The current problem with the money system

I think footfall is only a problem because of the way the game is currently balanced, that players feel overly forced to be part of the economy. If regen gets sorted out/more higher tier plants added/maybe some change to tool progression (probably don’t need all of those, just common suggestions) and players feel that they are more able to gather their own material a lot of this vitriol at EA players/footfall should go away. I still think it’s a bad system, but it isn’t the root cause of friction here.

1 Like

If I remember correctly you already tried to convince everyone how early start was unfair and failed.

And I really don’t understand what lead you talk about. I understand that you mean, that some have more coins, or gems, or put_anything_here than others, but where does it ultimately leads, what does it allow them to achieve? This game has no ultimate goal after all.

And how does the early start advantage does relate to a few hours a week player vs almost full time job 40 hours a week player? Looking at what does footfall brings vs what you can get by gathering and selling materials, (and sorry to bring it up again, but you refused to even acknowledge any of my points), nerfing, removing, or giving everyone same daily amount of footfall does not change anything, because those who put a bit of mind into game and gather highly sought after items for more hours a day, will have advantage over those who don’t. And if starting month earlier, or week, or day earlier in game gives you unfair advantage, playing an hour more a day gives similar unfair advantage. Or maybe you disagree?

2 Likes

the gems in my inventory right now are more worth than any coins… for me at least. And u shouldnt get a high enough amount right at the beginning to buy u some 3x3 gem hammer >.<
the people worked for it and in that sense every new player is always, in every mmo disadvantaged to the others. we are born naked and equal, but not into an empty world

im glad to use already existing hubs, they are great work of art, craftsmanship and took much effort and dedication

I have one thought but unsure if its correct or incorrect. So correct me if I’m wrong. But lets say you made a ton of roads all connecting with 4 separate toons.that you still only get one foot fall, I thought footfall was based off account. So the only way to “take advantage of” foot fall would to be to break up the connection of plots. Which I didn’t think you could do with alts.

I never failed, you guys are just in denial. All you do is rearrange what someone said and thrust them at it like a question – you are good at the spin, ill give you that.

Actually it will change a lot. And I bet you if WS did remove footfall all of the EA and hub owners would rage in agony. Now why would they do that if it changes nothing? Hrrmm…

1 Like

You can sell plots and re-buy them with alts. It takes some planning, but you can do it if you know the tricks.

Footfall is not account wide, it is toon/beacon wide.

Anyway, keep up the good fight sztosz, ill check this thread later to see what other magic you come up with. Im off to enjoy the weekend.

I doubt they would rage, but hubs will mostly cease to exist. Most of portals would become private, closed behind locked doors. And those who would hurt the most would be the new and the mid players. My playstyle would change, but I’d be able to run for myself few portals probably, but rather than keep them open it would be more sane to open them only when I would need them. And close them right afterwards.

I’d say, you are. You were given many good arguments by many people, and you fail to acknowledge them.

And still, why don’t answer what do you think of players who play more hours a day than others, do they have an unfair advantage too? Why instead of answering, all you can do is accuse me of “spinning”? Is it an inconvenience of that question for which an answer could prove that either we can’t call early start an “unfair” advantage, or if we do, than every difference in time played is unfair, and by this, this “unfairness” is simply something that can’t be deal at all and actually the early access becomes irrelevant? Or is there something else that stops you from answering this, let me repeat once again, simple question: do players playing more hours a day than the others have unfair advantage over those others?

