The silence is deafening, everything is on hold

Yikes. Well I have no idea what’s going on but you seem to be an expert in this. I’ll leave it to you to figure out.

No pressure.

lol I don’t know anything and I’m not an expert. I’ve only seen what has happened.

1 Like

I’m not a programmer so I don’t know. Though something has to be done. How is a community to function with this issue. It wasn’t in testing long enough in my opinion. Especially it being something that would be such a large impact on the way the plot system works. I mean farming was in testing longer then this and that wasn’t even nearly going to effect things on a scale plotting buffer would.

1 Like

I mean, Xaldafax and majorvex definitely raised concerns about this during testing, so it’s less of an issue of not being tested, and more of the devs (or whoever is in charge, or both) pushed it out and said they’d rather just deal with the repercussions on a case by case basis.

Hence the patch notes about being able to raise and lower priority for beacons if you’re a dev.

1 Like

A lot of people started saying it was looking really bad right before it went live. I don’t think we realized at first.

1 Like

Well we have one big case now lmao

images%20(2)

5 Likes

I’m putting everything on hold until something is worked out.

2 Likes

You and Xal definitely had good concerns 13 days ago lol. I’d say that was a good enough warning. Don’t sell yourself short. You both saw this coming.

6 Likes

Ha! Turns out this is incorrect! The CC plots are 2 deep and have my beacon’s plots on the outside, so I can still give out new Coin Converters plots. However, due to my sneaky “every one gets a plot of the path” like a footfall coop that might cause issues when reclaiming old plots…

Now wondering, depending on the dev’s solution, if I should stop that path plot thing and ask for the path plots back on the existing ones, that way I will not have issues at all there either…

Have to say tho, having a nice extra border around my settlement is actually kinda nice. And if I’ve missed a plot somewhere it’s now automatically reserved for me as well.

There has to be an elegant solution for the malls and settlements to handle this, easy beacon transfer will already help a bunch but not in situations where a beacon runs out of fuel.

Rentable beacons would also be a nice idea, ie. the beacon is set up by a market/mall/city builder as rentable, when someone wants to rent it, the perms will be all theirs, the original owner will have no perms there, but the beacon does remember who used to own it, so when it runs out of fuel (fuel in this case can actually be coin paid as rent!) it reverts back to the original owner instead.

With this, when paths and roads are older then the settlers’/shop owners’ beacons then empty spots that are reserved can then be plotted by the original builder on a new beacon and rented out to a new settler/shop owner.

Then there’s the issue of where malls changed ownership or where the paths are just more recently plotted then the oldest shops/houses. This might need to be manually changed per beacon by the devs since it shouldn’t occur too many times and once all have been changed it should be a very, very rare occurance…

Can anyone shoot holes into this???

@james Might this be a possible solution??

2 Likes

To late. They will no longer be the oldest plot. Unless you ask people to give it back, then unplot their shop, then plot it back.

They will be on a beacon that’s much older then their shop beacon tho… Am positive the date/time is checked on the beacon, not on a per plot basis…

Afraid not. the individual plots also matter.

So if I extended my plots before you did then I get the buffer even if your beacon was placed before mine. Other wise the first player on the planet would always have the oldest claim to every plot.

2 Likes

That’s not the case. The beacon age was only used to seed the data once for the update. From then on, only the plot age matters.

Otherwise you could remove every reserved area by snaking the planets oldest beacon towards the area.