The Coin system - is it going to be an issue?

Hey, what about daily feats? Don’t they have a reward in coins?

If you play every day you get 100 coin and for the week another 500 for traveling to a world 5 times (so far that is 1200 coin per week). If you get 4000xp per day you get 100 coin and if you get 10,000xp in a week you get 500 more coin (another 1200coin per week). This means with no other feats or objectives you get 2400 coin per week. In the old universe this would not have been enough to buy one diamond slingbow a week (they ran 3000-3500 coin at the gemporium)

1 Like

i just CBF looking at my lists every 10 mins… (and to officially complete them - for deliberate coin - is just too much effort lol… when they bring in servers im going to 0 feats as a rule set :P)

Coin is in no way finite for two reasons: world regeneration and enemies. If you want coin but aren’t interested in building or setting up a shop, just go gathering, mining, or hunting.

And then spend an hour trying to find someone to buy what you mined? And give footfall to every shop that you check along the way? No thanks.

This may be of interest:

There is this website now, you know. :wink:
I was able to sell stuff that was sitting on my shelves for months within minutes when it came out.

1 Like

good point. there are also daily activity feats, but i do agree that gathering, mining, and hunting should be easier and more profitable

Yes I have not used it yet. But I have heard some good things about it, thanks for reminding me. However, With the xp nerf might not matter anyway, might not be playing as it will now take me even longer to get out of the death penalty and finish leveling my alts.

1 Like

woah i didnt now about that website, nice

1 Like

@Dulki you are mistaken. You do get footfall from friends. Not people who have permissions, but friends, yes.

2 Likes

You could also join The iLLumiNaughty Footfall Co-Op! :blush::+1: located in iLLumiNaughty, Trior.

Coin remains an issue. Highly prescient post :wink:

I find that an interesting comment in a thread about not enough coin generation in the game. Seen a few people say theres a lack of coin in the game, but then deliberately avoid creating coin in the game. Seems like an odd way to do it.

(Kal, that wasnt aiming to point at you personally, even though quoting you is pretty much the definition, haha. Im not sure you said anything else i mentioned, just that specific bit i quoted ive seen a few people saying. No offense intended)

Not taking it personally. I guess my attitude is I am not creating coin for me even though I am the one making the effort to go between planets and stores to find someplace to maybe buy or sell something. I am creating coin for players that may not be maintaining shops and happened to plot along the path I take. It does me no good to generate coin for those players and is just me wasting time.

1 Like

But the flow on of that person spending the coin you generate would. Either directly if you had a shop, or indirectly by shops selling more and having cheaper prices.

If you think of it as boosting the economy as a whole, rather than giving an individual coin, the flow on effect reaches much wider.

Unless of course that person is just banking it, but i assume most prefer to use it.

Personally i think ‘i have no coin, so no one should have coin’ is a bit of a dead end strategy. But each to their own.

Think it was a old bug where you didnt get any from friends :slight_smile:

1 Like

This sounds like trickle down economics. . The store owners get coin so that is better for me.:grinning: I guess I feel the effort should be rewarded or incented somehow and currently it is not. I think this is one reason players make their own stuff. They figure they spend as much time looking for the item or creating something to sell to buy the item, they might as well make it themselves.

5 Likes

Yeah thats a good point. Maybe an amount of footfall should go to the person with the feet too. Encourage people to explore, while still rewarding attractive builds.

To be honest i never thought of having both, the debates ive seen were always one or the other, at least in my head anyway.

3 Likes

I could support some split. If you want to encourage people to explore then provide an incentive. If you want to get players to visit your spot then you need to make something they want to see or interact with (a store). I have always felt there is no real reward for just exploring. Sure looking for a resource you find it and then can mine or gather it. But other than looking at the nice builds, why visit all the cities on a planet?

3 Likes