The common saying "we are closing"

Whats up with the closing on portal networks, stores, markets, malls, etc. Its quite worrisome, yes I do know of the new places opening as well but it seems that places are closing faster than new places popping up…

Stay at embassy can’t go wrong :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Shops are closing because there are so many shops or because people are getting burned out from staying stocked. Portal networks are hard to maintain and will easily burn you out. Its natural. Some people move to new planets or locations and start fresh. We’ll see it happen a lot throughout the game’s life. I would say dont worry about it too much

4 Likes

People get bored and stop playing portal networks require large amounts of time dumped into getting them set up. Then to maintain them requires large amounts of oort. Not everyone likes to play this game every day or so to refuel portal. Honestly I dnt blame them. A few groups will be around for some time like ps and the embassy. Be even as time goes by they too will fall. This game was never meant to have a portal network it was just a design flaw that allowed that to happen.

Soon you then will also hear of grand openings. Am sure of it :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Makes sense as well. It takes one day to close something, but a number of days to open them. Though the fresh paint and new places to explore can sometimes make it worth it.

1 Like

It’s part of the game. I also think it’s part of what makes the game great. Nothing is permanent. It’s all player driven. When things ■■■■ down, it opens an opportunity for others.

3 Likes

Very true! :thinking:

Are you tired of places closing? Well come on out to the new mall, the Waterfront Outlets! Where places only open.
As you can see by this graph :chart_with_upwards_trend: our numbers are rising.
The numbers dont lie. Have day

8 Likes

I sent a pm to smackage about a plot.

1 Like

R3D’s may be closing down on Gellis soon. But a new birth is on the horizon on another world. Watch this space! (or more like, watch out for an announcement thread) :wink:

Disclaimer: R3D’s are not responsible for any injuries which may occur on the above pictured construction site. Health and safety practices are in effect 24/7 until further notice. Hard hats are mandatory, not optional.)

3 Likes

Hard hats safety glasses on at all times

2 Likes

I think 1 huge problem with this game is a lot of players focus on 1 objective instead of the game as a whole.

If you do the same 1-2 things everyday for hours, you WILL at some point get soooo bored youll move on.

I dont know all of PUREs inner issues or if RL stuff came up. But just looking in from the outside, I seen it coming to an end awhile back. You cant run 5+ hunts a day, and stay focused on just that. You will get bored. I seen the amount of hunts go down hill after a few weeks. A lot I talked to said they just got bored.

I sold my mall because of a grief/troll beacon that someone used free weekend to do. Beacon still burning. They used a 8-16w fuel. Devs said they were trying to help. And i know a lot of other projects left because griefing is allowed in the game.

I now run a small T1-5 resource network. And i know of a few more projects being kept secret until done. A lot of stuff is in the works.

2 Likes

It also sucks when youre pretty much self sufficient so you have too many things to do :dizzy_face:

1 Like

thats me right there. LOL :joy:

1 Like

I have to have a lot of things to do. Keeps me into the game. To each their own I guess. Once i get this network up right, ill come help some others on some large projects.

3 Likes