Texture's don't repeat (connect) when blocks placed

In Minecraft i loved how when i made the whole floor out of wood, it wouldn’t look like fifty different blocks placed on the floor but one whole repeating and connecting texture which gave it a realisticish look. Do you have plans to make the block textures work like this, or is it the final form they will have?

I don’t really understand what you’re asking.

They don’t look like 50 different blocks, more like 10 varied blocks of the same type, which are clearly distinguishable from other block types. Instead of one repeating texture they use multiple textures for a block so that there is no clear pattern which makes it more realistic most of the time.

He means that the pattern continues over the edges of blocks so that you can’t make out the different blocks and it looks like one floor/wall.

This would be most noticeable on glass fronts where the edges of the individual blocks look quite ugly and obstruct the view.

3 Likes

I think I addressed this “issue” with my trowel suggestion:

1 Like

that’s quite neat,

+1

because its like adding more blocks, and adding more blocks is always good for building ^^

1 Like

I’m not sure I understand the issue? Can you share a screen shot?

Are you referring to the orientation of the woodgrain? If so, this is something you control when placing the block.

I believe all the blocks should tile and look smoothly consistent - so if they’re not I need an example to understand the issue. Thanks!

I think he is referring to the bevel on some blocks such as timbers and gleam.

2 Likes

Minecraft:

B<:

Clearly visible borders between the blocks.

I already noticed this too and suggested a tool that would allow you to remove this borders/bevels if they are not fitting to your build.

6 Likes

Ok thanks - got it now.

@jesshyland is working on a new batch of materials so this is useful to consider. Thanks!!

4 Likes

Thank you,that’s exactly what i meant.