4 - Regen bombs to fix mistakes
5 - Grapples if you turn off flying.

1 Like

auto door too!

2 Likes

Do meteors exist on creative?

Meteors do exist in creative. At least so far.

Do you have infinite energy??
Do blocks break on one hit?

Can we request copies of the EA planets for our sovereign or creative world? (Solum, therka, epsilo, etc?)

I think those planets lack certain blocks and their colors don’t exist anymore. But you could try to recreate the color palette using similar colors :man_shrugging:

1 Like

yes undo chisel, transformation and lattice is an absolute minimum.
either up the performance of clearing tools all together or indeed give some AOE All adjacent and 1 hit

4 Likes

Yeah we will. At least for these ones. I am assuming they will allow the running of your own planet servers like with the prototype creative from earlier in the year.

They will probably develop that more fully after these are out. Heck, would not be surprised that it happens after the new consoles arrive since then the PS5 is able to run the server with ease next to the game without affecting the game’s performance too much…

1 Like

Are people able to test the portal hub concerns and other things yet?

No. Those planets are not able to run on this universe because they are not patched up with all the changes.

1 Like

No, it is just planned feature that isn’t yet ready. It is in first message with patch notes listed under Known Issues.

1 Like

I do have invulnerability turned on so I have infinite energy. I have a higher tier planet and have not forged tools, so even with max damage and the hammer epic, I cannot one hit blocks.

2 Likes

That makes sense, thanks for letting me know! :smiley:

Free? That doesn’t sound well thought out to me. Is there a limit? Or can you fill a creative world with portals to everywhere in the universe for free and run a free ultra hub

1 Like

Thats already on the OP

1 Like

Yep, and with quite a few bugs to solve we might see a bunch more rounds of testing planets!

Heck, I would not be surprised this is gonna take a bit longer than WS expected and that other parts of the game they were working on will be ready for testing by then, so yeah, I’m expecting a Testing 247: furniture and beacon goodness! As per Ross’ teases! :slight_smile:

Honestly I have a few concerns about Creative Worlds and I debated if I even wanted to mention them at all, I’m going to, but the fact that I wanted to keep my mouth shut after it would release is kinda telling. Yes, of my impatience mostly but am sure I’m not the only one who had hoped for a earlier release!

Anyway, here goes:

If Creative Worlds are a way to lure in more people to Boundless which I feel it is, one has to wonder if this is going to be wanted by people who haven’t played the normal game for long OR at all.

Would it not be a good idea to give players on creative worlds some items before they enter the world. Normally you will have a totem already, give them a wayfarer (they can give it to themselves anyway) totem, a light source as well. But also either give them items such as beacons, world controls and beacon fuel OR even better, automatically place those when they first enter the creative world. Will make the start much easier.

Perhaps also do a preset skillpage. Maybe the most used ones first, power, run speed (people dislike the run speed when they start out, having it upped right away before they learn how to do such a thing might be a good idea). The whole tutorial has to be totally different for a Creative World.

I also feel that it might be a good idea to develop the locally run creative worlds more, and allow a player to start on one of those right after first starting the game. Then after a certain point mention they can rent a server which will allow more players, connection to main universe, etc. as well.

The way it is now, seems ehmm, tacked on, basically it is of course, but I dunno how to make myself clear.

Do people think some new players might want to go creative right away? Skipping the whole survival thing?

An option to start a new game would then ask survival or creative? The difficult bit would be that currently those are servers run remotely (or as in the prototype locally), not sure how easy this is gonna be to implement.

All in all I do think this is a great addition to the game, but it won’t be for newer players in it’s current state, new players would not know about world control, beacons, etc. and in creative it’s not that important until they have really gotten hooked! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I doubt any new player is going to pay for a personal world, creative or survival.

Yes I doubt that too, hence why I think the game needs a way to make a non-rented creative world available for people who want that. On PC that is currently possible with restrictions I suppose.

1 Like