TO ALL! Anvil Revitalization Project has sites available

Hi! So, because most of Anvil (on Seginiakai - US West Tier 2 Lush World) has left or taken extended absences I’ve decided to launch a revitalization project to bring more active players to the city. Specifically the areas around my house that aren’t already occupied - to the East-Northeast of the Anvil Grand Promenade (city center park and Aridhol’s workshop).

I’m looking for people who want to live/work in Anvil and chat. So storage houses, workshops, and farms are all fine. As are grand art projects.

I’m doing something curious with guilds in relation to these plots (until the devs slap my hand :smiley: ). I don’t want permanently inactive players to stick around with gleam club properties, or for them to decay and revert to whoever pillages them first. To that end I’ve plotted 5 areas, each under a different guild with only one member. I will invite one person (the ‘owner’ of that plot, selected by me from any applicants) to that guild and give them executive permissions. Then they will ‘own’ that plot for as long as they play the game.

Since I technically own these properties this comes with some benefits - I have 3 years gleam club paid and have no money problems, which will fuel the beacon indefinitely. I will need to plot up/down if you intend to build up/down, and am willing to do so to any extent you wish, for free.

Footfall is owned by the guild - which I will not collect. As the only other guild member, and with executive permissions (unless you leave the guild or invite someone else in - this is your prerogative) you can collect the footfall to the guild then pay yourself all of it using guild commands, or whatever you want. I will log in at least monthly with the guild manager character and visit all beacons managed by that character, to keep footfall income ‘fresh’. GuildManager will likely be needed regularly to add plots, so in practice this will occur more frequently.

The only requirement to keep ownership of the property is that you build something on it inside 3 months, and that you log in at least once every 6 months. If I haven’t seen you for 6 months I’ll post signs all over your place and if you don’t take them down in the next 3 months I’ll consider you to have quit and reassign your property.

These plots are on the larger side, and I can sub-divide them as you wish. One has been taken and the other 4 are in the E-NE of Anvil on Seginiakai, around ‘atlas world’ and my son and wife’s houses. Yes, the 4 year old made a horrible eyesore, please bear with me as we fill his head full of mine-craft architectural knowledge instead of useless things like grammar and US history :smiley:

Once they are gone or almost I will plot more areas further out and use this same system.

The plots are displaying guild tags “Anvl+1” to “Anvl+5” and beacons are named “Available property 2” to 5.

I can be reached on discord as Xira, and am fairly active throughout the day in bits and pieces (working for yourself does wonders for your game time!). I am currently in ICON, forgemasters, and ultima guild chats. I am a member of Ultima and Forgemasters guilds and ULT is primary guild. I have a nice shop on Eresho and Anvil called “Atlas World” and have fully mapped literally all planets in the game, except Imadaari, because f- Imadaari.

2 Likes

So…it’s been a couple of days and no one has seemed interested at all. Is it the location? Is Anvil just a lost cause? Or do I need to sell it more? Or is it the weird thing I’m doing with guilds and people just want to plot their own stuff plz?

Not sure. We had a bunch of newer folks move in over near us at the exodus, but they seem to be far enough away to want their own space. So there are definitely new folks on planet, but I haven’t seen more than your dot over near Anvil the past week or so.

I think this is a great idea!!! I like how the person has control of everything except the plots!!! Which is fine by me cause that is a guarantee that atleast one of my many builds will still be around if something happens to me and I can’t get back in game!!

My guess the reasons why people aren’t buying up this idea is maybe cause they’re already settled on plots within their guild cities, don’t want the travel distance to those plots, and maybe cause everything they may need in the near future is already next to where they’re located? I’m not sure what the reason is. I have plots and builds scattered all over the place haha.

Hopefully some of those reasons can give you an idea on what the cause may be, and/or what can be done to draw in a crowd? Nearby portal hubs seem to draw in the players.

1 Like

Ugh, yea I need to make a portal hub I guess…Just hate the idea of having to fuel it.

Definitely time consuming!

Most the current players do not know what anvil was or is. Very few left from the beginning.

I <3 you too Orrian.

Lol thanks snuggles

I still have houses in Anvil! I remember the glory that anvil once was

Do you suppose if I built storage and workshops and rented them out with worker permissions to promising new players that would attract people?

It might. I’m sure some new players would like it. But there will still be those that want to do everything on their own.

Maybe nick would be down to help with it too

If you keep tossing it up and post some pictures it would probably help. Anvil is a nice looking city.

2 Likes

I believe your thought that you have to have access to one of the portal networks is correct. Especially new players do not have the skills to open their own portals, but they still want to be able to get to other planets easily.

Dont necessarily need to fuel a whole network - a few 1x2 to a half dozen major hubs would probably work fine.

1 Like

So a portal hub was suggested, so a portal hub was made. This is my first pass at a (small) portal hub, minus a couple hundred black marble for the floor.

Opinions?

2 Likes

@xira1979
Anvil was the first big city i explored when i started boundless. Used to make all my coin there and even remember well your atlas shop!
There any room in anvil for a longish time player to put a house there? Im a daily player kinda guy to id be extremely active :grinning:
Would be happy to build, donate, anything of use to your project here. I miss anvil sometimes :confused:

Lol can i build next to nick? Or does hes place regened also

Nick’s still there and even logs on regularly right now. He’s active duty military and is due to ship out at some point I think? His place certainly hasn’t regened, IIRC it was about to and someone bought him some GC via devs.

Oh hey sure, we’d welcome you with open arms! Just pick a plot in the area to build on or I can show you what’s available.