The "Los Mancos" situation on Arie

I think that Los Mancos was the aggressor in this situation and glad a dev responded to fix the situation.

I also think that a lot of your actions are provoking them and probably explain why they haven’t left you alone yet. Posting bright red eviction notices, or signs which taunt them, or even this post on the forums which has no actual support request in it show that you are not as innocent in all this as you think you are.

Trolls are incredibly simple-minded. All they do is one thing over and over - whatever they think will annoy you the most. If you ignore them they will continue to escalate their annoyances until they break a rule. At that point you can quietly report them and you “win”. That’s all there is to it.

Ignore them, let them throw bigger and bigger tantrums as they don’t get the attention they crave from you, then report and move on.

More of a reason for me to wait for a rental world before I build my own city and hope to god there are some world permissions I can set to prevent this sort of behavior from ever happening.

I can’t recall how many times I’ve had this problem on modded Minecraft servers. The general principle I’ve experienced there is to build far away from other people. It’s why I refuse to build anything significant in Boundless at the moment.

Not everyone cares about giving other people personal space in a video game. It’s like all kind of manner gets thrown out the window and all the stupid floods right in.

1 Like

Well, my support request was to ask for someone from Wonderstruck to help us remove that offending beacon inside our own settlement.
The thing is, James told us he would post something on the forums and would come back to me via e-mail in the following hour or so after he came. Sadly, it was about 17 hours ago and the situation is still going on.
We reported them several times over the past month using the in-game feature and nothing happened.

It’s easy to say “let them troll”, but when they strip you of your settlement name, call you Hippies, and are starting to make some players among your settlement think that they should move to another world, you can’t just quietly wait for the report to do something for ever.

Not gonna lie… I found this really funny.

3 Likes

Evidently being the viceroy on Arie is a big freaking deal to a lot of people. :sleeping:

1 Like

This is the same thought that brought me to write most of my first thread early December :

https://forum.playboundless.com/t/feedback-after-a-few-weeks/22791/25

Overall, I think that it’s the Prestige system which is at fault.
By creating this ‘ladder’ or ranks to climb amongst the players of a world, thus rewarding the top player with that ViceRoy title, it inevitably brings forth that kind of mentality where some players feel like they have to be the one, leading to create a sense of competitivity which can be quite unhealthy inside the community.

This competitivity leads to situations like ours, where players will also try to absorb other smaller settlements to add that smaller settlement’s prestige to their own, even if it means killing off the settlement, driving people away from a world (like what was about to happen to my settlement before I took a stand!).

Saddly, this also limits creativity, as you will then see a lot of huuuuuge stackings of refined gleam/stones or machined alloys, just sitting there to increase prestige.
That what pretty much ALL the Portal Seekers Hubs are made of, which might be a total deal-breaker for people when you see that it’s NOT at all the type of things you’d expect after watching the official trailer featuring Nyuudles’ awesome build.
I don’t pretend to have ‘greeeeeat taste’ or anything, but objectively, you can’t tell me that what people like our spanish neighbors are doing is pretty or even original when you’re there, walking in the middle of their street. Which also brings me to the notion that we don’t want them to build that kind of thing close enough to us that it actually absorbs us.

To go back to the whole ladder of Prestige, even inside our own settlement, it makes no sense.
Our warden has no real desire to be our Warden. He just stacked prestigious blocks underground for the fun of making Prestige. Why does he have to be our Warden, instead of having a system that allows us to vote for our Warden? Then, we could have the person who’s actually the moral leader of the settlement be the actual warden, without being the top 1 Prestige player amongst us (and in case you’re wondering, I’m neither the top 1 Prestige player in our settlement, nor am I our moral leader).

I can tell you, without a single shred of doubt, that the game would be more healthy without the entire Prestige system.

3 Likes

Because then it comes down to who is more popular, not who has a “nicer” build. I use quotes for nicer because who’s to say what nice is? Maybe I like skyscrapers (I don’t, but I’m just saying).

It also makes it so that the biggest group could be viceroy of every planet. They go, build something stupid, then have all of their friends vote for one of them. Boom. Your settlement just got taken over anyway, and this time they didn’t even have to build ANYTHING.

Voting is not the answer. I still support the prestige system, even if it isn’t perfect.

When talking about voting, I was not talking about ViceRoy. I was talking about the Warden title inside a single settlement. :wink:

1 Like

The same thing still applies. They come to your town, make a hut, and then vote. Now they are warden.

1 Like

Alright, good point. :sweat_smile:

I think the Guild update will fix the problem of the Warden title for sure. At least I hope… ^^’
Right?
Surely the Guild update has a way for our moral leader to be recognized as such.
I guess she will make the Guild control thingy and we will have to option to ask to be added to her guild, like in any MMORPG game (like World of Warcraft and such).

Ab-sofreakin-lutely.
Shout this from the prestigious towertops.

Ive been saying this as long as i can remember.
The prestige system is not healthy for community interactions and imo is completely broken.
It encourages piles of refined blocks and punishes builds that use natural or organic looking blocks that actually look nice…
Its not just a block value rebalance that we need, the entire system should be looked at… the guild update will help but still.

3 Likes

At one point, I don’t even think that we need the Prestige system at all.
To me, the Capital city is where the Portal Seeker Hub is. This is where I’ll go to find things.

You look at a game like Creativerse, on the public world my friends and I came from, we don’t have that kind of Prestige system. We just gain reputation for making cool-looking builds (no system implied at all, just people talking among themselves). That’s how my build there became the spawn-point of our server, because everybody liked it and we discussed on a forum about making it our spawn-point. On that topic, CV is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more healthy than Boundless.
What made us move to Boundless was the optimization of the game, how it doesn’t lag, how there’s basically no loading time, how the world regenerates where it’s not plotted… but in the end, that’s about it… :worried:

1 Like

I think this article will be removed by devs soon, because of couple names mention in here.
So i want to say something to you before this article delete by them.

Don’t give up when you just experienced this kind of situation.
I know the feeling that being forced into prestige fight.
That feeling sucks.

Not a lot of solutions for you.

1. waiting to the guild patch (i believe its about to release soon)
  2. Move to the other friendly planet to restart again.
    (but i think this is kind of impossible due to your current city size.)
  3. give up a few edge plots to prevent the connection and plot most area in center of your city.
  4. Hire some new members who is interesting to boost city prestige.
    (Its hard, but when you have this kind of players in your team, at least you don’t need to worry about it anymore)
  5. give up the town identity or involve to the prestige war and win.

I know when you experienced this kind of situation is really hopeless especially when your enemy build prestige really fast. To be honest not thing much you can do now due to current prestige system.

I see that with money you buy everything, we have not done more than expand, there was nothing built and your fitness was not there, you have been trolling putting plots so that we do not expand more, part of the game is yours Mimsdo child who asks you for an area and not plot it, but if you decide it is for you and nobody can build and convince the developers to delete the plots of my friend, however you surround them with plots to expand something that is forbidden in it and yet they erase us and not you, one of two or you have pagadp or some developer is your friend, this is undeniable if it happens again I intend to denounce you, I will continue to expand, the game allows you to expand and conquer other settlements, put it on the official page of the game, but as not being neighbors of hello games this is a scam solp those who have dinerp get away with it, because how it goes so everyone asks what they want, well I ask ari e and I’m going to expand, I’ll try not to hit anyone but we go as much as we can

While I would be willing myself to help with somthing like that, I somehow dont think they want giant slabs of blocks poping up in their town just for the sake of pristigue, and its quite time consuming to dig a big enough hole to fill it with blocks.

There’s nothing stopping you from expanding, yes, but why not have a little common courtesy and think “oh gee, maybe this other person doesn’t want to be absorbed”?

What I don’t understand about the people that want to be the viceroy/have the capital city is that they just making one thing have more than the top person in all the other settlements and just connect everyone to “win”. Why not actually put effort in building your town like everyone else did and get there the legitimate way. That way we can still have separate towns.

3 Likes

then tell me why they sell a game which the pvp you have is the conquest of other settlements and when you conquer them after you have bought the game, that is called a scam, sell something that is not, please read the official page and the description of the game. game, I do not care if you ask for places, if you do not plot it anyone can build and neither you nor anyone can throw, do not unite settlements but if I build in other settlements and can rise in prestige and so I can conquer other settlements, complying with the rules of the game can not erase me, I do not ask for places if I did I would reserve it with plots so that something like this would not happen, the game without limits if you have limits and free world is for only the friends of the developers that can book without even plot them.

I’ll try to write an answer to your… uh… post. Some parts I don’t understand, though.

Our settlement was here before yours, so too was the stone canal connecting my house to the river.
The people from your settlement came in 3 occasions to plot against me without our consent because “the game allowed you to do so”.

You can’t say there was nothing there since you actually were the ones who plotted against my canal and absorbed our settlement in the process.

You can’t tell me I am the one trolling when you made a beacon called “YOU LOSE” inside the perimeter of our settlement, and renamed it after @james came, in a way to say “we’re staying here just to mess with you”.

I bought plots to prevent you from expanding right next to us without our consent, yes, I admit it. Didn’t you buy plots to make your “YOU LOSE” beacon too? I remember some of you yelling that on the in-game chat.

As for James, the developer from Wonderstruck, if you think we bought him or if you think he is our friend, well, no. Just no.

Most of the people from the Los Mancos settlement I met seem to have that mindset of wanting to expand at the cost of ruining other smaller settlement. If you think that’s a good way to play the game, you will be quite displeased, I’m sure of it.

As for the game having a notion of PvP where you have to absorb other players’ settlements… I’m pretty sure that this is just plain wrong.

Maybe because there is no PvP whatsoever, and only the player made concept of “I must have my name display when people enter the world”?

Noone is asking for “places” or for reservations to certain spaces. Hes literally just asking you to be considerate, which is apparently too much to ask for - if you see a settlement maybe expand in the opposite direction if your only intent is to absorb them and not use the land

1 Like

Yea we don’t have pvp yet. And I wouldn’t really consider i have the bigger “d” pvp.

2 Likes