The raxxian sanctuary project!

Ok got it np :wink: still sign me up ill work with the given ā€œparametersā€ :grin: just wondering and asking questions. (Understood the owner ship and reason why at times its a huge plot mess if one as city has little to none control over itā€™s main structureā€™s was just in case for saving some plots that i said it in the first place :wink:).

Ill come by this week and start generating ideas :wink:.

2 Likes

All good bro! I got enough plots free 30k free (ish) so the plots are not the issue, its the beacons I will struggle with at some point lol since the limit is 250

Iā€™ll start making spots within the next few days

2 Likes

Very understandable :wink: (250 beacons part)

Iā€™ve never been the type to go through the screenshot thread and upvote every single thing that catches my eye, but this was one of the building projects thatā€™s been around for a long time and always looked consistently good, even when everyone was more limited in their choices of block types and block colors. You did much more with much less than many people whoā€™ve come and gone over the years.

:+1:

4 Likes

Awh thanks. Since my first post in 2018, I was a bit complaining about how Prestige was limiting playersā€™ creativity more than anything, pushing them to fill their builds with gems, oort, rift, umbris, blink, machined blocks, etc.

ā€œAll you care about is Prestige. This game deserves a better class of architecture. And weā€™re gonna give it to them.ā€

Iā€™ve started working on a room which will contain instructions to all the little tips and tricks I used to make the Raxxian Sanctuary in the first place. They seem super basic to me, but Iā€™ve realized itā€™s not as obvious to other players. Itā€™s in the portal hub of Thoralem (Malentirā€™s city) in Arajiel III (my creative world), in a place I called ā€œthe Codexā€. That way, people who wanna help HOST with his project will have some kind of user-manual.

5 Likes

So do we have a status update on this thing?

We are still in the final process of moving the old portal hub to the new location. Weā€™re basically waiting to move the last 3 portals we donā€™t own, right now.
HOST is making plans, dealing with beacons, plotting and mining A LOT to have ressources for members of the project to use, from what I gathered.

So I think HOST is a bit busy, and Iā€™m asking a lot of him when heā€™s around, stuff like ā€œwould you kindly plot here from mantle to sky-limit?ā€. :sweat_smile:

I havenā€™t asked to get myself involved in ā€˜the projectā€™ itself yet, but Iā€™ll try to help him out when our play-sessions coincide. The only true reason Iā€™m still there, really, is to make sure the overall design of the city stays as consistent and unified as possible (hence the Codex room I mentioned previously), even if that means compromising here and there.

What I can say is that if you want us to make you a portal at our new hub, that should be easily doable.

4 Likes

hey! :wave: :wave:
since goblin is busy on the area too and Iā€™m multitasking meanwhile, being in-game to help others
help myself with the current Exo, also working on the plot areas for the players to build on and of course real life with a baby drains my energy, I havenā€™t had much time to get everything done as i planned
but I will do my best to get the start off this week!, the goal I had was to plot the 50 within a given time (week) but it seems unrealistic with my current limited time, so i will do 1 by one and have them being build on so please bear with me this week as I will update the post later this week :+1: :relaxed:

6 Likes

I want to join your project so can you add me Iā€™d love to build something weird & wonderful :blush:

Sign me up I wanna build something weird & wonderful at your great city :heart:

My only big concern here is that Iā€™m big into Final Fantasy XIV right now, and I fear that I will turn into a pumpkin on 19 Nov when the clock strikes Endwalker:00pm.

If we can get started before that, it should be able to hold enough of my attention that I donā€™t space out.

5 Likes

me me me me me i want in

3 Likes

ill update the list in a bit,
also sorry the project has been delayed for a few weeks while i get everything ready and prepared, this is pretty tough with a baby lol and weird sleep schedules but tear & fear not! the project is at work, the longer it takes the better it shall be right? the project nor the sanctuary will go anywhere and will stay until servers close their doors!
i thank everyone for their patience and support :heart:

5 Likes

Donā€™t Stress yourself out Host-chan

2 Likes

ACTUALLY. If this doesnā€™t start within the week then Iā€™m afraid youā€™ll have to take me off of the list. The Final Fantasy XIV launch was delayed until 3 Dec but Iā€™m also going to have surgery done on 1 Dec and Iā€™m preparing for that in about a week. It looks like weā€™ve run out of time.

Obviously not meant to disparage you or make you feel bad here! Caring for a child takes priority over a grown adult playing with building blocksā€¦ But for practical reasons Iā€™ll have to withdraw from this for the foreseeable future.

1 Like

ooh! no worries, you can always do it at some later point, Iā€™m sorry for the delays :frowning:

3 Likes

Iā€™m sure that one of the guilds can sit Cookie for a day or two. :wink:

3 Likes

Hiya. If you need help gathering the building materials I would like to help.

So, is this still happening? Because Iā€™ve finished the main story for Final Fantasy XIV now, and Iā€™ve also healed from some surgery I had at the beginning of the month, and I see that there is room in my calendar once more.

3 Likes

Spoke with Host a few days ago, heā€™s really busy with IRL stuff.
Heā€™ll let you know when he has made progress, Iā€™m sure. :wink:
I myself have already left him a list of things to do in late November (plotting and such) and he has not been able to deal with it yet, so it will take some time, weā€™ll just have to be patient.

6 Likes