The current problem with the money system

it is not an advantage in a sense that coin doesnt give much advantage anyway over other people. this game is not the most competitive … and coin is just for warping distance and buying stuff saving time by not getting it by yourself.

This whole game is based on time. So, time = money.

So if having a huge influx of coin (from footfall) helps you save TIME, thus you are saving money and the cycle continues to grow out of control.

I bet there are some people that dont even gather anything, anymore. They just use their footfall income from having a shop in a very popular hub, and buy what they need.

2 Likes

Agree with this. Enough coin means you can avoid the grind needed to collect items, you buy them instead. It lets a player focus on what they want to do.

You know how long it has been since I checked my footfall? lol an hour and I can make 100k. Screw footfall.

You are wrong. Along with a lot others who seem to agree with this. Someone starting in a sandbox MMO before you is irrelevant. Particularly in a game like Boundless.

Not really.

I see one thing in common with everyone that started in September and it’s their ability to complain about things in the game. Learn, adapt, and execute. There’s nothing stopping you from catching up with someone else who has more than you. Learn where and how to acquire things. Adapt to changes in the game that the devs make. Execute your plans to the best of your ability. Quit with the excuses.

Early access and portal hubs literately have nothing to do with your ability to become a wealthy and rich player in this game. It literately means nothing how someone else acquired all their wealth. Using early access and portal hubs as an excuse for your struggles in the game is a weak argument. You’re not struggling to get gems or coal or iron or titanium because of early access and portal hubs. You’re not struggling at all to get anything in the game because of rich and wealthy players. You’re struggling because of a lack of game experience and knowledge and that’s a normal thing. The game isn’t hard, but there is a little learning curve to it.

There’s a lot of people who weren’t in early access or have a portal hub have a lot of coin and items that make up their wealth. So the excuse that early access and portal hubs are why newer players are poor is absolutely rubbish.

There seems to be this misconception that people who own portal hubs (mostly groups of people) are racking in millions of coin for free and not using any of it to maintain the portals. Not every player that uses these hubs are donating Oortstone or Rough Oort in exchange for coin. A lot of these portal hub owners and guilds are running shops to offset the cost of maintain the portal hubs and networks. It’s irrelevant if they’re bringing in 10 million coin (a number plucked out of thin air) but spend 9.5 million to maintain the hub.

You also are spreading this misconception that footfall coin is so large in amount for shop owners connected to a popular hub that it means they don’t have to gather anything and can just buy all their raw materials. This simply isn’t the case.

You also aren’t understanding how Footfall works. You don’t get a tick of coin every single time the same person hits your beaconed area. It’s generally every 24+ hours of a unique visit and probably at a rate which will never finance the expenses and overhead of any money sink you have (portals and sustainability of shop inventory). Even if you have 100 concurrent unique visitors every 24 hours (not realistic ever to expect), that’s 8000 coin. You sell a bunch of stuff in your shop and that means 10% of all item sales is instantly gone cause of taxes and that amount of coin that was completely taken out of the game probably exceeds that 8000c you got from Footfall.

But yeah… early access and portal hubs are 100% and completely the cause of players having less stuff in the game. :+1:

1 Like

All these EA people do have an advantage, yes. I am an EA person, and I’m just now getting around to hitting lvl 40s on my characters and only have a few power coils. The difference between me and the Portal Hub owners…? They played Beta years before early access, and when the game launched they all played nonstop almost 24 hours a day to get those networks up and running. And they each have hundreds of hours into the game.

They’re well off now, however they reeeeally put in the work. A lot of blood, sweat and tears went into some of those portal hub cities. So it’s not like the portal hub owners are just a bunch of lazy bums. They probably still play tons of hours.

4 Likes

The dismissive tone isn’t really helpful, but there is another possible explanation here other than “everyone new is a whiner.” And that is that this game wasn’t close to ready for a general audience. Obviously early backers are going to be down with changes made due to a combination of sunk-cost, and just the fact that if you cared enough about this game to play it in EA, then you care enough to keep working through progressive changes.

I do agree that the economy isn’t the reason people dislike the game, but the economy is close enough to the reason that “Salt wall” logic starts to apply.

Also, someone posted the amount of oort shards needed to keep the PS network running daily. It was <20 daily mass crafts of oortstone. Buying all of those stones at high market prices is 63,000c per day, but we know they aren’t buying all of them (i’ve seen the 10+ man PS raiding parties). We also know footfall on some of these places is in 5 figures daily.

3 Likes

I’ve only, so far used coin to buy advanced compactor coils. And not because I had to, I chose to, because, well I had tens of thousands coins anyway. But it was after I had already mass crafted all other gems. I never ever sold anything to anyone either. I have on my 44lvl hunter over 40k coin just from playing game, and he has no property to gather any footfall from. I’m just going round the planets killing stuff when I play him. You just get really lot of coins from journal tasks, when you play the game. Overall on 3 toons I have over quarter milion coins, and I have no profitable plots in game, beside maybe a road on Beservona, but I built it long after PS hub was established there. Anyway my point is you really don’t need no coin, or even other players to build or gather or kill anything that is in game so far. And as @Ovis has proved in his video 8n an hour you can make over 20k coin on a newly created toon, so you all stop complaining about footfall, and start just playing the game.

3 Likes

COMMUNIST! Kill him!!!

Joke aside, this is a really great idea. (In real life too)

Look lets all just blame walmart… They were here before I was born. Now I can never open up my own walmart chain and become a billionare.

Thank you for using great wisdom and response to show me how I am wrong. (sarcasm btw, you explained nothing).

Actually there is a lot of things stopping me from catching up with the top 1%s, and you, JUST LIKE ALL OF THEM, ignore the point and hope it will go away.

