There will be a birthday event this year, right!

EDIT: Birthday event starts next week!

9 Likes

Yes i need candles too for my opera house.

4 Likes

Do we have any evidence of this? I thought that was coming in the mythical 249 update?

They automated events on the test server (IIRC) and have been planning to do it on live. I don’t think it’s on live yet though.

Edit: I just checked and I don’t see any news/announcements on the test server in regards to events. We are 26 days away from the official launch Anniversary and too far from the Spooktacular Halloween event to see it mentioned.

3 Likes

Ugh that would be a devastating one to miss two years in a row. Glad I know I was misinformed about the automated events though.

1 Like

I wonder if this is why we thought that’s the case?

And/or this?

1 Like

Last official event in their feed is Oortmas 2020… Not a great look.

I’m SO excited!! This popped up in the special event screen. This is promising, right? Either way, I can’t wait. It will be my first. :partying_face:!!

IMG_20220825_092823455~2|629x499

11 Likes

Oh my goodness yay! It’s showing in mine too!!

3 Likes

I was so shocked to see the Event with the countdown timer! :partying_face::+1:
For myself, that’s a good sign. And how everyone has been waiting for an announcement… Maybe… Just maybe, that will come during the Anniversary!
I mean, that would make perfect sense to me.
But either way, I am just happy I get to be apart of a event!

7 Likes

Can confirm I have it too:

5 Likes

You’re SO lucky! You got the green candle!!
Mine is warm mustard.
Are the colors just random? Or based on the home planet you’re on?

2 Likes

huh. I hadn’t noticed that before. Mine are related to colors on my planet, but how interesting that the event announcement is key’d into the planet you’re on.

4 Likes

I never noticed that but it makes sense, probably uses the same mechanic or object that is used in the handcraft menu which is driven by the planet you’re on I think, even if you have something in your hand that would make a different color

1 Like

Hmm :thinking:, so curious if I changed my home planet (to my sovereign I decided I’m keeping) would it change?
Or do you think once it’s set, it’s set?
Just out of curiosity :grin:.

The icons in the GUI pull the color from the planet you are standing on.
These two icons use colors from waxy foliage and gleam. This applies to the GUI only. The actual items you craft take their color from the resources used to craft them in the game.
Screenshot (853)

Screenshot (852)

Same thing if you look at the icons under the Knowledge tab in your menu. Those icons always show the color of the resources for the planet you’re currently on-

5 Likes

the ad or the item you get? When you craft it, you get to decide what oclor it will be. If you check recipes on boundless crafting website, it tells you what items the tint of the fianl product is taken from.

1 Like

Oh okay. Yeah, I was meaning the actual color of the product.
I’m new to all this. So I thought i would only be able to craft the mustard color :sweat_smile:.
That’s nice to know I can do whatever color.
Thank you for the info.

Interestingly, the crafting website I directed you to, doesn’t list the candle, but looking at the recipe, it’s the waxy foliage that gives the tint, so start harvesting pretty colors!!

3 Likes

Tysm for the info! :blush:
And that’s perfect! As I have already been getting a bunch of pretty colors. Definitely going to head out and get some more after my shadow orb farming.
Having a hard time finding those. :sweat_smile: