Testing 249: Melee Weapons, Shields and Local Universes - continued

I love the idea of selling permanent portal fuels for cubits / money for the development of the game. Smart.

Ofc, I have committed a long time ago to give this game no more money until they deliver what was promised before the “release” - so I’ll be waiting awhile still.

I’m at level 320 I think and have 4366 hours listed on Steam. I do a lot of stuff obviously that gets way less xp than others. Can you believe the hours I would have to be in to get back to that level? No thanks.

4 Likes

Suggestion:

Remove cleanse points. Instead of having skill pages with a 15 minute cooldown, make it so you can change flip/refund 1 epic skill every 15 minutes (or freely in home beacon). This would completely remove cleanse points being tied to cubits which seems a lot of players have an objection to having to choose between plots or cleanse points.

Scratch that suggestion. The way skill pages work now is even better.

1 Like

In that case, they should increase the XP level pain up to level 5000 because there are plenty of people that were here first and have waaay more plots already…

1 Like

So, I’m at 600 hours played, at level, probably… 130 in the current system. As it is, I have 4 full sheets with 100 points each, with a few to spare. As long as, in the new system, I have at least 100 skill points total, I don’t lose anything. In fact, I could gain flexibility equivalent to another 20 levels by getting a fifth sheet. I can still have the exact same setup I have now. Any points above that simply reduce the number of pages I need to have access to what I have now and/or let me access more of the crafting epics I don’t use right now.

With that perspective, I don’t really care all that much how long it takes to level to the max level. 10,000 hours? Sure, why not. This is like getting all of the Korok seeds in Breath of The Wild. As long as it still only takes 50-100 hours to have less convenient access to everything you need to play, including both plots and skill points.

Reading over the first set of notes again, the quoted bit below makes this kind of clear; we don’t need any extra points other than the 359 we get in total by the end (level 180 in the new cap).

Okay I see what your saying.

Have any information on cleanse points?

While everyone seems to be focused on how low cubit rewards are compared to the exp grind needed, I want to point out that it also takes LONGER to get that reward coffer for the cubits even if they do bump up the cubit reward per level to 4.5k to make it equal to the current rates.
Sure, the end results will be the same, you will still get the same amount of cubits you would’ve had with the old system in the end (if they do bump it up to match the current rates) it will take far far longer to actually get those cubits into your account, as you will need to grind 4.5 times LONGER to get the rewards at once, compared to getting them in small portions.

It will hurt some of the people that play less/do more of the less exp lucrative activities. People won’t be happy if they miss being able to purchase time limited stuff like seasonal outfits because they used up all their cubits just before the event was announced and it takes them forever to get ONE level that will allow them to buy most the outfits they want, while with the old system they could still grab some, not all, of the outfits by getting smaller cubit rewards more often, making them still content.

9 Likes

Except you need to level more versus pulling out the credit card for the same amount it is today

2 Likes

No, I don’t know about them. If the cubits gained from the levels were the same as before or a bit more (relative to required XP) then it probably wouldn’t be a big deal though. But with the decreased cubits gain, then yeah, the cleanse points really ought to be given by the level chests, still.

And to be honest with the revamp of the skill points system I kind of think the cleanse points don’t make a lot of sense anyway. We may as well just be able to swap any skills freely… 359 points in one page really let you do almost everything, which is fantastic, so it’s not like skill cleansing is quite as important, at least once you’re at level cap/have skill pages. But I don’t expect the developers would agree there.

So if I say have 1500 skill points currently, does that mean after the update it would reduce to 359? Since you don’t get more skill points past a certain level?

1 Like

I think only a dev can answer that, but that is the mechanical behaviour I’m expecting to see myself. It should cause no inherent changes to our existing characters, other than doing away with the clutter of excess skill points displayed on the pages. I have ~2,200+ excess points for instance (after all 5 pages), it’s just stupid.

Should have just added legendary skills that cost 100 skill points to obtain.

Or something like that.

It’s not my game though, I just play it.

nope still nothing changed from 249 to 249.1

total xp needed is still 164.226.900
but the cubits has changed you get from 50 till 190 every level 5 cubits more
50 give 300 and 190 give 1000
190+ give each 1k cubits

1 Like

Yea the only other thing I noticed is xp cap goes to 3,061,000 @Saint-X

In that post I was exclusively talking about XP for skill points, not XP for plots. I do not think plot cost should change, but I think skill point cost should change. Each skill point is worth up to 5 times more, and at high levels, each point is more convenience and less need, so it makes sense to take a long time to get.
Plots are a staple, and are necessary to do anything in the game. They should not be restricted too much.

If practical, I would advocate for a separation of cubit and skill point rewards. Maybe keep XP to level the same, but give fewer skill points per level at higher levels? I’m not sure.

2 Likes

thats a mistake i think.

cleanse points are still available

I talked to someone that recommended 300 cubits every 200k xp. I like this idea.

The wise one suggested this :joy:

6 Likes

Crafting wearables, physical art book…:sob:

1 Like

you mean this ? what i write in my first post in the first topic for this testing ?^^

but yeah i dont like the new system with 5 cubits more per level start at lvl 50… that is to less…

13,7x more work but only 3,333x more cubits

2 Likes