Testing 246 - potential for possible griefing high on creative (and sovereign) worlds

Talking with @almund while on Creative planet… the current options of “visit” and “claim” means that if you want to be able to have people visit then they can also (especially on creative) just come in with an infinite amount of forged bombs with good augments and basically destroy everything that is not plotted.

We feel there really needs to be 3 options:

Visit (look but don’t touch)
Modify (visit and able to do stuff)
Claim (as it is now with being able to claim plots)

6 Likes

I mean that’s possible on public planets too.

2 Likes

Yeah, but it is amplified greatly with unlimited resources (bombs) and the ability to fly.

2 Likes

And on live, they are destroying “public” land effectively … on Private creative or sovereign planets they are destroying the owners planet.

1 Like

Well on sovereign it’s not infinite and that planet is supposed to closely follow public rules. On creative I can understand slightly changing it to help prevent that.

But also you’re kinda making it public by allowing plotting etc.

1 Like

Not really saying it needs changed per se, just that it would be nice to have an additional option for setting global permissions.

1 Like

It could be huge issue group players getting their fun by visiting several public creative planets just to fly over and bomb areas. Players who use their time on creative have to use their play time to make area again natural.

Some might remember how world was chiseled when 1.0 came and many didn’t like how ground was full of squares :smiley:

1 Like

wont the world regenerate by itself after some time? Or there is no regeneration on Creative worlds?

I remember people plotting flat spots and using a chisel on them and leaving it to never regen. Was bad at PS lamblis

It will eventually, was just suggesting that a third option may be beneficial. I think without it some people may be more likely to not give global permissions and only give permissions to visit to those they trust.

If you have unlimited plots you could also plot the whole planet at the surface to make sure that no one can bomb it out.

I figured that’s how creative would end up to begin with actually. Trusted people only. Figured most that got creative would want for themselves or only themes. I know for myself if I get a creative only about 3 people will be allowed there to build.

2 Likes

Yeah, thought about that too… but it would take ages. I just think an option to turn off people ability to damage the planet you rent might be useful for some. Not saying you have to use it, just that its there for those that might want it.

I can’t imagine how long that would take :sweat_smile:

Of course it would take forever. Just like flying around to bomb a whole planet would too.

There will always be trolls. I just figure that to have 1 regen bomb on you to bring back the planet in case someone would feel mean one day isnt that big of a deal. but :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Sure, but where is the harm in giving everyone an option for their own rented world to let people visit but not touch if that is what they want?

2 Likes

Kudos to the devs for including Creative planets in the live universe, but this will cause some unique issues & extra time to develop. Issue with travel/portals, certain items, other players…

I thought they had originally stated that since Creative planets won’t follow any of the rules from the live universe, that they wouldn’t be accessible from the live universe :woman_shrugging:

Lots of additional permissions would be handy for Sovereign & Creative planets:

Day/night cycle on/off
Particles/atmosphere on/off
Creatures on/off
Terrain noise: high/low
Public can harvest wild resources: yes/no
Public can regen: yes/no
etc

Boundless forums 101. There is always some one who won’t like what you suggest even if it doesn’t hurt them.

2 Likes

Well we know ideas change over time right? Whatever they have said before can change in the future as the game evolves.

2 Likes

For sure and like I said “kudos” to them for adding them in :+1: I’m sure a lot of players will be pleasantly surprised with that.

1 Like