Let me break it down for you… REALLY simple:

Lets say (in a perfect world) everyone has the same play time. So each day you log on you get 100 coins. Every player, no matter what. Everything is EQUAL. 100 coins per day.

But Early Access got 2 weeks of a head start. So when you have 100. They have 1500.

You have 200. They have 1600.

Now I know you are going to make a bunch of time pass and then be like, "OH Y WAIT CUZ U GOT 10000 and I only got 11400 DIS NO BIG DIFFY: Sure, over time, if everything was 100% fair and even, in the WAY long run it wont matter.

But this field is NOT fair at all. While I am hunting, buying, selling, so are the top 1% people, but due to their massive lead in money, they can buy and sell at a way faster rate than I can. They also are ahead of the game in end-game materials. Gems, for example. Which again, extends the huge lead.

I cannot even tell if you are serious or being a joke. Read that quote out loud to yourself – if you honestly believe that than debating with you is just a waste of my time.

That is still a free bonus of 1/2 a million. So im not sure what point you are trying to make there. A portal hub is a huge benefit, but since I am sure you have/live in one you dont see it that way. It is ok, I am sure you are blinded from all the coins in your pocket.

Oh I 100% know how footfall works. 1 player per beacon per 24hrs. But, little trick that you forgot to mention, if I own a lot of plots, and I have X alts… I can just sell my plots from my main and rebuy certain key plots with my alts and that just multiples my money by X… especially if it is on a commonly path.

I never said EA players make other have less stuff. I said EA players have a huge lead and short of them stop playing that lead will continue to grow. I know you tried to spin this, but step your game up.

Round 2, Go.

1 Like

u look like a pretty competitive player, when u state that there is some kind of advantage ea players have in ur imaginary race of some kind but i dont get then why u are advocating to remove the last rest of competition with footfall money lol

Wait, @crypticworlds. I thought we all had the opportunity to be backers and get that oh so big lead against everyone else…that everyone had for what? 3 years before release? Or was @Gill the only one not allowed to be a backer? I guess all I’m saying is we all had the chance so it was fair then its fair now and will be fair down the road.anyone who didn’t get the head start had to choose not to

You see that’s the point. It’s not a perfect world, and not everyone has same play time. Blaming EA players for having a 1m head start is as insane as blaming people that can play an hour longer a day than you. If the footfall was only source of income for each individual player (or at least main, order of magnitude bigger than any other) than you could be right.

But the thing is, footfall is something marginal when you take into consideration how much you can earn an hour just gathering stuff and then selling it to someone. And by your twisted logic, if we are to level the field, we either have to cap how much a player can gather a day, or how much can it play a day.

You also say that those top 1% people have “the huge lead”. Lead in what? I seriously can’t understand that part at all. The game is about the journey, not about reaching the goal (because there is none), but about the journey itself. I achieved almost anything in this game there is to achieve (beside just a few of the journal tasks or cumulating coin or materials for the sake of having tons of them… I mean I have ton of materials anyway… but cumulation is an ongoing process), and I’m getting bored, I play less and less each day.

Soon, probably, I will log in just to extend the beacons timers, unless there is something fun introduced (fun by my standard, don’t wanna expand that thought). But it does not mean I think the game is bad. I had lot of fun with it, and still have some, hours I spend in the game was worth the money.

1 Like

i started 1 day later cause steam stopped downloading for some reason… want compensation from all of u for this advantage! with default interest of course!

I know it isnt a perfect world, and if you read the rest of my post…

Quote the whole thing and stop trying to spin.

Admittedly, i’ve ad a bit more time to play than casuals (severe fractures,surgery, good times) but still, within those few weeks I went from 0 to a few millions (spent half a mil too buying wood for my royal navy ship :p)by gathering, hunting and mining then selling cheap. Footfall is inconsequential in my mind. If you put the time in, money is easy…and that’s the way games have always and hopefully will always be, actual playing is the advantage.

Additionally, I spent the first week of launch just sitting in my little fort and digging under it and even now i’m probably nowhere near as proficient as players who know every resource location like the back of their hands.

1 Like

I’m not spinning, I see no point in quoting whole post about hypothetical perfect world, which Boundless is not. Also I wrote why your logic is flawed. But going by your logic, if you quoted just one sentence from my post you obviously didn’t read my whole post… :joy:

I love when people suddenly go to “stop spinning”, “you didn’t quote whole post” arguments, when they lack any good arguments to defend their debunked theses. :blush: :hugs:

And about this:

Let me ask again: Lead in what exactly?

For someone who loves to poke holes in someone’s post you sure lack understanding. And also, posting emjios doesnt add anything to your post – I see right thru that junk.

No one has debunked anything I said. EA has a 2 week time advantage which turns into a huge snowball coin advantage. Footfall just adds to this snowball even more. I know you think you are right with your little snarky comments and just assuming you are right since you get a few more ‘likes’ than me – and that is fine. We both know you are not that mentally shallow, but if you want to play it that way go ahead.

Read my whole post over and over and if you still cannot understand what I am speaking about than you are not worth the time (as in, you are not trying to have a productive conversation, you are just trolling). Here is a tip, I gave the answer in this reply already.

Footfall only aids in the fat cats already.

Small places are excited when they get 2000 footfall coin. While large cities get way more, with multiple beacons across multiple alts.

Footfall is just free money that can be taken advantage of very simply* – but the only people who can take advantage of it are the people who own the major hubs which just happen to be mostly EA players.

Footfall doesnt help the game at all, it hurts. They need to re-design how footfall works or remove it.

Footfall taken advantage of: You own a large portion of all roads/Hub walk areas. Instead of having all that land on 1 toon, so you only get 1 footfall, you break it up among all your alts. You have just multiplied your money via footfall due to multiple beacons tired to different toons.

1 Like