Testing [cplusplus] 1: Initial C++ build of Boundless

Anyone else gets “Beta access code invalid”?

I just installed Boundless on another computer (cough at work cough), but it seems I can’t get into the C++ build from here. Worked fine at my computer at home.

I just wanna give some toughts on the new C++ update.
Today I got a new fan for my CPU so I could finally play games without my PC overheating and crashing. First thing I played was the C++ Beta update for Boundless. First thing I noticed was that it was incredibly smooth. It was well above 60FPS at all times and that was on the HIGHEST SETTINGS. You no longer need a hardcore gaming PC to play Boundless. I walked around in the EU world and it just blew my mind. It seems like even after 2 years I still cant believe how good it looks. The render distance is HUGE and standing on top of a mountain at dawn looking down is just breathtaking. I saw a cave in the distance and I felt like I just had to go there and explore it. I got there pretty quickly using my grappling hook and I went in and got completely lost in there. The sounds really makes you feel like you are in a cave.This games makes me WANT to explore, and I dont need the game to reward me for it. This game is gonna be so awesome once the worlds gets filled with people and monsters. I can’t wait for 1.0!

9 Likes

Amen to that. I’m super excited about the game (and exploration in particular) as well!

And we’re just seeing what has been done with a test build and a test world :slight_smile: Really can’t wait to see all the goodies that can be hidden in the various worlds via the new world builder

3 Likes

Just to make sure, did you make sure you copied the code exactly? No typos, no extra characters, no hidden spaces, etc.? If you try to copy it again and it still doesn’t work, try manually typing it in. If that doesn’t work, devs will probably need to intervene.

Oh ho ho! Look what @Shawnley found laying around in “some random place”!

14 Likes

Yup totally random no divine intervention there :wink:

1 Like

Copy/pasted a few times, and manually typed it a few times - same result. But at least I can play when I’m at home!

That’s really strange. What version of Steam are you running?

Also, assuming you’re signed into Steam with the same account - might you only need to select the beta from the drop down and there is no need to reenter the code?

I will have to look the Steam version up when I’m back at work tomorrow.

I was signed in with same account, and I did try just choosing the “beta” - but there was no option for cplusplus. But I’ll be able to give more information tomorrow.

AFAICT, the Steam client keeps the opt-in options local. I’ve had to add the key on each of my machines so far

2 Likes

Oh… whoops! Ollie was showing me these yesterday as part of a larger conversation about plants and I guess we forgot to clean up afterwards… :blush:

8 Likes

No need to clean up … just let him spawn some more for us :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I’d say you need to hold more conversations in game then … and more frequently! :wink:

4 Likes

I keep forgetting it’s the live world we’re testing on!

7 Likes

That only makes it more fun for us :smiley:

5 Likes

Steam build info:
API: v016
Package version: 1407966480
(Really old version)

Tried updating Steam, it works now! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

You guys should…you know…test Titans next or something :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

and “forget” one above every settlement xD

3 Likes

Ahuh. You’re also making measurable progress in your leaks profession. Though, you’ve got quite a bit more grinding there to catch up with @ben

8 Likes

hook shot does also not work right? (my favourite transportation system)