Testing 249: Melee Weapons, Shields and Local Universes - continued

Us: “All I want is communication”
Dev: communicates
Us: “…communication and titans”

8 Likes

Adding the ability for a local universe to either be immediately downloaded or added as part of the initial download was not. And if I’m not mistaken, that’s the current part holding things up.

The person I replied to was specifically saying that the local server feature is increased scope from the original project. I just didn’t quote enough for that to be obvious, sorry.

4 Likes

I should’ve replied to them then, sorry.

1 Like

what about our “Craftable Armor”?

Can’t wait to see this with the lightning changed

1 Like

Yup I delt with that with Kings and Heroes made by the not defunct Industry Games. PR person changed a few times, then the game went dead for this battle royale that failed…

1 Like

Is it possible to do a dedicated server instead of hosting through the game? I’d LOVE to be able to host for a few guild mates on my desktop machine BUT I mostly play on the laptop. Laptop takes over 40 minutes just to generate one world…

In the original notes, they indicated that a standalone server option would be coming. We don’t know any real details about it, though.

1 Like

O.O ok i am a happier camper :slight_smile:

This will likely require two accounts right?

Steam won’t connect 2 machines on one key.

I really really hope not.

I think they do the phone home on the client side, which would mean anyone can run a server, but only licensed copies of the game can access it, but we obviously won’t know until we see it.

All we actually know:

Unrelated, but something I know has come up in discusion:

I guess they plan to let local universes have an option for free plotting.

4 Likes

Just wondering Where we At here?

Most recent dev comment:

6 Likes

Still so weird the melee weapons have to be delayed because of the local universes. :man_shrugging:

7 Likes

I’m not familiar with anything but can’t you release the half that’s finished then put the local universes on update 250 boop

2 Likes

That depends on a lot of things, like how they have their version control set up, code dependencies, code structure, etc. It could be anywhere from trivial to monumental to accomplish, and there is no way to know without having access to their code repository.

There is also the factor that the changes you are requesting were added to supplement the local universe changes, not the other way around. I know this part is something people heavily disagree with me on, but the melee, paint, and skill changes aren’t for us, they are for the single player experience, and introducing them separate from that would be weird, and likely not something they planned for.

2 Likes

Well here’s my thought maybe they designed the code to rely on the local universes
@james I gave you a way i out I suggest you take it

Giving explanations of delays like this often comes off as excuses, even if they are true.

IMO, reasons like this should only be bothered with if you are talking to someone who can help remove a roadblock and that otherwise, the only effective response is action.

Are you auditioning for the part of a mafiosa? :joy:

1 Like