Testing 32: Intra World Warps and Grapples

Oh, really? The white dots are the creatures and when they are aggravated, the dots turn red.

Ahh ok thanks for clarification!

That works, but beacons are appearing and disappearing like nobody’s business.

Thanks @Wichall. We will check this out! @vdragon, can you check this too?

Control mappings for Grapple no longer work. I have tried to remap the rise/fall of the grapple from R/F back to C and Space… but it does not honor this change. :frowning:

I am finding that the location for your home disappears before the other houses in the area, but then reappears at a fairly far distance (200-300 blocks away).

@Haelos, @Wichall and @Tillweed, I’'ve not been able to reproduce this so far. Could you check if beacon plots are showing up in the game when you have the Control Beacon and/or Beacon Plotter in either hand?

Just to check, for the default controls, what keys are assigned to Creep / Grapple Down and Jump / Grapple Up on the Control Options screen?

Standing before my beacon. Plots showing but not marker on the compass.

this is all so confusing

what we need: an official HOW TO: Warp, OR Portal thread when both are officially out, with a description of each and how they work exactly.

The terms warp vs portal get me confused and its sorta hard to keep up with whos talking about which and whether its one or two way and if its temporary or permanent and etc.

I think i understand… ( warps are the only thing that exist, be it same or different planet, all are temporary ) but some of the wording makes me think im confused that one or the other isnt or is permanent or does or doesnt include between world travel.

Warps:
-Can go to different worlds.
-Can go to same world.
-Temporary.
-Currently in game.

Portals:
-Can go to different worlds.
-Can go to same world.
-Permanent.
-Currently not in game.

Does that help any?

1 Like

I checked them, they were set to C and Space. i tried resetting them and then manually setting them. Same thing.

I’ve been confused too but I did some testing between 2 locations on one planet and here’s how it works from what I’ve seen:

1. You create 2 blocks of warp conduit and put them together to create a possible warp/portal. Since portals are not implemented yet, 2 blocks of warp conduit create a solid structure that can be used to warp.
  2. Press E to interact with the conduit - a window with your saved locations will open; if its empty cancel your action and make sure you save a location somewhere where you’d like to go fast every now and again.
  3. Pick a location you want to warp to. At the moment you will pay 100 for close warps on the same planet.
  4. At this stage conduit will start flashing colors and when it turns orange you hit it a couple of times to break it. You’ll see a floating image of a location you picked from your list (point 3). If you change your mind and dont want to warp, dont hit the conduit - it will go dormant and display blue color. You can use it later and this time it won’t ask you to pick location as it saves the one you picked the first time and it only connects to that one. It can stand there dormant until you decide to use it - go interact with it whenever you want (press E of course) and when it turns orange break it by hitting it a few times. You won’t be charged for using it later - you only pay once for activating a conduit and its there for you until you break it.
  5. You have 2 options - you can walk through the warp or not (if you changed your mind). In first case you’ll be moved to the location you have picked earlier and the conduit and the open connection will disappear, so you won’t be able to use it again (you’ll need to build a new conduit every time you use one). If you chose not to walk through it it will disappear after a minute and to do another warp you’ll need to craft 2 new pieces of warp conduit and put a new one together.

So, the cost of warping is this - the cost in materials to build a conduit and price of warp in coins depending on distance of your travel (minimum cost is 100 as of now). You repeat that cost every time you need to create a new conduit with a new destination (and use it eventually), so there’s no permanent conduits now in the game, that would stand where you build them ready to use for a set price repeatedly.

I hope its not to complicated - I mean its not, but the way I explained it might be confusing :wink:

2 Likes

ive been warping for a while now, the comment was due to the general confusion every player experiences in terms of which is which, as they first start to experience them.

i appreciate your reply though

1 Like

happy warping so :sunglasses:
me myself cant wait to see portals introduced to set some permanent teleportation lines :grinning: