The Shop system is awful

It’s the third time this happened to me. So I am searching for specific items, planet to planet. I don’t know all the portals, so my main go to place is TNT. And while I am searching for item prices, I see some with ok prices, but 1500 - 2500m away. So I start walking that way, before testing most of the portals on that planet. When I get there, the item can’t be bought. Can anybody tell me why and why it is showing in the knowledge page? This happened 3 times so far, just today. Lost 1h trying to buy stuff, and not being able to do so. This is supper annoying and a total waste of my time. The game starts to become un enjoyable after spending more time taking unbuyable items.

6 Likes

If a shop stand that appears in search is hidden, locked, or otherwise inaccessible, it’s breaking the rules & should be reported. One of the devs will remove it or turn of it’s discovery.

Sometimes people forget to turn off discovery - the devs will check it out if you report it.
Menu > support > report beacon/place/etc

2 Likes

It could also be that bug that won’t let you buy something if it’s stacked with another similar item without a price.

5 Likes

Might be that bug. I mean in the menu it shows that the stack has items. And I don’t think it was intended by the player. I will report them in the future, maybe at least they can ungroup those items.

3 Likes

Yeah it’s annoying but an easy mistake to make : ) if they have a mailbox nearby, maybe just let them know. They may be unaware

2 Likes

Yep it happened to me once, I got angry messages for a shop I had bugged like that :’(

1 Like

I don’t understand why this bug can’t be fixed

3 Likes

I am guessing it is the lack of understanding about how much frustration this is causing.

1 Like

I thought the stack problem was corrected. I guess not :neutral_face:
When I come across those, I try to contact the shop owner. I don’t think they are aware it’s happening a lot of the time.

5 Likes

Yeah I haven’t come across it in a while, I forgot about it. It’s maddening though haha

I agree the person who did it is usually unaware most likely

I have done it myself by accident too

2 Likes

I traveled a long distance to get teaching pies and when i finally got there the shop stand was buried underground where you could not get to it i was a little mad about that

for now this work around my help a bit: if you see a good price far away from you and you are in a portal hub, try a few different portals to places on the same world, every time you go through a portal like that just quick look at the compass to see if you are closer to the desired shop;

if you can’t find a portal landing you way closer to the marked shop, it’s probably better if you don’t go there and try another world for good prices (I never go to shops that are farther than 1km, so if I cant get it below 1000m through trying different locations on the same world, I always just go to a different planet for search of the item I want to buy)

2 Likes

Yeah it’s the stack bug… that was present at launch. They haven’t fixed it yet, be a lot cooler if they did.

you can message a player directly without a letter box - just type @ and their name - like @wul

Tip for sellers - if you are in a mall or near a known hub (include that as part of beacon name) - it will help get buyers to your location.

Extra tip for sellers: separate items into individual groups of identical items. Just take the extra few seconds to separate yams from yams and rock types from each other. Saves headache for everyone and satisfies OCD! :joy:

I didn’t know about this bug, good thing I always separate my stoke when I put them in the stands. Good to know.

I think it was in one point… although could be if those stands are “older” than the fix it might be those stands have not been effected by it.

1 Like

I am even worse, I like to have nice 100 stacks of food/brews and with concrete full stacks of 900, I keep re-arranging items until it is like that!

That way I never had this happen to me!

Food is the worst tho, or one of the worst, so many different items can be stacked together so started doing as soon as I opened my shop and just kept doing it…

2 Likes