Testing [cplusplus] 12: Crash and LOD bug fixes + new block textures ;)

I think the 2nd and 4th blocks should stay while the 1st, 3rd and mould should be tweaked.

Glacier texture Looks cool to me. Like the light blueish colour with purple tones. Blocks with droplets on it look like place holders for rain drops and dew. Mould in large amounts looks statically arranged to a grid. From afar and even while standing near to it, it is not really recognizable what it is.
It probably depends on how the new blocks are integrated into the world. This goes along with creatures inhabiting a world where those blocks are spawning. It would be easier to realise what this fiber block is if it would be bound to something else. It is confusing that this material lays around like bushes but is not really arranged this way. The fibre texture is interesting and wavy. Defintiely gives the impression of a ressource ready for harvesting and crafting it into a rope or material for clothes.
What I have seend so far, i found it also interesting that there will be textures for transition of one landscape or biome or climate area to an other. Mountains for example have soil into soil and ice into ice. Thought of this as a good element.

1 Like

@Stretchious could you try the macosx-debug branch (password: AhkbVYc6nYdSAXEK) and post the logs to a gist?

Sorry been afk for a long while. Will give this a go now.

Ok, just tried and there is no difference. Still marshmallow land Iā€™m afraid :frowning:
Sorry, Iā€™ve forgotten where the logs are on a mac too!

I tried toggling all of the settings in turn - they didnā€™t have any effect on the textures at all.

Thanks for trying this. The logs are:

/tmp/tblz_log.txt
/tmp/boundless_game_log.txt

(Youā€™ll need to run the macosx-debug branch one more time to make sure the logs are not from another version).
The logs might give me a clue as to what is going wrong.

Thanks for your help.

I only seem to have the tblz_log.txt file, not the boundless_game_log.txt oneā€¦

Iā€™ve created a gist for the tblz_log file here https://gist.github.com/anonymous/bd9433467ed48594dfa7b9491e68920d

One thing I did notice this time around - I loaded the game a total of 3 times - the first 2 times, the game loaded fine and went straight in (still with white textures though), but the 3rd time, it got stuck on the ā€œLoadingā€¦ā€ screen with the spinning mac icon. Not sure if that is relevant?

Edit: 4th time loaded ok again (after I force quit the 3rd attempt), but upon quitting, I got a mac system error saying that boundless quit unexpectedly.

I did another gist, just in case this one holds any different information (sorry I didnā€™t have time to compare to see if this was the case). https://gist.github.com/anonymous/09e72d31e9547145f4efac9f400840e1

Player Molibden reports about boundlessloader crash

Gateway to ucrtbase.terminate not found in DLL api-ms-win-crt-runtime-I1-1-0.dll

These logs are from the JavaScript version of Boundless not the C++ version that this thread is about.

Yes. But with Š”++ version this log file are still unupdated

Its possible its missing the Visual Studio 2015 redistributables that downloaded here.

Steam should be installing it but is you uninstall other apps people have reported them being removed.

1 Like

Thanks @Stretchious. The logs do point to a possible issue, so thatā€™s really valuable. Iā€™ll have to look into possible fixes and get back to you.

3 Likes

@Stretchious Iā€™ve just pushed a custom build to the macosx-debug branch. If you get the chance, could you try this out and let me know if it has any effect on the blank texture issue youā€™ve been seeing?

Morning @dtebbs!

Unfortunately no change Iā€™m afraid :frowning:

New gist in case thereā€™s something new in thereā€¦

@Stretchious Thanks for trying it anyway.

@Stretchious assuming youā€™re still suffering this ā€œmarshmallowā€ effect on the testing branch could you try entering SBlJKXQDtsxwMmKGVqc7 as a Steam beta password and try out the macosx-arrays branch. This is a quick test of a version running against the testing servers which contains a sizeable change to how weā€™re doing the block texturing. Iā€™m interested to see if it fixes this effect or not?

1 Like

Ok, will give it a go during my lunch break and let you know the outcome this afternoon!

1 Like

Good news! It works like a charm! :smiley:

I double-checked on the current testing branch first and that was still having the issue, but the macosx-arrays branch was perfectly fine with all textures showing as expected! Not a single marshmallow anywhere!

3 Likes

Great, hopefully weā€™ll get this change into the next main update and hopefully it wonā€™t break again.

4 Likes