Testing 249: Melee Weapons, Shields and Local Universes - continued

Only 44 for comments to go and we caught up with testing 245 our last major update maybe it’s a a clue that it’s gonna release soon mwahaha

1 Like

This silence is disrespectful to those who pay the Gleam Club every month.

They don’t even reassure users about the game’s uncertain future.

Still waiting for half a year more.

7 Likes

Everyone should just stop paying for something that you are not enjoying.

2 Likes

I hope so! I found some of my issues (values being higher) than what the game would accept. Such as Free skill resets can only go up to character level 50. So I put in Level 1000 and well it didn’t work. Trial and Error it is.

We’ve been reassured several times. At what frequency would you like to be reassured? I’ve seen complaints about needing reassurance within hours of getting reassurance. Do you really think anything short of actually receiving the update will have meaning?

4 Likes

They can be more transparent and not allow users to make their own theories about the future of the game, only that from time to time they make a small summary about the situation of the game in general, and its development.

Seeing that there is no activity by any developer, neither in the forum nor in their social networks, there is currently no one behind the wheel.

If you want to justify and excuse everything to the developers, it is your right, but there are things that are basically not defensible.

2 Likes

What if the only news they can give is “Yes, we are still working on it”, would you want that same text over and over? Would that really help?

I’m really trying to understand here - I don’t comprehend what you people are asking for other than regular repeating of the same status information we already have.

If there is no new information, what would satisfactory transparency look like for you?

5 Likes

I’ll be renewing my GC every year. Even if don’t have communication from the developers. Take my $$$$!!!

9 Likes

Yes, that simple message helps. Being silent doesn’t help.

It does not surprise me that the game is less and less, with this conformity. You will thank them even when they close their doors.

By the way, I do not continue with an absurd debate, because even English is not my language and it bores me to find the right words to be understood.

That’s great, the game can last a little longer with your help! :blush:

3 Likes

How often should they remind you?

You are not the first person to put those words in my mouth, and I am tired of it. You have no right to say this. You clearly do not know me or understand my stance on this, do not speak for me.

Thanks, I’m tired of having to explain how ridiculous these demands for constant reassurance are, especially when nobody can tell me what they think would actually help, or how often to hear it.

3 Likes

Seeing that james has been active on the forum within the last 48 hours interacting with users and actually making changes to one of the services they provide, I’m not sure this point is really valid.

10 Likes

I don’t think this is people putting words in your mouth. This just seems like people judging you based on what they see you do and say. If may not be a full and accurate reflection of who you are as a person, but if the vast majority of what a person sees from you fits into a singular narrative like that, is it really so unreasonable to draw conclusions based upon it (even more so if so many people come to the same conclusion that you’re tired of it)?

If you’re tired of it, you could stop doing it. If the developers themselves don’t think that the constant requests for reassurance are worthy of perpetual soothing, then you could take a leaf out of their book and follow suit? It’d probably even kill two birds with one stone. You’d stop doing something you’re tired of AND stop providing ammunition to people who see you as a one-dimensional Boundless zealot.

5 Likes

I’m not gonna lie- some of ya’ll need to take a chill pill.

ThErE hAsNt BeEn AnY cOmMuNiCaTiOn

I wouldn’t wanna talk to any of you guys either.
I’m sure they’re still working on it, they get more work done by not stopping to answer questions.

13 Likes

If you read the things that I say and believe that it is blind single-minded backing of the developers, then you are not reading what I am saying.

Things are not black and white. I disagree with a lot of what the developers are doing, but the idea that getting daily, weekly, or monthly canary messages would be helpful is, in my opinion, obnoxiously naïve.

Perhaps people find u “obnoxiously naive”
Not me I agree I’m just saying

Indubitably.

By any Chance was the period for 10 chars

Only if 11 < 10.

3 Likes

4 Likes

I mean, correct me if I’m wrong, but a quick look here shows me the last time James said something on this here thread about the update was on March 14th. Close to 3 months ago. From that to “wE wAnT aN uPdAtE eVeRy HoUr§§§” there’s a bit of a gap. They must have made a bit of progress since then.
:grimacing:

3 Likes