Testing [cplusplus] 12: Crash and LOD bug fixes + new block textures ;)

Hello All,

Thank you all for reporting issues. We have made some changes that fix the following issues.

1. Game crashes when using unicode characters for PC usernames. @Okkelinor , please check to see if your issue has been fixed.
  2. Grid like effect is seen on the terrain (LOD) when looking at a distance. This is a server side fix for the LOD. It will gradually be fixed for all the worlds as players access the worlds.
  3. In the Keyboard Configuration Menu, Chat section is fixed to say ‘Chat’.

Also, we have added the following new blocks.

• Mould
  • Tangle
  • Glacier (the one before was just a placeholder)

Note: Block texture blending will be back in the near future.

8 Likes

The Mac version seems to be crashing with this release. We are looking in to this now. Sorry, Mac users.

I took my like back until you fix it :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Strange… it now works… If the game does not load on your Mac, please let us know. We tested on 3 Macs and 2 loaded just fine. The 3rd one had the problem but now it is okay.

1 Like

Ok just tried on my mac and it loaded fine… but here’s a couple of screens of what it now looks like for me …

I now live on the marshmallow planet! :smiley:

8 Likes

Oh you lucky one … I also want marshmallows :confused:

1 Like

Did you try changing the graphic settings? Does this change anything? This is weird.

I just left it on the settings it’s always been on. I tried logging back in and changing the settings but didn’t seem to have any effect.

I did notice that when I look down, there was some “half” texture like patches showing through

and then when teleporting to the capital I can see more of them…

I’ll try rebooting my machine to make sure it’s not memory related as I always have a bunch of work stuff open at the same time as well.

Thanks for experimenting the settings. Can you let us know the MacOS version and graphics card of your Mac? Thanks

No probs - system info below…

Just to note, I didn’t seem to have any of the other issues reported for macs prior to this release

1 Like

What block types are those in the screenshot? Does toggling the Per-Pixel Lighting option make a difference?

Your glacier textures sure look awesome, really like how they look.

11 Likes

They need to work on some block meshing at some point though ^.^

1 Like

AMazing texture!! more of it please! looks so random, i like it.

Thank you so much! Now it working (but it seems I found another bug) :grinning:

It’s all types of block…sand, metamorphic stone, brick, wood timber, wood trunk, clay soil… well pretty much every block is the same, even leaves.

even the trees in the background are white.

Edit: forgot to mention it’s still like it, even after a reboot and nothing else being loaded.

Does turning Per-Pixel Lighting on or off change anything?

Don’t you find that the new textures (growth and mould) are not in main Oort/Boundless style?

3 Likes

It’s kind of a stretch to say it’s not in the same style when comparing new art to old placeholder art…

2 Likes

hmm, in the moment they are to different, even compared to the new textures.

Seeing the pic with the 4 small screenshots in it makes me feel sad, cuz I miss the well made tree texture of the upper right pic. Overall the old look was way better in visual quality and flair. The new ones look overall to cartoonish and not so “way better then all seen before in crafting games” like after the first texture update. Remember the first time seeing the sand glimming in the sun or tree reflecting with every little carve in its bark? … After the new update with the new worlds I had exactly the oposite :confused:

3 Likes