There will be a birthday event this year, right!

Eh the event just is lacking any meaningful content for me to get excited about.

Yay!

An event… don’t mean to be a party pooper (or do I?) but I really miss the rainbow shades that I had on my ps4 char…

otherwise… ill be loading up on dark candles for my newer builds

1 Like

Don’t want ppl to see my eyes lol

1 Like

The rainbow shades are a great look. They say “I’m full of dark secrets but I’m here to party!”

1 Like

Today is my Birthday @james chan can you spawn a exo with Mint Verdant Grass (Q.Q) please

4 Likes

OMG so much this. This case would be extra challenging though.

There never was a “full announcement” or description of this event, I think. They trickled things out over a couple of weeks. And not all on the forum at first as we had active community management and whatnot, at the time.

Did they actually run this event last year?

2 Likes

I think the only birthday event exclusive cosmetic is the cuttletrunk party hat, so at least that will be available :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah for a second I thought the event was the “exciting news in the coming weeks”, with maybe new items and stuff.

@ardele and @Goblinounours
Guess for myself, it is obviously different.
Being a new player, I haven’t done everything time and time again. I also don’t have everything in game to my heart’s content… Or want to waste what little coin I have on buying seasonal items from players that got to enjoy past events. That’s boring!
I rather experience it for myself and even be excited, even though that’s confusing for some.
I’m sure many where excited their first time and if not, at least for something that was a change of pace.
Not to mention just the excited of the Anniversary of the game itself that so many claim to love.
So being that new player “I am excited” regardless of if anyone else is. Majority can be all Eh… :sweat_smile:
Considering Events from what I know, weren’t even active last year… That should be a good sign!
No, it’s not the content so many talk about each day on this forum. But for myself, that’s a start!
The Anniversary Event dropping means they’re making events active again possibly.
Which could easily mean, because there IS more to come. Guess I rather have a positive outlook.
And ofc, again, being a new player I choose to have excitement for the game I have been falling in love with.

Community always talks about how “They need to keep new players and show new players what a good time Boundless is!” But one has genuine excited and some people are all be blah :joy:.

Oh well, I will have fun experiencing it for the first time, like I am sure many did, back when it was their first time.
And for me, it is a good sign, that some sort of activity is starting to pop up again. :+1::partying_face:

11 Likes

The cool thing (for me) about Boundless events is the exclusive crafting material for each one. You can honestly never really have “enough” since they’re used for crafting exclusive items and they don’t really lose their value.

Certainly no shame in being excited for a Boundless event; veteran player or not. I’m ready to go grab a ton of :gift::gift:!

7 Likes

I hope you have a blast, while you’re out n’ about, grabbing a ton of :gift::gift::gift::partying_face:!
I know I will be out there, enjoying every minute of it.:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Whoever told you this was incorrect. The events are automated for a while from what I remember or set up so they can run and are just allowed to. We have each of them last year and consistently for a while now. The only difference was no real new content of items and I think gleambow hasn’t happened in a while.

The goal during events should be to get all the item resources you can since you can craft the rewards at any time like @anon3411475 said.

I am pretty sure… It was at a time when I was busy with some stuff so might have missed it some. Last year many events were quiet because it was really only those of us that stuck with the game. I know it wasn’t easy getting things that required player interaction like Valentines day…

1 Like

Anyone who is excited for this event, GOOD ON YOU!!! I’ve done it once, I’m excited. Had I missed it, I’d be over the moon at the chance. You’re walking the right path, lol. Have tons of fun and if you have any questions or need any help with the event, holler, someone as excited as you with the answer will be along shortly :wink:

6 Likes

The event definitely did not occur last year. There was a big stink about it.

I guess I missed the stink… but the other events went on. Well I’m glad it is here this year.

Even “if” that info is correct…
It still doesn’t change the fact, that it’s my first and I am excited. And I will continue to be excited. :woman_shrugging:
I’m sorry it’s not new an exciting for some.
But either (as a new player) I can take the fact that the dev hasn’t delivered much that was promised, listen to all the negative feed back that some of the community has, and just cut my loss and quit.
But I rather choose to be excited and hope the game I am putting countless hours in each day and loving will come back to life. :woman_shrugging:(I’ve practically stopped playing all my thousands of other titles for this!)
You’d think many would love to see a player happy and excited for anything. And I understand many have been here for years. Props to the ones sticking it out. (And a big thank you)
But I see time and time again, people say " Let’s get new people into Boundless!" “Let’s show them how great it really is!” But then I see everything else which kinda contradicts all that. Maybe that’s because it’s different people. Some still love it, wanting more and hoping for the dev to breathe new life into it.
Those people I’m thankful for.
Because otherwise, I would just cut my loss to what many would call a dead game. And realize I’m wasting my time.
But instead of taking the negative actions of the dev or negatives from the community, I am determined to be a new player who gives it their all.
I’m loving the game and I hope I will continue loving it.
And I will continue to be hopeful in anyway that in the “weeks” or coming months to come, the dev will bring good news.
Until that time, I’m going to enjoy Boundless and be excited for things many will shake their head at. :woman_shrugging:
I got enough irl stuff (as many do) to be all negative or sad about.
Games are my escape, my passion and bring me happiness and fun.
This Event, will be just that for me. Fun, enjoyable and celebrate the Anniversary of a game that is lucky to still be around apparently. :blush:
And I hope it will continue to be around for even more years. But if not… I will enjoy my time with it. :+1:

9 Likes

I greatly appreciate that. And definitely will give a holler if needed. I’ve been really quiet on here… Guess I ruined that streak :sweat_smile:.
But it would be great to have some people to interact with. Searching the forums for answers can be a bit, ugh!
Also, thank you! I will have a ton of fun. Can’t wait to get my party hat! I’ll probs be the only person running around with it :joy:. But I’ll wear it proudly, lol.

2 Likes

Hi there! I’m also excited for the birthday event. I’m in game a lot lately and have a portal to my sovereign, Falinesti, on the sov wall at the TNT hub. Pop by any time if you need anything or have questions. Have fun!

4 Likes

Ignore those that talk down about the game and let their disappointment of things not being like they want and just enjoy the game for it is. All of us wish certain things were different in the game, but the overall community of those of us that play regularly is great and helpful. Many of us have moved past the frustration of delays and missing content and just have fun building, hunting, and playing in general. Life will be more fun in that mindset and the game stay enjoyable.

3 Likes

Thank you! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
I’m always looking for new places to explore.
I will definitely stop by sometime soon to say hi.
And I definitely always have questions :sweat_smile:.

1 Like