Testing [cplusplus] 1: Initial C++ build of Boundless

The beacon by the portal was accidentally left there by Matt (one of our QA guys). He’s removed it now.

5 Likes

Nice :smile:

I was experiencing so much lag,I couldn’t even be around people without rubberbanding.
Other than that it’s was pretty cool,there were a few things a noticed that I’m sure you guys (devs) know about. Like the Grappling Hook doesn’t have a string or a actual hook. The Slingbow shot arrows that I could run pass because they were so slow. The tourch has no fire,but other than that,it was nice. The new textures look amazing,and I like the new blocks,but there are a few designs I disagree with. And I don’t understand half the names.
But still great job,you guys are doing fantastic ingame,can’t wait to see what’s next!!

1 Like

amazing 60fps, lag though is there max graphics no frame drop loving the new stone and dirst textures

okay so i went into a cave and i noticed there are a variety of new soils are these going to have link with farming for example i have Soil ‘Clay Base’, Soil ‘Silty Base’ and Soil ‘Peaty Base’

I was getting 60fps and little lag even on the EU servers (I live in the middle of the US). I did only stay on the EU servers for five minutes though.

So far the C++ build has been huge improvement on performance wise.

I’m basically having consistent 59 fps with maxed graphic settings and even when the game starts to load some of the further away graphics the fps does drop some times as low as 45 but it doesn’t cause any sort of jitter or lag, the frame feed is as smooth as if I were using a fancy G-sync/Free sync display, even though I’m not.

Does your engine have some sort frame pacer build in it or something of sort?

But anyway can’t wait you to get the C++ build to same level as the Java build, feature wise of course.

1 Like

JavaScript (only calling it out since it was such an awesome feat even before this C++ build!)

4 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Testing [cplusplus] 2: Quick day-1 fixes

I’m wondering if it would be worth speeding up block breaking a fair bit while we’re testing this build. As it stands, it’s thoroughly frustrating to break a bunch of blocks (and we don’t have tool tiers just yet).

5 Likes

Came here to say exactly this

Good point. The balance is a bit harsh on that at the moment. Unfortunately I’ve only just seen this, and it’s missed the update we just did. I’ll get it into the next update.

7 Likes

Awesome, thanks!

Thank goodness! I spent close to an hour gathering just 5 stacks of stone!

1 Like

The stone tools are now more efficient, although it’s a bit of a hack and there’s a visual glitch.

8 Likes

phew I finally got it working(not because it was so hard I just have no idea how these things work :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

Got 55 to 59 fps, except when walking in high grass, then it dip to 35 - 45.

I feel ashamed now. I havent checked on forums in months and now here I see this.

so late for hype train T_T

3 Likes

But now you get C++ without waiting for it!

2 Likes

I am going to try right now. :grin:

3 Likes