Testing [cplusplus] 11: Loader crash fix, Control remappings

We just updated the game with the following changes.

• Fixed an issue where the loader application crashes when starting the game but the game still loads fine.
  • Added control remapping for chat, inventory, worlds menu, full screen and toggle debug info.

Also, @Okkelinor and @NWrath, can you try this version. The game will crash again but we have made some changes to the game that would provide us with more information to find out what is going wrong. With the extra info, we think we can fix it. Please do send us the game’s log files. Note: We are talking about this issue.

Known Issue:

• In the control mapping screen, there is a wrong text inserted for the chat remapping.
11 Likes

Praise the LOort, our pleases have ben heared! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I followed any instruction from playboundless.com/#faq and had few experiments with creating log files. Not sure that was success.
How I can see, starting from Steam has not effect anyway. I create β€œ\Boundless” and β€œ\Turbulenz\Boundless” both in every one of following folders, but they is still empty:

• C:\Users\
  • C:\Users\Π”Π°ΠΌΠ’Π΅Ρ€Ρ€ΠΈΠΎΠ½ Лимарский\
  • C:\Users\Π”Π°ΠΌΠ’Π΅Ρ€Ρ€ΠΈΠΎΠ½ Лимарский\AppData\
  • C:\Users\Π”Π°ΠΌΠ’Π΅Ρ€Ρ€ΠΈΠΎΠ½ Лимарский\AppData\Local\
  • C:\Users\Π”Π°ΠΌΠ’Π΅Ρ€Ρ€ΠΈΠΎΠ½ Лимарский\AppData\LocalLow\
  • C:\Users\Π”Π°ΠΌΠ’Π΅Ρ€Ρ€ΠΈΠΎΠ½ Лимарский\AppData\Roaming\

When I start from D:\SteamGames\SteamApps\common\Boundless by boundless.exe and boundlessloader.exe, then it has create following files:

My DxDiag: x86, x64

Hope that will be helpful. Please, tell how I can help more.
So, problem not resolved now :anguished:

There should also be the ability to rebind the POV toggle!

@Okkelinor is the loader still crashing? If so can you send us the crash dump files like you did the other day?

Also you could try creating a file called steam_appid.txt in D:\SteamGames\SteamApps\common\Boundless
In the txt file just put a single line with 324510 on it. This file just tells steam which app is being run if you try and run the game by just running boundlessloader.exe from that folder. After you create this file you can try that again to see if it helps (although I don’t think it will make a difference)

1 Like

@Okkelinor actually I think I’ve just managed to reproduce your issue, I’ll see if I can come up with a fix for it.

1 Like

nice ^^

now i can chat with enter like in all games XD i love it :heart_eyes:

now only 1 stupid bug in chat left i know ^^ the line break

can you fix this bug ?

1 Like

Sorry, it is a known issue. We will fix it.

4 Likes