Testing [cplusplus] 13: Item rendering, block texture blends

Hello All,

We have managed to slip in a small update this week. Here are the new additions.

• 1st Pass: Weapon and items rendered in GUI and for drops with some place-holders.
  • 1st Pass: Texture blending supported for newer blocks.

We were planning to update the flora mesh but we have found an issue with it so it did not make it into this update. In the next update, we will have…

• white place-holder flora boxes replaced with proper flora mesh.

• More items rendered for GUI and for drops. (e.g. raw meat)

Please note that some blending is wrong. e.g. Soil block blending with lantern block.

10 Likes

Wow, it’s amazing how much blending changes it! Also, the new growth texture(s) are quite a bit better; though I’m still not quite sure what the bottom/base texture is supposed to be

Icons are great, too! Though, the silhouettes are a bit too similar (due to the handle on each being basically the same), maybe zoom in on the heads?

(didn’t get a chance to take some screenshots - I guess you’ll have to log in and see)

One issue I saw:

• exotic leaves have weird lighting when in the GUI (leaves are pure black, block is green)
1 Like

Why are dropped items doing the minecraft floating spin now? :c
And i still think all of the brown texture blocks look very strange… also the glacier block still hast too many cracks imo.

4 Likes

Is anyone else able to take some screenshots of the new blending for those of us stuck at work for the next several hours?

japp, wished that they stand still also ^^

2 Likes

Found this.

And leaves in inventory.

7 Likes

that… made me lose my appetite for cake :frowning:

5 Likes

Oh GOD I could eat cake right now. ^.^

i must admit that cake was not the first thing that came into mind…

3 Likes

It has a bit of a “Zerg Creep” vibe to it.

3 Likes

You made me start a new zerg-campain…

2 Likes

Looks like a cinnamon roll.

2 Likes

Thanks everyone for giving us feedback and reporting issues with the update. Very much appreciated. They are all first passes so changes will be made. :wink: Thank you.

5 Likes

yes ^^
i was hungry but now not longer

a bit to much white color fo it XD