The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

The Good, the bad and the ugly
How it all went Down In Aquatopian Embassy.

The Good
Everyone was really excited starting fresh and were pumped to start leveling up/building the new home. Old faces from the Early access came Together again. (just a reminder that before launch we had around 20active players In EA servers cause everyone just was Waiting For the launch.) it was really a Joy To see many People running around like headless chickensā€¦ I prolly talked more To returned players than actually played the game first few days(wich was awesome Btw).

Lawrizze started To build the Hub area wich would be the center of the Embassy.
Others following with base buildingā€¦ Everything was good and almost unrealā€¦ After all we all waited the launch so badly.

The Bad
After good launch and about half years after we kinda agree Embassy is looking like FreeForAll BattleArenaā€¦ There could be road that were owned by 5 different Peopleā€¦ Wich made remodeling a bit of a painā€¦ After we got In touch To every single plot owner we started remodeling roads To more same pattern than having brick road there and soilroad here.
The bad part of this was actually not remodelingā€¦ It was the time When we did itā€¦ We used a lot of People Who technically didnt live anymore In aqua embassyā€¦ But had plots there.
People were alrdy started To abandon the embassy with just a little time In thereā€¦ I cannot blame them tough i would e prolly done the same.

The Ugly
This part For me is bittersweetā€¦
It all started When player started plotting our outskirts of the embassyā€¦ Apparrantly as a spagetti roll as a guideā€¦ As the plots were swirling around like no ones business.
I tried To contact dev about this and got answer wich Pretty much was ā€œno can doā€¦ He has gc For yearsā€. I tried Then half Year after the same and again i got the same answer but this time with addition ā€œhe havent logged In For a whileā€.
Wellā€¦ Reclaim system cameā€¦
I asked devs about it and contacted Vex about it tooā€¦ Who actually said thats the worst plotting she has seenā€¦ Stillā€¦ The thing was there over 1.5yearsā€¦ Just sitting and stopped us from expanding as a Group.
This was Pretty much our Last nail In the coffin.

This is how 1 player destroyed Aquatopian Embassy In Beckon.

-DISCLAIMER-
This is just my Side of the story.

10 Likes

On a side note, I do miss the old Aquatopia and Therka market :ā€™) thatā€™s where I used to make all my money haha

1 Like

I started my game adventure over on Beckon, I was with TacoLand which wasnā€™t far from Aquatopian Embassy, I was so excited my first time running around the planet and I found this beautiful city. I had so much fun running around, So many beautiful buildings, and shops, boy howdy was there active shops!

I loved that city. Thank you for sharing!

1 Like

I just needed this i guess personally.
This has bugged me long timeā€¦ And how my gaming experience wouldve been Maybe different without all this. At least the ugly partā€¦ Wich was truly a bittersweet moment For me personally. We managed To get the beacon out of the way but it was like 1 year too late ^^.
Now @Odeon actually is building his massive building thereā€¦ Respect For him as he is almost only OG there Who stayed. Well Who knows if i join himā€¦ Im looking For place To stay.

4 Likes

Buugi,

You are always welcome to join our community, we tend to stay drama free with Glitch over on Refgar. We tried to stay close to the EU worlds for connecting to as many places as we could. I live over in the US East.

Hugs

But having release always helps. Figuring out where tensions exist.

2 Likes

This hits close to home for me too! Hope you stick around and find a good place to settle. Glitch world and Nonie are amazing ppls deffo check them out :slight_smile:

3 Likes

We had sort of the same issue in Duskmoor/Phoenix Rising.

Its good you let all that out. You can focus on your future now.

1 Like

all those plots that where plotted for when the city got active but actually stopping the city get active where it was the moment they wanted to build on it
if ya follow it olmost broke me having a massive city where you could build nothing and the active players had to live miles away from the center it was a viceuze circle

thats why i tell new city builders dont build around a hub our own it all before you open the city also invest in portals that go around town not to 5times a copycat hub thingy

one thing we did good was keeping the portals open since day one and we still do thks to the allmighty wischl and aquatopia sunkentown im on a break do to to much rl work but hope to get back into it my next two weeks off work saw the new year plan for aquatopia sunkentown and its sweet
maybe the embassy is a sweet place now to live cause there no boss there sounds perfect for a @Buugi we def keep the hub up and running like we always do so people can enjoy it there

4 Likes

Wrong. Embassy was a sweetplace. No boss? Plots there belong To handful of playersā€¦ Also the whole hub outskirts has been demolishedā€¦ Maybe you shouldve visited there before saying that. I doubt you Feel the same.

1 Like

I remember living there for a bit back in the day.

I also learned from beckon to make sure to own all your roads and outskirts

ok havent been there for a while def gonna have a look soon

just not to long already had a near depression experience there

iv put so much effort in trying to do stuff there make it something but so much land owned just to own for some reason its weirdz also if i walk there and someone tells me i have plans i need deadlines from now on lol

its the poster child for old city syndrome

we need gamemaking stuff

ow yeah and preown the entire city :sweat_smile:

building citys is superfun but serve zero function except for making money for a few people
and some bragging rights on a number lol

we need puzzle tools quest making and dungeons and for examples items that take a entire city to make and sell need take it to next level now the game works now need let us do the rest
some dumb simple stuff like keycards riddles solving and story books to follow and i can keep myself busy for ages and even make an abandoned city fun

also whats up with forum im away for month come back and its drama free lol maybe this means the game is ready for the cool stuff

1 Like

Well moeb now that we speak here publiclyā€¦ I can say that Im dissapointed how things went Down In the endā€¦
I liked the embassyā€¦ Sure it had it flaws, but Im gutted how People managed To actually make it ghost town. In Aprilā€¦ Someone said they are remodeling itā€¦ Wheres the remodeling? Talking over half Yearā€¦ Its christmas now you seeā€¦ Note.:if you dont plan To use itā€¦ Give it To someone Else Or share it.
I would like To get it back and but it To former gloryā€¦ I really would. Whats stopping me?
Plotsā€¦ If you have readā€¦ I actually deleted my char in one pointā€¦ So there went my 3000plots through the toilet.
Also around 1000 of those 3000 were actually bought onesā€¦ Wich Im a still mad i cant get them as i have payed For them.

I dont wanna be on someone Else s plots working as i cannot do whatever i wantā€¦if I need To add a plot Or remove oneā€¦ I need To contact the owner.

dang you lost bought plots that lame
i have no plots in emb since forever cant help ya there