The very start of a large underground farm

Not even remotely close to being done.

3 Likes

I want to visit this! Any chance of that?

yes I have time now, if you want to take a look, i am connected to most of the main portal hubs.

let me know which one you want me to meet you at.

Well yeah, but have you noticed how you’ll get 0% crop yield and barely above 100% seed yield?
Pretty sure that means you’ll get 1 seed and no produce.

Unless I’ve completely misunderstood everything I’ve seen on testing. ^^’

it is a 10% chance of me getting two seeds, this part of the farm is for Seed Amplification, the self sustaining part of the farm, At a certent point, when the farm is large enough, that 10% chance while low, will add up, I can then take the excess seed and plant it in the part of the farm that is built for max corp yield, This part of the farm is not built yet.

The Farm haves space for about 50 rows, and only 3 of them are filled at this time.

2 Likes

Seems like a lot of work for a mere +10% in seed yield. To be honest, I was expecting better numbers when I planted those myself. I thought it would be like 50% crop yield and 150% seed yield or something.

This may be correct, But I will try it never the less, worst case situation, I will have a room full of a very very nice looking plant should I decide that it is not worth the effort and I stop running the farm,

Same here.
I mean, I came back from 1h of exo-world-exploration yesterday with 100 combustion seeds.
To me, that seems easier than farming for them. If I keep having this feeling, I won’t bother at all.

Some things need to be difficult or slower to obtain, otherwise we have an explosion of everything and it all becomes worthless.

Even with the values we have currently, I would expect a tipping point where the prices of all these new crops starts to bottom out as enough people will be harvesting them in large quantities.

Thank you for this. This is an excellent reminder that I have absolutely no clue where my undeground Goo farm is going to go… :smiley:

Kind of agree that a full 110% seed field doesn’t really appeal to me. For Combustion plants, I’m using a mixed setup to see how it’ll work instead of maximising seed, as I have been finding plenty of these in the wild anyway.

Honestly, as always, it will be all about who has the time and money to spend in having the best setup.
Who can afford to go on hunts often enough, who will pay to get extra plots, who can afford this, who can afford that. That’s the nerve of the game.
Some people are smart enough and go make their main shop in the Ultima City on Eresho, and I’ve heard the footfall for these is ridiculously high, which allows these people to buy all they need, etc etc.
You end-up seeing these people who could make statues the size of Big Ben out of Decorative Oortstones if they felt like it.

9 Rows, 432 plants per row, 3888 plants growing total at this time.
Will be doing at least 26 rows at some point.

I also decided that running a 0/110% yield would take much longer then I thought it would for farming seeds even with a large farm, This seems to be due to the fact the RNG factor of crops growing slows things down more then I thought it would.

about 75% of the crops are now at 80/100% yield
and the rest at 40/105% yield.

5 Likes

Mystery of the missing exotic earthyams finally solved! :joy::joy::joy::joy:

Not it’s not. That’s not yams! I need my glasses. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: