The Common Item Trade Experiment, @ The InfiniPlexx

What if you had someone who collects a lot of sap? Could I help change this? I know you say you are one of the small guys, so I am always willing to help!

That would still be a HUGE help! I’m collecting/buying as fast as i can, but its still a ways away from having enough stock to kick it off (around 10,000). I think its going to stay at the 6c/10c value, so just think of it as a little more incentive to help gather the Sap!

For me, I don’t buy sap, cause A, I can just cut any tree easily on T1 to find it, and B, I use it with Bone to make Glue. So I would have to worry about buying not just Sap, but Sap, Bone, and Coal to smelt them both. I’d much rather just buy the Glue, instead of the 3 other items needed. And if I do have to smelt the 3 items, I can just farm the Sap, and buy Bones instead. This is my personal look at it, and my personal situation.

I am addicted to filling request baskets which allow me to make coin for better gear, I would suggest that if there is a shop stand also have a request basket with said item for sale. Farming items for coin is one of my favorite things to do in this game, example I tried to go to a planet and mine diamonds but I was too inexperienced and kept getting the death penalty, so I farm, sell, then purchase items needed for machine capabilities.

if trunks are going to be a commodity set at 2 and 4 then I think it sounds logical for sap to be set at 6 and 10 this seems like a good idea for testing for now. the earlier comment about glue is also a valid point though perhaps bones should be an item included in the two and four category. if I’m not mistaken I think you already have that one on deck for after the holiday event though correct?

Ya, bones are on-deck for 2c/4c. It looks like they’ll do fine at that value. (after the event is over)

I’m having trouble keeping up with Starberries…

Too many people buying @ 4c, and no one selling @ 2c.
3c/5c would bring it directly in line with the syrup recipe, comparing it to Sap. But even at that value, I don’t think the outbound flow will stop. There just arent that many shops selling Starberries. That means there are plenty of people outside the experiment buying them up probably.
I’ll keep farming them, but if you have any, please consider selling them to the request basket! I’ll up it to 3c right now
(This will probably be the only time you hear a shop owner complain about selling out, lol)

Because they Match Sap, not Trunks. Foliage Drops them, just as much as Trunks drop Sap. They are probably buying them, to sell to other people who are buying them for higher price because of that.

1 Like

I buy at 10c, and usually have an empty basket when I check. I’ve tried buying at 8c and didn’t get many sellers.

Syrup (and sugar) is used in a lot of recipes for cooking and forging. It would be nice starberries were consistently sold for half of sap to make them equal.

I may try lowering my price again as I gathered a full stack and don’t have much demand for them at the moment.

1 Like

Yes, but there arent biomes where the top 3 layers of the ground are Trunks, but there is for Foliage. Starberries are much easier to farm than Sap. Plus the Syrup recipe all but sets their value at half that of Sap

For now, I think I’ll set Starberries at 3c/6c, see if that stops the bleeding. Maybe run an ad for Starberry farmers

1 Like

Today when i come home i will get me an axe and fill your baskets, your prices for the low starter mats are a good coin income and if it helps to shake the economy even a little bit i am on board. I look forward to see fib. Leaves in your list.

As for sap i cut down the big trees completly down, yesterday i cut down two of em whit a magnet to get it all, bout 560 sap and 550 berrys.
So i will see how much the axe on the fooliage will do. I got that biome near me cant wait to get started.

Hey Crete I’d drop it to 6c/9c that extra coin is just tax anyway

He owns a pretty decent sized shop so I would assume he has the tax epic skill which means he can sell up to I believe 14c with no tax deduction

Ya, with the tax epic, it lets you go all the way through 13c with no tax. 14c is the first taxed price. I’m hoping to keep as many items as i can under that 14 line

Ah ok, thanks for clarifying wasn’t aware of that

The problem with starberries is that they come from foliage… and since fibrous has become so common nobody is really mining foliage (its a waaay less preferred building material than wood&stone).

The only use for foliage is beacon fuel, which has an abysmal turnover time, leading it to be much rarer than its easy availability suggests. Sap on the other hand can be used for syrup as well as glue, which goes into basic hammers which are the nr1 consumable for most people.

Tricky situation. Sap has more use, berries are about as easy to farm - arguably berries should be as expensive as sap in that regard with the syrup recipe favouring sap as its whole production chain is more desirable.

Ya, I remember beta when Fibrous were “The Item” sold for 60c at a good price, and could never keep them in stock.

I suppose “Easily farmable” isn’t the right way to say it. Perhaps your “how often the root block is farmed” is a better measurement. More wood trunks are farmed for sap and bark… and just for wood.

In that light, then the market should be flooded with sap, and starberry dry. Which is exactly how it is right now.

I wont go as far as to make starberries worth more than Sap due to the rarity, that seems a bit of over-compensation. but they do need adjusted…

Right now Starberries are at 3c/5c
and Sap (on-deck)at 6c/10c

Any ideas?

Ah, well raising buy price might work, it’s more about incentivizing people to go farm that for the coin, time vs profit scenario.

Just depends on those gathering if they think that price is more worth their time, then say farming shimmering orbs or something else.

For example, if I find 1 shim orb and sell it at 250c, that = 83 berries.

ya, that is a tough metric to live up to. I farm orbs for money, lol. Its the best in the game right now.

I suppose I could try 4c/5c… That would mean, each sold starberry is worth an Earthyam/Flint/Bone/Raw Meat. The only problem there is no one would ever have to farm Bone or Raw Meat… just farm starberries, its easier.

But then again, If ppl are selling starberries to the baskets, what do I care? I guess thats what i wanted =P

Well, I think meat is different because it’s a byproduct of trophy hunting, so I think you will still find people selling you meat because they get 100s when trying to find hopper cores or roadrunner trophies.

Strawberries dont have a by product and are not from a commonly farmed block. So they have high demand and low supply. Which would make sense for a slightly elevated price tag in the current state.

So it’s also based on is farming this one item more beneficial then farming trophies and eyes, with bone, tallow, and armor pieces as byproduct and supplemental income.

Or even straight up orbs and leaves, two sellable products vs one.