The Oortian Empire

“Ahh, the Oortians, you say?”, Pharoh asked with a glisten in his eyes, remembering his discovery of the pyraminds, studying them and spending time recreating similar structures based upon the Oortian remains. He looks back towards me with a raised brow, “What in the name of the gods makes you so curious about them, Zevaryian?” I shook my head, looking to the ground lost in though. “They’ve left such an impact amongst these worlds, yet we know so little… I can’t help but wonder, who were they?” I was taken back by Pharoh’s sudden laughter, “We know more than you might think, young explorer. Why do you think we’ve been able to utilize what’s left of their mysterious technology? I can’t help but wonder what it was that caused you to question our records on the Oortion Empire, though I’m sure it must have been something spectacular…” With Pharoh’s pause, I looked down into my satchel, at the Orb of Vitality I had found while searching some ruins on a distant planet with my friend, Gunth. “I don’t know… I suppose in a way, you could say they spoke to me?” Pharoh’s smile faded quickly… "It seems that would be the case, wouldn’t it?.. Well, since you must know, they had a very structured civilization, with many social caches. Starting from the bottom? I suppose that would have to be… The gatherer’s? Now, don’t misunderstand, they weren’t necessarily regarded as being ‘lower’ than others, as they had much respect for going into the wild, cataloging the creatures and resources of the worlds, and that, my young explorer, in of itself was one the most important roles one could play. Who else would know where to find the things they needed to continuously grow as they had? Then there were the cooks and farmers, who often worked hand in hand. How could a cook be a cook with no food being farmed? Wildstock were the choice cattle in their times. Though the centuries of wandering through a destroyed empire has made them once more wild, maybe even more wild than when they had been domesticated. So much so, that we have yet to understand how to domesticate them once more. As for the vegetables and fruits? Ahh, a good earthyam stew recipe has been found amongst the ruins of a few kitchens within the ruins of the Oortian civilization. Though the earthyam was just one of the vegatables they had used in cooking, the starberry was used often for a sweetener in their mostly hearty meals. Little else is known about the Oortian use of flora and fauna alike… " Pharoh rambled on. I looked to him with a curious eye, “But is all we know about the Oortians have to do with the most basic of social caches?” Pharoh once more let out a deep and loud laughter, “Of course not… The Class above the cooks and farmers, were one of the most revered. The Crafters. Many kinds of crafters there were. Some specializing in the use of the mysterious Centraforge, others in crafting the finest tools, and gear, as well as technological advances, such as the useful grapple I see you have set upon your belt… You see, Zevaryian, all the things we use, that we create, are based upon these Oortian’s skills. And without the crafters, the hunters of the empire would’ve never been able to do their job. The hunters did much, much more than take on the most strong and feral of creatures, but they defending the entirety of their civilization. Every town, settlement, and stronghold had it’s own hunters to defend their lands, from creatures and enemy armies alike. Then there were the Elite. The hunters who had proven themselves to have such skill, that even Titans for a while had fear. Though it’s only speculation, some believe that the titans were solely responsible for the disappearance of the once great Oortian Empire…” Before Pharoh continued, I interrupted upon impulse, “They surely had a part! I’ve seen it!” Pharoh took a step back, with a confused and stunned look covering his face… “How? How could you’ve seen such a thing?” And just as he asked, the Orb began to glow, much like it did back in the ruins, and before I could reach into my pack for it, once more, everything faded to black…

This is just a little more fan fiction to hopefully explain a little of what I imagined the Oortian’s to have had their civilizations structured like, so please, don’t be afraid to post any thoughts or suggestions down below :smiley:

2 Likes

Great lore and story. I am building a library for the black light community and would love to add it. Would that be okay. I will be sure to credit you of course.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Absolutely :smiley:

1 Like

We should meet up some time and talk more in game, I’d love to see the library as well as Blacklight :grinning: