The game doesn't start

Could you give this a try as well …

1. Go to Steam
  2. Select Settings -> Downloads -> Steam Library Folders.
  3. Add a new library folder.
  4. Uninstall the damaged game.
  5. Install Boundless into the new library folder.

I have no idea if it will work, but it’s worth a try, if you’re willing.

I’m trying to do that, but every time I try to create a new library folder it sais “Selected drive already has a Steam library folder. Steam will manage multiple game installs in a single folder for you”.
Where should I put the new library folder? It’s not letting me put it in C:, but I have no other drives.

Ah ok - I didn’t know that it would do that.

I’ve exhausted my search abilities for the moment then (I’m supposed to be working :hushed: ).

There may be a few other options in that steam community thread that you could maybe try?

Did you try disabling for the steam folder before launching steam? Do reenable it at the end of updating.

michaelb, what do you mean?

Anything here help?

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=4361-MVDP-3638

Turned off Real-time scanning, uninstalled & reinstalled the game. It still has the same problem.

In MacAfee does it have an exclude folder from being scanned? Many of them do as they cause issue if the files are updated at high frequency, eg when we build the source code it will stop the files being replaced if they are locked.

Apparently McAfee doesn’t have that function. Instead of that, the only option is to turn of real-time scanning, which is still turned off. The game still doesn’t work

Hmm, if you tried all those you can contact Steam Support and see if they have further suggestions. Googling it suggests some other options but manually deleting things is getting hanky.

Do mention to them that its saying “Content file locked” as that appear the root issue.

Steam support is suggesting I ask you.
The “Content file locked” issue has been resolved. Now the games starts, stays on for like 30/40sec then closes.
While this happens, no menu pops up.

Do you get to the loading screen with the Early Access notification text on it?

It asks you to click to continue - do you get that far.

I’m curious as to why you are all of a sudden no longer getting the Content File Locked issue… :thinking:

No, I don’t get that far.
Restarting my pc was the solution to the Content File Locked issue.

Can you check to see if there is a game log or crash dump being created now?

There’s no game log/crash dump.

If there is no game log then the game isn’t starting.

1. A dependency is missing failed to install, or
  2. Something is stopping execution.

What can I do about that?

@DNArthur @james @michaelb @luke-turbulenz I’m very curious if this problem have been solved, as I have a friend with the exact same problem.

If it is Norton related, a little searching in Google takes you to this thread.

https://community.norton.com/en/forums/need-download-program-norton-wont-let-me.

Boundless install completely fine, but when we try to launch it nothing happens