Testing 249: Melee Weapons, Shields and Local Universes - continued

LastBoundlessUpdate

12 Likes

While I appreciate the idea (bc I’m also keeping track), the Halloween update was released on the 29th October 2020, that’s 235 days.

(In case you took the date of the forum post as a reference, these posts are prepared in advanced and simply revealed on the patch day, meaning they show the date on which they were prepared and not when the patch actually released. The dates of the ingame news popups are also incorrect, they only show the date when they were added during testing and not when the patch actually released).

But it’s still a sad number.

7 Likes

Correct, I did use the wrong date. Fixed it. Hey, makes for a cleaner number, too.

1 Like

It’s actually 5 days. And I’m happy we get bug fixes - which is way more important then new content (try playing ESO if you don’t care about bugs…).

2 Likes

That was an update that only applied to Playstation 4, and was already applied to PC with the Halloween update. :wink: Technically, still 235 days

1 Like

That’s not true. It was already pushed to steam at the time of the post.

No, technically a new update was released for both platforms last week.

March:

February:

Etc (I quit scrolling) …

EDIT: I actually didn’t even notice this one at the time:

• Fix an issue where crafting XP would not be rewarded to characters that have performed crafts inside a beacon where they did not have ownership or villager privileges. This allows players to still get XP if their permissions are revoked after crafting and if specifically granted on machines via Advanced Locks.

Nice, Nice.

2 Likes

A update is a update bug fix or not

An update is something that has content, changes to balance, or even a “development status” update.

I think trying to suggest the bug fix was the update that ended a drought is such an unbelievably rose tinted view.

In very loose terms a bug fix is indeed an update but imagine if the 2.4.9 or whatever it is notes changed to “we fixed a world crash” and everything else was gone.

Would that be a meaningful update after 6mths. Nope.

2 Likes

I mean, you can argue about wording as much as you want, but the last update that increased the main release number was 235 days ago. That’s the point.
In the past that gap used to be 14 - 60 days, with the lower end being the norm and 60 days only happend on very big updates like farming.

5 Likes

9 Likes

Ok here’s the thing though there are multiple kinds of update so it’s been 263 days since a CONTENT UPDATE not a update

However you want to word it, or describe it, the inferred meaning for the update that @ghandymarshall, @Kirinvar, @Goblinounours are talking about is Content. Why there needs to be an argument/discussion about this…

5 Likes

It was actually about an hour. :grin:

Pretty sure we aren’t complaining about the update either (well maybe that it was a bug fix if the mega pedantic want to pick up on that too), the complaining is about the lack or updating.

Wait for it to release for us to complain on that subject

16 posts were merged into an existing topic: Thoughts & feelings

This Me

11 Likes

lol…

I mostly am amused… I just wish people spent a little less time worrying about the update and would just play the game and enjoy it… if they actually do enjoy it…

3 Likes

Came here thinking maybe there was an update on 249. Nope. Same old same old. No word from the devs.

1 Like

How do you enjoy something that not even its developers take care of and that lacks content and mechanics?

Good idea, let’s play and enjoy as if nothing happened and the update will be out in 2024, patience guys, it’s only half a year more. :blush:

2 Likes

Dude do u not understand how this works. Some people are fine with no new content because they are plenty happy with the base game, like me who love it, but still are annoyed there is a content drought but fine either way. Honestly I’d like to see what u would think of ark a while back, mostly for a good half a year or year before any major content got added, and it’s still one of the most popular games, add onto that almost no ads for it. Yeah so last part I rambled a bit but main point is people like to the way it is and no new stuff is fine by them

1 Like

Also to keep my other reply a bit shorter, ever heard of Star Wars battlefront even the fist me which got no new content for year and never will is still played. Battlefront 2 still realivly popular with no new content ever.
Also ur lack machancics and content thing is a matter of opinion wether it’s popular or not, also on that some people can enjoy even the smallest things and play it till the servers drop dead. Plus boundless still has a lot of good content and it’s a sandbox so u can make it fun or if u can’t then u can just stop