The castle is so close to being done! #7

Atuubio Oortians!

I am happy to announce that the castle structure is 95% done with only minor things to add! What comes to decorations, I am at 0%… But I love it so much! I am so happy I found the love for Boundless again, it’s such a beautiful game in so many ways!

As always, thank you for all the awesome and kind comments regarding the previous episode!

Let me know what you think! As always, if you enjoyed it, please leave a comment or a like and let me know of ideas what I could improve on or ideas you would like to see in the future! One day I wish to be as good a decorator as people over at Brandywine (also, thanks for having me there, once again, it’s beauuuuuuuutiful!)

//Quimby

20 Likes

It is looking really good! Been learning new tricks and techniques on your vids. I’m definitely stealing that method of randomly spamming blocks then filling it up with noise blocks (in your case, gravel). :grin:

1 Like

Haha of all the things you could learn, you picked up spamming 1 block. :smiley: :smiley: :rofl: :rofl:

Jokes aside, it’s a great way to secure a random pattern! I do chuck in some refined gravel too and sometimes some rock as well. I may still do that on these paths too when I start decorating properly! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hahaha it just took me by surprise so it stuck with me. I’m actually eyeing those tower roof and embossed window design. Also, getting some ideas on how to add noises and not have a wall of same block.

1 Like

I really need to come visit your place, maybe I should do it now!

Edit:
One thing I must say, Angel 1 is a very beautiful planet and you have a great spot to build on! Massive area to expand on and the city entrance is great! This place is going to be huge!
Also, I really like the little tower, the design is very simple and I might the crossing beams idea in the future if I make a large forest, this should fit in nicely!

2 Likes

Thank you! Angel 1 is indeed beautiful and I reserved there some nice area. My only complaint with Angel I is its pinkish atmosphere sometimes. I really liked the resulting color of this halloween atmosphere. Anything but that pinkish/redish atmosphere. Too bad it’s just temporary. :stuck_out_tongue:

The place will indeed be quite big most of all for a solo builder. I’m already contemplating if I could even finish it haha! The place itself doesn’t have much right now. I’m being conservative on fully furnishing the place and more focused on setting a layout so that I could visualize the whole place. It’s taking a long time and one reason for it are those walls! I never thought I’ll also hate them that much haha. Lot’s of redesigning and a redesign also means you gotta do it on the other walls as well. :weary:. Anyway, I think I’ll settle on the design on the outside walls for now so I can move on.

2 Likes

If you are on PC you can probably mod it to keep this color atmosphere. I have played around some with making all T5+ worlds have the lush atmosphere color so keeping the Halloween atmosphere should be just as easy.

2 Likes

Ohh that’s neat, I didn’t know that was possible. That’s an option I could use in the future but for now, I’d prefer to play around the default atmosphere since this is what the visitors will see. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That would be an amazing mod! One day I hope that Boundless has a similar modding capability like MC does. Not that I care for custom stuff but graphic updates etc would be welcomed!

Figured I might as well offer it up in case someone wants it.

1 Like

I take this is reversible as well? Would be nice to test different lightings but it’s good to keep in mind how the original lighting looks like :thinking:

sure, you could make a copy of the original files prior to overwriting them if you wanted to, that way you can just overwrite the modified ones to revert back to original.

1 Like

Great, will have to give it a shot! Thanks! :+1:

1 Like