The game feels dead

I’ve been playing for a week now and nobody plays this game it seems. It’s empty, portals are closed, shops are empty, nobody visits my sites ever and nobody buys anything form my stands. It’s impossible to make money or do anything if there are no people playing. What am I supposed to just build houses forever? This game is all filler and no substance. Is there any plan to make this enjoyable?

1 Like

Hey man get ahold of me, lots of ppl play they’re just spread out.

4 Likes

I can help show you what’s up, there’s lots to do.

1 Like

yeah communities change over time. Best thing to do is find a different group of more active people =D

EDIT: There’s definitely still lots of people playin

1 Like

thanks I appreciate the offer but I’m not looking for training. I know how to play. nobody is on is my issue. Whole towns are empty. This game needs more. i paid 40 bucks to have a good time. If they need to switch this to offline and add a story then it needs to happen. Something needs to happen. This is just building houses in blocks. I can build houses in Sims that are way more interesting. I guess I’m just venting… I want a refund

1 Like

Not sure which places you visit but earlier on Finata it was really rather busy…

And according to boundlessninja.com there are currently 224 players playing, not many indeed, but it’s a weird time (middle of the night in AUS, morning in US, about dinner time in EU and/or time when people are travelling home from work in EU/UK)…

2 Likes

Look for an active town, there aren’t enough people to fill every planet, players come together in the “hot af” towns and they change overtime. Go through portals until you see players on the compass.

is there a good town somewhere? I built in grindstone because it seemed active, then it wasn’t

that sounds about right in general for the game steam charts says 200+ is a peak while i guess normal or off time is around 140 players

that tho is also kind of the big kicker to the game lucky it has not happned with PS but you will find a group of people build in there town and then just watch has more and more builds start to disappear would drive me nuts if i had to pack up and move more then once

It’s an 80/20 principle. 80% of the business is 20% of the shops. Which means, that 4/5 shops or areas or whatever, they aren’t dead, but people are doing other things.

I mean when you play the game do you just sit at home and wave at people passing by your front yard? I mean, you’re out on other planets mining or farming or hunting or something. Nobody really just sits at home.

The expectation that all the portal hubs should be all filled, and all of the shops should be booming, that’s just not how reality works, it’s unrealistic.

If you go to Ultima Guild right now, I know for a fact you will see people, especially since they are congregating there for the holiday event. But if you sit at any portal hub you will see people hustling and bustling. And you can join Discord and sign up for hunts to go on big groups (30+) and fight things together.

1 Like

We have between 5 and 10 players in Quark on Angel 1 every evening PST and most of the day on the weekends. We have a portal in Grindstone in the player portals upstairs. We also have Portals to PS Grovidias Te, PS Imdarii, Gyosha Mall, High Ridge, and an old ruined shop on Segniakai. There is lots of surrounding Quark and we can unplot some space in town for dedicated players.

2 Likes

There are lots of “busy” areas where there are usually numerous players…Ultima Hub in Finata is the busiest. PS Biitula is usually busy, Aqua in Beckon…

Everyday there are groups that go on hunts.

Also, keep in mind this is an MMO with servers in different regions. Some are more active at different parts of the day. For example, If you go to a planet on a US server at 2-4am, you might not see many folks.

2 Likes

Look I made a chart of players per planet over time!

ok maybe it’s not so helpful…

18 Likes

Actually it is pretty helpful if I’m reading it right than their is a about 5 people on a planet at any given moment and a few main hot spots are peeking.

1 Like

There’s no way the current model is sustainable, so I’m sure there will be a bigger new launch with a much higher investment in advertising. I believe the first launch was just to refresh the player base in order to continue to test development. I’m guessing soon after the farming launch we’ll get to see the real 1.0

3 Likes

You said you’ve been playing a week. I’ve been here since it came out. Someone is offering help and has more experience and you’re shutting it down.

Well I’m baffled. Good luck on the refund.

6 Likes

I’ve been playing for a year, and I’m still learning.

2 Likes

I have my main base on Seginiaki. For a while, the city of Anvil was growing like crazy and it showed amazing potential. Then one day there was no one. It died over night. Most of the city is still physically there, but there just isn’t anyone around. I felt like the game was dying too. I had invested so much in my builds on that planet and the thought of moving saddened me.

But I eventually started to build on Gravidias Te, and it made a world of difference for me. The PS HQ city is full of people and it made the game fresh for me again. I still have my main base on Seginiaki, but I spend most of my time on Gravidias now. I would look to do something similar if I was you.

2 Likes

yea cuz like he sayed he des not need experience he knows what hes doing just the lack of a noticeable player base is hes issue…unless you join one of the 3 big guilds that dont seem to be going anytime soon boundless right now is better has a nomad game

1 Like

I did play around in the PS hubs for the first time in a while, and the number of dormant portals is a bit shocking.

But it’s not a dramatic decrease in players. The traffic seems to have shifted from giant hubs to a large number of smaller hubs (like mine) that are all interconnected so people can avoid high portal costs. I suspect this is a side effect of the plummet in footfall coin.

I regularly see people popping up in that area of my settlement (which makes the lack of footfall really annoying.)