I didn’t read all the posts way to many for me to catch up on them all, been a long day for me. I didn’t know about this game before it was released, but I do know about playing on EA games, I have several and I see that my having it is a huge advantage over new players. I know what to do, the best places to go to find needed things, how to do certain things that helps you to survive. I know where the traps are at so I won’t die. Best loot to find so I can get to it first. And since it doesn’t respawn for 30 days, that gives me a huge advantage.
It is that way in all EA games. And that goes for this one. The players who were part of EA already had their bases up and running, knew which planets game what items so they didn’t have to hunt around to find out where such and such can be found. And very few players will come here to read posts, threads and get info, they will try on their own to find stuff. The footfall does help them, it is a status symbol of I got such and such from footfall, you can see that in some of the posts here.
Don’t get me wrong, I’m not against footfall, but you are lying to yourself if you think it isn’t important and that new players lose out because they don’t know to build near cities to get the footfall. My son and I were visiting some planets to just see what they were like and we saw several plots that had a beacon, crafting table, one or two storage crates with some items in it and that was it, no walls; and they were ones that had the dangerous critters. They were there strictly for the footfall, to get coin. My son and I won’t get much and I really don’t care. I’m not playing to make money, but to have fun.
What does anger me is the excessive prices on items. Went to one store and the price for glue was 200c and for sap was 150c. Go to another store on another planet and the price was 30c for glue and 15c for sap. The expensive store had a basket for glue wanting to pay 5c for glue.

2 Likes

Felt this should be a separate post. On getting a lot of stuff and making a lot of money. Well, I decided to test it. I was, at that time, level 18 ready to go up to 19, did that while on Alder. My starter planet. In two hours I went through several axes, shovels and hammers. I was dealing with mountains, swamps, hillside that were noting but the pretty flowers that give you nothing and very few trees. The sword plants were few and far between and the glowy ones, (rossa ?) also were hard to find. Most were hidden by the tall grass. And holes were also hidden, fell twice into one.
What did I get in two hours?
34 Starberries
9 labella
108 yams
14 spicy beans
110 sap
7 pulsating orbs
2 petals
10 flint
9 opals
41 inky leaves
94 fibrous leaves
575 lustrous trunks
535 twisted trunks

I’m not saying what’s his name didn’t get the amount he did in a hour, but what was his level, what was the terrain, how tall was the grass, could he see the holes to keep from falling into the pits, how much does your level affect how many you get, and more of them over someone who is much lower?
Am I complaining that he got more, nope, was happy with what I got, in fact, was surprised at how much I got. I was not happy with the terrain, which was a huge factor, but that wasn’t his fault, just my bad luck. Those variables need to be looked at before you can go, you can make ____k coins in a hour.
Oh, I did sell some items and made around 500c, but I preferred to keep them all; I can use them.

1 Like

As one of those “portal hub” people you speak of, you’re absolutely right we have an advantage when it comes to coin. You know what we also have? An insane responsibility to keep the hubs running and up to date with no breaks at all and barely any time to do what we want personally.

edit: you know who doesn’t have responsibility? The people who plop down plots on the edges of the hub and leech footfall while doing nothing at all to help the hub beyond adding minuscule amounts of prestige to the hub in question.

edit 2: None of this is meant to be hostile. It was an explanation of the duties of those who own portal hubs. It’s not just free money while we sit back. Ultima Hub works hard daily to keep portals going, deal with grievances people have, help with portals, make sure shops are not trying to ruin the reputation of the hub, dealing with angry people who demand we change things for them, and try our hardest to have a good economy set up for all the players we made the hub for. And the best part… we don’t require a thank you, money, or demand you abide by any rules other then being a proper human/whatever our chars are.

3 Likes

Good, that is the whole point I am trying to make and some people are saying you have zero advantage.

No, you have maintenance to do ,and I never said you didn’t. But you guys get way more footfall and have stands set up to get oortones (and I didnt single you guys out, but since you are calling yourself out then I am going you use you in the example) so the overall is a huge net gain. Don’t act like all you do is maintain portals and you never have time for nothing else. There is a large group of you and as long as you have share perms on each other portals you can all add fuel to them all. So while your portal network is vast, your home community is vast as well. Not to mention, a lot of the portals consumers ask for you to put on your properly and it is up to them to maintain it – that is 100% free easy footfall income.

Of course you dont demand any of that, since you get payment via footfall. Thank you for helping me prove my point.

EA people… hubs… footfall, it a giant circle that keeps growing. Growing and growing. That is my whole point, so again thank you for your input. Shoutout to Ultima Hub, I really do prefer you guys over the other hub choices.

This is just rich – so you predict doomsday will happen if footfall goes away and you are doing everyone a favor. lol. What would happen is you would have less money since footfall is gone and that would make you angry. So in a fit of rage, instead of doing this “for the community” like you all say, your true colors would show that you are doing it for coin. Man, I love it, please, keep this back and forth going.

