The fate of Compass Hub

A few weeks ago, I posted in the Compass Hub guild channel that the hub is nearing the end. Not everyone who has portals with Compass Hub is in there, so I am sorry for the true shock you will be receiving here today :stuck_out_tongue:
I was taking care of the hub for @Alwin. The beacons will be expiring soon. I will be dismantling it and taking back my oort, as I am unsure when they will expire. I do not want to risk losing the oort… it has become precious nowadays with the lack of hunting I have been doing.
It was fun, and it was nice meeting some of you. :slight_smile:

:slight_smile:

12 Likes

Compass Hub was the coolest thing I did in Boundless. I usually don’t have the willpower to bring my ideas to fruition. I took this new energy into other areas of my life and in the process I left Boundless behind. For this reason, Compass Hub marks an important life milestone for me in ways I won’t detail here. Thank you @EmBee for taking such good care of my baby for this past half-year.

I’m very grateful for everyone who found it useful and who contributed to its success to any degree. And for everyone who I met and for all the fun memories. Sometimes I check back here to reminisce fondly about y’all.

Over the course of playing Boundless I was always focused on helping others, since I didn’t have any real goals of my own. I hope the Compass Hub idea sticks and others do something similar and do it better. I’ve seen many wonderful renditions.

I hope people continue to dream and experiment and try new things and strive for better.

Love,
Alwin

24 Likes

Alwin :heart::heart:

6 Likes

If more people would just come back and play for a month or two … who knows what could happen. Sorry about the hub … hope to see you both keep playing :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Thanks to the implemented item search-to-buy function, I have frequently found myself going thru the planet portal to find myself quite far away from the shop, with no apparent portal there!

This is, and always will be a wonderful idea! Sorry to hear the original plan is shutting down, but hopefully the notion of the project will lead others to emulate this to some degree, as it is most definitely a timesaver!

3 Likes

:slightly_smiling_face: I’m not going anywhere. I’ll still be around tending to my many unfinished projects.

2 Likes

Thank you @Alwin for building the compass hub and @EmBee for keeping it running for so long.

1 Like

Alwin taught me that I was not alone in Boundless, thanks to him, Mowlice and his compasshub, I began to socialize with the community and thanks to them and the good people of Brown Town I have been enjoying one of the five best games I have for almost a year. played in my forties. thanks also to Embee for keeping them. a hug to all.

2 Likes

If you need anyone to try and keep it going let me know. I am sure some people would be more than happy to step up and help.