Old City Syndrome(lets make it more interactive)

its something ive been noticing for a while now
and it needs a cure

atm you build a city people come cool stuff gets build
but then after a halfyear some go on breaks and the active players at the moment get pushed further and further away from the center this can be solved by running a nice metro style hub to get people around
but what cant be solved is the city center activity
beyond the hub the towncenter foottrafic drops and keeps dropping

i think to solve this is to let us have tools to create simple interactive stuff in our homes so even when we offline our on a break it can still be entertaining to visit (beside nice to look at)

and im talking simple fun stuff
like blocks to create your own minigames
tools to turn your build into its own rpg story
tools to create puzzles and tools to solve them

just invent something to make our houses and builds more INTERACTIVE (dont tell me to build shops lol)

old city syndrome is a serious disease affecting mayor citycenter’s and it will only get worse
the only people with the cure are the dev’s
you can fight back for sure but a cure would be way better

if you got some cool simple stuff to make your house more fun and interactive share it here please

sugestions

find a code visit cool room

spin a wheel get a gift

push button blocks in a correct order to light up a tree

little interactive items and puzzlemaking tools to make it more fun to visit our builds

tools to create more story to a build and to make it way more fun to visit our builds
with stuff like that our builds can tell a story
our be a fun little game on its own

imagine how fun it would be to just have presure plates and disappearing blocks you add our imagination its enough to do cool stuff

atm there not much more then visiting shopping and looking to do atm i need more toys to make em more fun

permission

these interactive blocks/items just ignore beacon permission and can be interacted with at all times

5 Likes

Problem is.
Its going to be still beaconed.
You cabnot give the whole playerbase access to things. I mean whats good if its just between your guild.

but you can do this with new interactive stuff
its not like storage its for example

find a code visit cool room

spin a wheel get a gift

push button blocks in a correct order to light up a tree

little interactive items and puzzles to make it more fun to visit our builds

EDIT:imagine how fun it would be to just have presure plates and disappearing blocks you add our imagination its enough to do cool stuff

3 Likes

Push face of moebius -> drop him in the ocean

Yes i would like that

1 Like

that made me think about traps lol
could be a concern but you can make em wright now aswell so maybe not :smile:
if you ever in a ancient temple dont push my face :rofl:

Does your face look like this whilst at the temple

2 Likes

I have always wished for a “PUBLIC” beacon permission.

Automatically allow others to use machines and such but deny them from breaking or adding blocks.

4 Likes

I’m doing something to alleviate this with the ‘new anvil’ project here - TO ALL! Anvil Revitalization Project has sites available

I can explain the guildsetup if you ask in that thread.

Basically these plots aren’t truely ‘owned’ by the person building on them, there is an AFK timer of 6-9 months that I place on them. If they go belly up I stick all their stuff in storage and let someone else have the plot.

No takers on the new anvil project so far.

That is a lot of trust to put possibly high value items into. You could remove an entire workshop of coils, machines and storage and there is nothing the other player could do.

That might be why there are no takers. Players may not know you well enough to have reached that level of trust.

Yes, I’m concerned that’s one of the reasons I don’t have any takers. That and it’s in the middle of BFE currently and my attempt at a ‘portal hub’ is almost laughable :smiley:

Only time and more work will overcome that. Which I’m willing to do.

Maybe a system like renting plots.
But the logistics sounds more complicated as I think about it. Urgh.

I mean, you’d need a special beacon to be placed inside another beacon, and two new scrolls of plotting.
Then you setup which zones inside your beacon could be rented by someone else.
You configure the options to say if the tenant can remove/add blocks, or only interact with objects.
And you put a base price.

The would-be tenant comes, pays the base price once, and from then on, half the footfall and 10% of item sales goes to the owner of the original beacon.

The owner would have the last word in case the tenant is to be evicted, and he keeps all the items inside? That would lead to obvious problems with bad owners, I guess?

Still, that way, the original owner gets to create a city with a unified style, and leaves other players to sell things in it. The owner can go on a break, but if renting-beacons have been placed, things are fine!
The owner could also stack two different Renting-beacons above each-other, if the city is more vertical and has various levels.

I dunno… might sound too crazy.

getting bit off topic my suggestion has nothing to do with permissions the interactive blocks i want are just always interactive they need no input just placing them
is enough they interact with eachother and anybody using it wherever they are build

Just build by yourself. The city centre can always stay active. And be changed whenever you like to keep things looking fresh and new. I’ve only got 3 people in my city. And I wish I didn’t let the one person build here cause they are inactive now. I hope they come back. But they have half a year of gleam club so i’ll Be waiting along time before I can get the plots back.

i use same system sorta at our new mall
you can renew the people but there builds are still just usefull to the owner himself
also ya cant make all builds factory’s and groupsystem’s
i made this suggestion to make them more fun
via puzzles and hidden doors
tools to create more story to a build and to make it way more fun to visit our builds
with stuff like that our builds can tell a story
our be a fun little game on its own

i build everywhere by myself in towns on farms
made this post not for my city’s but for all the city’s in the past ive seen and atm there not much more then visiting shopping and looking to do atm i need more toys to make em more fun :smiley:

2 Likes

This goes along basically with a pitch I did that @Havok40k had pushed about having interaction blocks for Dungeons and other player interactions. We need functional tools like this … even basic ones.

3 Likes