The game doesn't start

Apparently McAfee doesn’t have that function. Instead of that, the only option is to turn of real-time scanning, which is still turned off. The game still doesn’t work

Hmm, if you tried all those you can contact Steam Support and see if they have further suggestions. Googling it suggests some other options but manually deleting things is getting hanky.

Do mention to them that its saying “Content file locked” as that appear the root issue.

Steam support is suggesting I ask you.
The “Content file locked” issue has been resolved. Now the games starts, stays on for like 30/40sec then closes.
While this happens, no menu pops up.

Do you get to the loading screen with the Early Access notification text on it?

It asks you to click to continue - do you get that far.

I’m curious as to why you are all of a sudden no longer getting the Content File Locked issue… :thinking:

No, I don’t get that far.
Restarting my pc was the solution to the Content File Locked issue.

Can you check to see if there is a game log or crash dump being created now?

There’s no game log/crash dump.

If there is no game log then the game isn’t starting.

1. A dependency is missing failed to install, or
  2. Something is stopping execution.

What can I do about that?

@DNArthur @james @michaelb @luke-turbulenz I’m very curious if this problem have been solved, as I have a friend with the exact same problem.

If it is Norton related, a little searching in Google takes you to this thread.

https://community.norton.com/en/forums/need-download-program-norton-wont-let-me.

Boundless install completely fine, but when we try to launch it nothing happens

Are you generating logs?

I don’t think so, but I can check later when we’re together again

On my part I have solved it by resetting my pc to factory setting. However doing this might be a bit to “hardcore”.

yeah she is not very happy for that solution ^^

That is very hardcore! It would have been nice to figure out what was preventing the game from starting so we can tell other players and see if there is anything we can do to stop this from happening again.

@luke-turbulenz, that would have been a good idea. Unfortunately Boundless wasn’t the only game whith this “bug”, so I thougt I’d reset the pc and be done with it.

There are no logs, and furthermore “%LOCALAPPDATA%\Turbulenz” does not exist

That would indicate that the install isn’t completing. What anti virus is the machine running?