Oh I acknowledge them all, but then more and more of your drones kept repeating the same argument with just a different tone. It gets really dumb to keep repeating myself over and over again – and that is why said thread was locked since you and your team of EA people tried to outshout me and shut me down. As I said then and ill say here, you are not going to bully me into changing my opinion on the current system. You can spin it all you want, put your little emjios here, and keep ignoring the facts. You will never get me to keep quite on this mess that is footfall.

This doesnt deserve any response. The whole snowfall effect is started by the EA. 2 weeks playtime without anyone else. THAT is the problem – you are just trying to change the subject and take away the focus from the EA which is what I am speaking about. EA and Footfall, I do not know how many different ways I can explain this to you.

Since the hubs are set up, and new people go to hubs, the cycle keeps going and going. But yet you sit there, still, trying to say I am making this “advantage” up. Whatever man, you just keep recycling your words.

EA is an advantage. If you do not think so you are, as I said before, just trolling and really getting a kick out of this forum attention. If this game truly wanted a FAIR start, everything would of been reset on release and the knowledge and benefit from playing during the alpha/beta would of been enough of an advantage – but nope, EA people got a whole TWO weeks of unfettered access prior to anyone else which allowed them to set up and easily maintain the top wealth status.

But as the Dev have said, the reset didnt happen and cannot change that now == Which was all addressed in the other thread that you keep saying I ignore people.

BACK to the main point, EA and Footfall snowball. I hope you are still following cuz this is the last time I am going to break this down again for you.

Again, this is NOT what the footfall issues are about. Hubs are set up, used, and the majority of the player base relies on them. Which adds to the snowball footfall problem.

ea is an advantage like any other advantage including having an iron bladder and only have to ■■■■ half as many times. And u still didnt say with one word what u can do with ur advantage… with ur imaginary billions of coins footfall >.< All u do is trolling now, to see if u can get people angry with this bs
there is nothing a ea player could do to slow u down in ur progress, in contrast they adding services and reaping the rewards… no one is keeping u from doing the same

Disagree. I have made some suggestion, one being remove footfall. Waiting on your answers as to why that is a bad idea. You, Shaedesmar, are the one who isnt adding nothing are just typing to troll.

Besides, this statement alone shows you didnt read my ideas and the fact that you support and agree with EA/footfall snowball.

When in fact, when this game released it was NOT equal at all – everyone was 2 weeks behind the EA people, which nothing can be done about now and that is fine – but the footfall snowball needs to be changed. Removed 100% is one option, I am open to hear other people’s opinions on how to change it.

1 Like

I will answer it. Positively, absolutely No Advantage over others. Does my spending four hours building my base give me a advantage over other players who played two hours? How can that be possible? I didn’t go anywhere, I was placing blocks, taking others down, Then having to take some out because I put them in the wrong spot.
Did my mining in the plots that I own for three hours the other day have any effect on other players? Or doing crafting? When I turned 6,000 rocks into stone to used in building and other uses?

Do I use the portals, yes, sometimes. But not a lot. Today my son and I took a portal that a neighbor has put up to a hub so we could get to planet Till. We may use one to get back, or use a warp, or go to the Sanctum and warp from there to our base. Does my five, six or even seven hours affect another player who plays only two hours a day. It shouldn’t, unless I am just running all over a city, using the portal to go to another city to run all over it and do so for six or eight hours.

However, that Do Not Affect a player who plays less than I do, it only put coins into the players who had EA so they could build the cities, create the hubs so player could use them and they reap the benefits from the footfall.

It fits the same as a player who has higher levels than me is able to get more when they mine, kill animals, collect various items to sell or use to make items to sell. John Doe who can go and harvest in one hour enough to make somewhere 10,000, 20,000, 30,000 or even more coins when they sell them have a advantage over me when I can only harvest and obtain enough to sell and make maybe 2,000 coins.
Is that unfair, No, I don’t see it as unfair. When I level up more I will be able to collect more, do so faster. What I have seen as unfair is when players are allowed to place a plot, beacon, crafting table, a storage crate near a city where others players will pass and visit only to collect coin. When those who have shops charge 200c for one glue. But when I bought glue at another store in another city for 10c each so I could have enough to make storage crates, that is too big of a difference. That to me is cheating on the getting footfall and not ever do anything on that planet. The other is price gouging, you can like what I say or ignore it. Hope that answers your question.

lol keep quoting me, maybe u learn something… but first u should prove ur claims. Maybe u had the impression that i added nothing cause u didnt understand what i was saying. Btw ur comment on the second quote shows that u havent.
If u start 2 weeks earlier 1month later or 1 year later: it doesnt make a real difference. The more people have build in the game the more content and infrastructure is there the easier the progress for new players. Footfall money doesnt have much impact on the economy because coin is generated anyway in much greater amount from other sources. Structures will stay only when people are commited to it. its not impossible to catch up on ea backers with ur own stuff. Whole cities will depopulate with the time and new will be built. Footfall is a nice way to compensate much used structures for their effort and giving incentive for useful and beautiful buildings. so no im voting against removing footfall.

Every time u post u claim that others didnt understand ur story or they didnt read, whatever. But still u havent brought up 1 argument to counter what other people had said. u flatout deny that other people have points (maybe u dont want to engage them because u didnt understand them? idk)

u call me troll because its convenient for u to brush off my points, i call u troll because u act like one

u talking of stopping the snowball, but every character is starting to snowball after some time. it just doesnt matter in this particular game when this happens or if it happens several days after this guy started to snowball. dont u get that when ur buildings reaching like 50k footfall money every day u are able to create 5 BILLION a day in value through gathering and crafting and trading with high lvl forged tools and good skills? footfall money is a nice addition for visited places and it should stay that way. theres no snowballing just thru footfall alone lol

and also what janna wrote: :+1:

Dismissive tone? Perhaps it is. I am just not big on buying into people’s excuses. Don’t like being poor in Boundless? Do something about it by, oh I don’t know, doing tasks and activities that lead to income generation. Same goes for real life. Don’t like the pay at your job? Ask your boss what you need to do to move up or get a raise or start looking for new career opportunities.

The power to change your circumstances with the very limited amount of resources every single player has makes it so no excuse is valid to make. Ever.

You want coin in Boundless, want a better relationship with someone, want a better career, want a better vehicle, want something that’s better or something new or just a change. That decision to put the effort and time into getting it is completely up to the person.

Excuses are a waste of energy and time to make. If that really makes me dismissive, then I am dismissive. I just think if people want their situation to change in the game then they need to put the effort and time into making that happen. Even if that’s gathering resources for 1 hour a day during work days and a few more hours during days off, it all adds up.

Anyways, wasn’t trying to have a go at you specifically Lennon, just the only one that replied to me that I felt responding to. So… :beers:

You will (probably) be relying on the portals a lot when you’re ready to gather rarer crafting ingredients, level hunter and collect rarer creature drops and when it’s time to make your machine coils (unless you can afford to buy it all)

They don’t demand but they certainly do deserve a huge thank you every single day.
Can pretty much guarantee that a majority of peeps who keep portal hubs running are not doing it for the money, or at that the coin is just icing on the cake. They keep things running and looking great because they take pride in what they do and have a sense of responsibility to the wider community.
There will always be a small part of this wider community that can’t/won’t understand this, and it probably says more about them than the peeps running the hubs.
I, for one, don’t begrudge them a single coin. I am able to run my small shop, get customers and flit to and from any planet all thanks to the hubs.

money what’s it good for, absolutely nothing.sort of.

2 Likes

My son will get to do the dangerous part of hunting and gathering, LOL. He is what you would call a experienced committed gamer. He is disabled and can’t work so games have become his life. He is now at level 25 And was on Till, talked me into going back with him. I died three times, but finally made it. When he visited the first time he died twice, went to a meter and had to fight a lot of critters, got some good loot. When he was with me he slipped trying to get on a “road” across the lava to the city and was up high so going down he slipped on a Ice block and missed the stone. He mentioned he needed coils, not sure if he plans to make them. If he can he will, he is tight with his coins. I am more apt to spend mine.