The Public Factory (closed grabbed by other player :( )

I have seen with my own two eyes 2 people… and thats 2 too many… I am all for beacons expiring and people salvaging… I do it all the time… AT KEYBOARD…

The is zero issue with beacon fuel in my eyes its very easy to make and lasts a long time!!!

The Only possible issue I have in this realm of the game is anyone attempting to afk claim via the beacon tool spam tactic… Thats just lame in my opinion… but its not against the rules. So they are welcome to continue to do it… No skin off my back… but I would like to see a simple fix like durability for a beacon tool put in to keep it from happening…

So if the beacon fuel is easy to make so that the beacon has fuel for months at a time, then again that goes back to the point it’s on the player who owns the build to manage it and keep things fueled up.

Even with durability on the Beacon Plotter, you aren’t going going to stop people who afk plot claim. I am telling you this now, it will not stop it. Nor will stamina drain. You aren’t going to stop it. If someone wants to do it, they will. And they’ll claim stuff. Even 100 durability means nothing. That can easily be bypassed with a macro auto clicker.

The real funny thing I keep thinking about is how Moebius even said it’s his own fault for letting this happen. That his factory was grabbed up by someone else. So ultimately, it isn’t even an issue or problem to begin with.

1 Like

And then macro auto clickers are a violation of the rules and in those cases we can ban… But for non third party old fashioned rubber band over a mouse that type of thing needs a game mechanic to prevent… You will never prevent the 3rd party macro’s but you can catch them from time to time and issue the corresponding ban hammer that goes along with it…

Basically to summarize…

Salvaging is perfectly legit when at keyboard…

Low tech stuff like a battery on a key or rubberband on a mouse should NOT be illegal…
-Dev’s should be able to put game mechanics in place for this…

High Tech stuff like Macros, scripts, bots, auto clickers and other various 3rd party programs are cheating! And thus ban-able…

Eliminate the Low Tech, Maintain vigilance for the high tech… and it all sorts itself out…

1 Like

We shall see how this all plays out well after 1.0 comes out. :slight_smile:

@Stretchious can ya ban my post to the archives

1 Like

When game mechanics are used so that people who are not playing can easily make money taking people’s items (and beating any actual players that are present) then it’s time to change the game mechanic. AFK activity is called a cheat. AFK activity needs stopped by changing the game mechanics to make it impossible. Durability,stamina and lack of an ability to stack plotters are all simply game mechanics so you shouldn’t have any problem with game mechanics making auto claiming impossible. You love game mechanics!

If people are so creative then they should mine and gather then use the results to make some amazingly creative builds. This is a game primarily about actively building. It was never intended to be a game about computers running and doing things with no player present.

1 Like

Yes I did try to save the shop by holding down the mouse key it was the first and only time I have tried this and realizing I was wrong in doing this it is not the right way to go about getting the spot I took down my beacon and stopped unlike others that kept doing it and took it 3 or 4 days later. You can blame it on me if you want but I did stop so ah ya. My alts are groot and hachetwound so as you can see I’m not the one blocking or do anything to his stuff. Just so you know and ty

3 Likes

You did nothing wrong. It would make you a super nice guy if you gave it back but I think you have no obligation to do so. If it were me and I was being treated as you are here I wouldn’t give back ■■■■! You catch more flies with honey.

If people are claiming plots beside you and walling up your stuff, please post screenshots and some description.

The following is listed under “you may not” in the boundless EULA:

I would categorize walling up your entrances as basically all of this other than threaten.

An eye for an eye leaves the world blind…

5 Likes