The world editor is great and all

I do enjoy playing with the world editor and choosing colours. It is interesting to see how different color combinations go together, and what you could end up with. It’s like a try before you buy feature.

But…

I do wish we had a few wore options for the world in general.

I would have liked to be able to alter the length of the day and night cycle. The way it is now. All planets have the same day and night lengths … I am sure on some universes the planets have different lengths of days.

I would have liked to have some weather choices. Maybe frequency of weather. Areas more affected. Or areas less affected.

Color of atmosphere. Maybe the pink sky doesn’t go well with your theme of greens and blues. Maybe you don’t want permanent dust storm planet with haze…

Biome sizes… some biomes seam to show up way more areas than others, or cover vast regions. Are Biomes sized to the region they are in? Honestly I never really thought about it until now…

Is anyone charting what biomes give increase in “X” resource? I sure hope so… maybe someone who has far more sovereigns than they probably should have, could graph that out… (We know you addicts are out there…)

What would you like to have seen added to this amazing update?

8 Likes

I assume someone has an inky farming planet

Can’t you make the whole planet one region?

1 Like

Not for a Sovereign. there are required amounts of biomes that must be picked. For creative I am not sure.

1 Like

my planet seems to have lots of rosetta nox, so I guess you could get quite a bit of inky leaves from it.

1 Like

Creative can choose any number of biomes and from any level(s). They only give you a recommendation when you’re selecting biomes based on your world size, in order to make them similar in proportion to regular worlds.

You could choose just one… or zero…?

You cannot choose zero. That was a problem with generating one of the worlds. You have to pick at least one biome.

Oh yeah, I remember now that someone accidentally did that during an early batch of planets.

I’m guessing that would look like the endless desert from back when they were testing Creative Mode?

It would be cool to have two dimmer suns as well. With offset intervals. So you get a good deal of morning/evening light the majority of the time but then sometimes get dark and super bright. Multidirectional shadows :heart_eyes:

Tbh I don’t think this is a sovereign world issue but a game wide graphical issue. The problem with trying to make weather effects work for everyone is the abundance of variance in hardware/software configurations amongst users. If they added an option to decrease and disable weather I think it would be a moot point.

I don’t see why not.

To be fair, you do have some input as to biome size weather you knew it or not. For example if a planet requires only 1 T4 biome and 5 T6 biomes but you select 10 T4 and 5 T6 you end up with large T5 biomes and small jumbled together T4 biomes.

If you keep the ratios similar like Luca suggested you should come out with a tiny biomes planet that are relatively consistent in size.

1 Like

Hmm. An all water planet with gleamballs floating around it, like tiny islands of glowing goodness…

I love this idea.

I don’t have a portal setup yet, but there is a planet orbiting Houchus called “:droplet::roughemerald::ocean:” that is exactly this.

1 Like

Ice planet Hoth syndrome. The same thing over and over and over again

1 Like

If it is full of Stardrop Flowers, Then I accept the Hoth like Planet with eager anticipation!

Sorry. Just dirt and dirt and dirt and dirt.