Testing [cplusplus] 14: A new world and inverted slopes!

I am currently exploring the absolutely stunning canyons and caves of US2. Can I just get a round of applause to the devs for this? This is incredible! Some parts of these canyons go from the surface to the bottom of the world, with incredibly cool caves in between it all. Thank you devs, and i hope to find someone to explore this awesome world with soon!

4 Likes

Regen will reset anything not in a beacon.

2 Likes

Caves are crazily beautiful now…!!

I’ve spent most of my time spelunking this evening! They’re just too awesomely beautiful - definite hats off to you guys for this one!

On a different note… a bug…

I noticed that although all my inventory is still intact, my beacon allocation has not been reset with the world wipe. I can only place 12 beacons on these new worlds as my other 12 are lost in the void somewhere.

… and a request…

Now that we have inverted slopes, could you change the way the chisel works? I just built a nice diamond shaped column from the ground up and wanted to expand the top of it in an outwards slope (kind of like an enlarged golf tee), but I couldn’t do it unless I started building from the top down … very frustrating :cry:

4 Likes

I am not sure this is a bug, but the red indicator on grappling hook, that indicate it can reach the target, is gone.

1 Like

Can someone please tell me how to get into the c++ version again,I got a new Mac and I can’t seem to get in.

C++ version is now the default version :wink:

Here is the announcement. Release: 129 - Boundless updated to the latest development version [legacy version is still playable]

I just played that version yesterday,and nothing looked different.

You may want to uninstall Boundless and reinstall. That was the case when I tried to play the game at home.

1 Like

So,I did what you suggested,but I’m still not sure I’m in the right version. Should there still be named for the worlds? Because if not,then I’m in the wrong version.

Its 4 worlds in c++
Testeu01
Testeu02
Testus01
Testus02

In old java-version its more worlds, and they got different names.

That’s what I thought,ok so I can get in to the c++ version of boundless,someone please help me!!
I’d like to start recording soon and posting it, and doing some propaganda, but I can’t do that if I can’t pay the current version of the game.

You need to opt out of betas to play on C++, as it’s the default versio, if opting out doesn’t work you could try reinstalling, but don’t opt into any betas afterword though.

I did,I’ve tried the code for the C++ and I’ve reinstalled the game for the legacy worlds version. What is wrong with the game?

Don’t use any codes. Don’t use legacy version. Opt out of any betas. There is nothing wrong with the game, to my knowledge you’re the only person experiencing this so far.

1 Like

This is what your Steam properties should look like in beta leaf, if that makes it clearer.

Thank you guys!! Finally,I can record…

1 Like

Well,I don’t think I have to say anything for this one…

But,on a brighter note i found “Tallow Base”?

I used to ban people on my server for building swastika’s… I’m not saying it should be a punishable offence to build them in Boundless, but I certainly don’t like it when people do that.

7 Likes

If we go into nitpicking that isn’t nazi swastika, but now that we have inverted slopes it should possible to make it, so let’s hope the person who did that didn’t mean to make that one. A Wikipedia page to learn about the symbol, though I guess we can agree that in western world nazism pretty much raped that symbols meaning.

3 Likes

Just went on to explore for the first time since ever and wow! I’m loving the terrain so far :D.

Just a question though, is the game going to be stuck on sunset for a while?

3 Likes