Testing 246: Creative Worlds!

I know they said there’s times they rent a server for a few days just for an exo. That came straight from a dev. And I’m too lazy to look it up. But it’s on the forums some where

From what I know about Minecraft server rentals, a 60 person server should run around $20/month.

Who knows how well that equates to Boundless or how profit vs subsidization (the world provides value to other players) is being handled.

One physical server can hold multiple virtual servers so they probably meant virtual server…

1 Like

People still rent physical machines? How quaint.

Hopefully they just spin up a container or EC2 instance at the size they need, as needed.

1 Like

Yes some do because EC2 is not always powerful enough nor is it cost effective for every project.

1 Like

You’re no fun. :wink:

1 Like

Seems most logical to me if your creative orbits whatever planet you desire. But thats just me.

Would it be that problematic even if 15 sovereigns were orbiting the same world?

2 Likes

There could be, you will only be able to see 5 at a time though.

Most players set up portals and don’t use the warp/totem much after they reach a certain experience level in the game (except for exos) - or they just go to the sanctum.

1 Like

Guessing you’re a webdev or at least some kind of dev based on your comment. I think it’s highly likely they use kubernetes or similar on EC2 instances and one EC2 supports many containers. One “server” they rent will therefore host many planets.

1 Like

Would really love to know a ballpark # for prices

Waiting to re-build/re-start some farms.

4 Likes

At this point I’m expecting a full unveil of everything at launch. Not saying it’s a bad thing but just would like to know going into the next update what the prices are going to be and possible GC perks.

1 Like

I’d say somewhere in the range of $1-$400

5 Likes

I’m good either way, I’d just like to start crafting things again & work on some projects that I have in mind. I reclaimed most of my stuff & I’m just waiting. I hope a Sov planet is in my budget, but if it’s not - that’s fine. I’ll rebuild on a public planet - I just want to get going again.

5 Likes

:joy: :rofl: :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: :rofl: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

2 Likes

I shook my magic eight ball and asked if it was coming out this week.

Only took me 3 attempts to get an answer I liked!

15 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.