Shop Stand Smart Stack Stalemate Sadness

When adding a smart stack of mixed items to a shop stand, but not setting a price for all of the items inside, the stack cannot be interacted with by players attempting to buy the item that is supposed to be on offer.

Ran into this issue a few times. Players probably didn’t realize, since for the shop stand owner it doesn’t seem like anything is wrong.

Adding the stack:

Setting the price:

Everything seems fine:

But for a potential customer, it’s greyed out and can’t be interacted with:

Either it shouldn’t let you put mixed stacks in shop stands (automatically split item types), show you a warning that a price isn’t set and there is a mixed stack, or let customers shift-click (or controller equivalent) to “extract” the items actually for sale.

26 Likes

I gave you a heart for the title alone :clap:

3 Likes

Alliteration overload! Probably enough to rival the tongue twister ‘She sells seashells by the seashore’.

Aside from that, thanks for the description, I’ll pass this onto a designer to look at.

4 Likes

How much ground could a ground hog grind if a ground hog could grind ground?

Really, though, it is a problem with sorting in general. It is very intensive work just making sure there are no sorting errors.

1 Like

Anniversary post!

Still wasting my time today :exploding_head:

3 Likes

Oh man that drives me nuts… all you have to do is tab till you see the page that shows you what ■■■■ is in the stand and price it. I think it gets used sometimes to put a big haul of stuff somewhere and decide later whether to sell it.

It doesn’t look like a bait stand in this case probably just an honest mistake.

Still happens on a regular basis though.

Smart stacks can be opened and a sub-stack purchased when all items are priced. This seems to just be some sort of flag check that for some reason continues to go unaddressed.

1 Like

Ok yeah, I hear you (I’ve probably done this before esp when emptying pockets full of rocks) and agree some sort of beeep you have unpriced ■■■■ blocking access to stacks in your etc etc cold be useful.

2 Likes

Please please please this!

This is not fixed? 1 year ago? Seriously?
I spend a lot of time trying to find good prices and I run around a lot, but wasting 1h and not being able to buy 1 thing from 3 different shop frustrates me a lot. Boundless starts to become a running simulator.

2 Likes

Yup it is indeed a year old problem

@vdragon any updates on this? did the designer had a chance to look at it?

I think designer wrote the problem to a toilet paper and we know how toilet paper is these days

4 Likes

OH MY GOD, THIS IS WHAT THAT BUG WAS.

Yeah, this is still around, encountered it like a week ago.

It’s still in the bug database, but I don’t think there has been any update at this point.

3 Likes

Just in case ppl though this was not happening anymore

And can’t contact the owner.

Is that only when its different items or the same?

Basically when an item in a group dose not have a price. Can be when there are diffrent items, or different colours (if colour is set)

1 Like

Ah ok, I separate everything anyway and just wanted to check. Thanks man :slightly_smiling_face: