The gulf of dunces

Between this and Dexter, I don’t know why americans focused on cheese… < shrug >
Everybody knows we’re all about wines. Oh, yeah, also snails and frogs! Je ne sais quoi sacrebleu aurevoir !

@anon52719744
I grew up in a small village and its school was pretty much like the picture you shared. Gives me chilling memories.
The old wooden desks you could open to put things in, the old black-board… < shivers >
Back when the teacher was allowed to smoke in the class room, and the sand we played in during recess was filled with his dog’s poops. His desk was in the back of the room, and at noon, we had to stay in class until about 12:30, so he had time to eat baguette-sized sandwiches behind us while we had tests to fill-out.

1 Like

Wow this place looks amazing, such detail. Sign me up for class :smile:

1 Like

@Goblinounours
Exellent! Merci pour ton partage visuel et nostalgique. Même si je suis de 80, j’ai eu la chance de côtoyer en primaire une très belle école à Lyon. Mobilier en bois, bureaux avec encriers, tableau avec craie et les grandes fenêtres avec de lourds rideaux verts sombre. Sans oublier la cour de récréation avec ses vieux platanes et le préau et ses pisotieres.
Après ça été les années 90 dans des établissements refaits et sans âme. Pour les clichés des français ça pourrait être pire. Tout tourne autour de la bouffe, arf ! :sweat_smile:

Exellent! Thank you for your visual and nostalgic sharing. Even if I am 80, I had the chance to rub elbows in a very nice school in Lyon. Wooden furniture, desks with inkwells, chalk board and large windows with heavy dark green curtains. Not to mention the playground with its old plane trees and the playground and its watercloseds.
After that was the 90s in redone and soulless establishments. For clichés of the French it could be worse. Everything revolves around food, arf!

1 Like

Go when you want, my door is open :frog::cherry_blossom:

1 Like

(as much as it’s cool to see fellow french mate, since it’s an english-speaking community, I’ll stick to english, you’ll understand :wink: )
I also do indeed remember the lifeless schools I went to, where the teachers seemed to have abandonned all their hopes and dreams. XD
I was lucky enough to have been to a private school for gifted childs in Tours when I was a teen. That allowed me to avoid losing too much of myself in prison-like schools.
I had friends in the first old school I mentioned who went to actual hell-hole-schools while I was in the private one. Two became burglars, and one became a drug-dealer and was involved in a murder in my home-town.
I’ll stand 100% by the statement that they would’ve ended differently if they went to nice schools where teachers are trained to be nice and loving and all that.
So yeah. Schools in France are nice. < cough >

ANYWAY, the build with the french flag looks awesome, and I might use the idea of the fish-scale mosaic to make roads. It’s pretty awesome looking. :wink:

1 Like

Woah this escalated quickly :joy:.

1 Like

(I translated my last post for English speakers ^^) Yes indeed the quality of education in public schools has collapsed in recent decades. There I do not account anymore given that I have no children (I am the eternal child). Enjoy yourself with the fish-scales! :+1:

2 Likes

It’s folkloric …:rofl:

2 Likes

Though, be careful with that, you basically said you were 80 years old instead of being born in the 80s. :rofl:

3 Likes

J’adore !!! :sweat_smile::joy::rofl:

2 Likes

nothing wrong with being 80 - beautiful age!! true Senioort Citizen :sunglasses::wink::grin:

2 Likes

I am well preserved for my age🧛‍♂️

1 Like

I’m Dutch and speak French to my Spanish gf so people think I’m Spanish trying to speak French my gf calls it franjollo lol

3 Likes

It’s cute / mignon :blossom:

Id call you Moebiusito :joy::joy::joy:.