The Solum Arcology

Hi everyone!

My friend and I have started to build a building and we need some help. We have started building on Solum and we have a general “city in a tower” theme that we are going with (beyond that we haven’t nailed down any thoughts). If you are interested please let me know.

5 Likes

lowkey something i’ve had in the back of my mind for a while, i think it’s a great idea. If i can get Boundless to run without crashing sometime soon I’ll come see it, and see if i can help at all! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

found these a while ago as inspiration; kinda doing the first now (not precise copy just general idea applied)
but I would really love to do sth like the latter - proper tower-city

8 Likes

yeaaaaahhhh yes, ArkeBound needs a new base of operations anyway!

1 Like

almost like batman base there - dark and mysterious

Oh hello Simcity 2000 Arcologies :smiley: lol

That was my first thought :stuck_out_tongue:

arcologies

4 Likes

That’s absolutely incredible. Would love to see it when it’s done.

1 Like

The bottom picture here is how I personally view the end result sort of looking (a whole bunch of different buildings mushed into one big building). The idea is people can build their shops/houses/inns/etc. but it all is connected to, and happens within, the same big tower. The end result will hopefully be a lot more unique and colourful though - with different people lending their own artistic touch.

1 Like

Glad to see so many positive replies! If anyone is interested in joining the fun let me know via pm and we can figure out how to get in touch and get you added to the beacons.

Alright!! I apologize to the few of you who showed interest in this project earlier and by virtue of that, I mean the few of you who I subsequently largely ignored. I started a new job recently and have been a little too busy with that and the rest of my life to actually get back onto the forums or interact with much anyone in-game. With that said however, I would like to hopefully stoke the embers of any potential continued or new interest with some work in progress screenshots.

First off though, I would like to make a shout-out to our first new citizen of tower-city, and creator of an amazing addition, @Rumplypigskin!! I won’t show any screenshots of what he’s done here (I’ll let him show off his work if he wishes), but I am impressed! Without much further preamble though, I’ll hit you with some quick shots of the work-in-progress.

I like to think it’s coming along, but as you can see, we are far from anything that could be truly called a city – tower, sure, but not city. In short, we still need people. If anyone wants to add their piece please come let me know and I’ll be more than happy to help get you set up!

6 Likes

Feel free to show off any of my work there. It’s not yet done though, I’ve been busy moving to my new place. I’ll return once I get everything situated which should be a day or so :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah I can definitely throw some screenshots of your building up there (and should since it’s a perfect example of what we are hoping to get in terms of adding other people to the tower), I have just also been quite busy lately with my new job (the training is fairly intense for what it is). But yeah I was hoping to get some more shots tonight and hopefully posted up here somewhere as some eye candy. Also as stated bored (and a few times) we would love to get anyone interested in joining the city set-up so they can build and build freely. So if anyone is interested, please send me a message or a reply and we can figure out where/how to meet up and get you set up.

1 Like

OMG I haven’t seen those images in YEARS. AHHHH I can already hear the sound fx!

1 Like

Just wanted to post some screenshots of some of the buildings on the building (plus a few more screenshots for fun)! This is both mine and @Rumplypigskin’s work so once again everyone, please both come check it out and add to the city!

5 Likes

Cities in mountains, mountainsides, and towers are some of my favorite to look at. I actually just finished a Stonehearth playthrough doing this.

Keep the pictures coming!