The Oortians do a lot crafting. Why haven't they found a way to uncraft an item to get materials back?

been there done that :laughing:

although there is the transformation chisel at least to help here (it won’t help in all cases of course - I crafted bunch of black wooden trapdoors once, instead of doors; no way out of that one :joy:)

5 Likes

Done similar to that one before.

Another one I do often is having the materials in my inventory and crafting something and coming back only to realize it’s a different color due to the fact I didn’t pay attention to the machine inventory. I’ve done this most commonly with refined gleam and glass.

2 Likes

plenty of that on my list of crafter’s sins :man_facepalming:

I got to a stage of having a habit of checking the machine slots now - so that mistake hasn’t happened for a while.

1 Like

You call it cancel button when you hit your macrokey?

No its called cancel i dont think u can mass cancel using a macro key, for mass crafting its a different story then a macro key is a win
And buugi im just wondering what has a macro key to do with it lol

so you made a heap of windows with black planter boxes for a while? :slight_smile: I didn’t know you could use a transformation chisel to go between dec 1 and dec 2 stones. That would have saved me a lot of time lol.

1 Like

No, you can use a transformation chisel to go from metamorphic to igneous to sedimentary. Or something like that. I don’t remember the order they go in. :beers:

You cannot switch between tiers.

I have a bunch of doors that wish to be trapdoors, btw. Those are so close together it is hard to keep them straight.

1 Like

yeah, it’s actually limited to switching between sedi/meta/igneous of dec 1 or 2 but not between deco 1 and deco 2 of the same rock type (as @CleoStJames mentioned)
so, my comment wasn’t correct there - some mistakes can be helped with transform but not this one

1 Like