There's an update on Testing!

To all who didn’t realise (maybe the devs too!?) there is an update on the testing branch

Here are some screenshots of the plants and rocks added(and some other things):

This is either a glitch, or we can reboot meteors? (probably a glitch as if I level the skill and try, the game crashes)
NB: we now also get warp conduits dropped from meteors (by breaking the meteor blocks)

The natural crystal also has a new texture:

There is a new loading screen when starting the game:

We have graphical options galore:

And the places menu has been given some love :slight_smile:

Beacon fuelled time is viewable from the places menu

NOW WE CAN LOCATE PLACES WITH EASE!!

We can also now reset our skills (as advertised by the devs earlier) weekly – only in early access

Please note: this may not be the full testing release (the devs haven’t announced it yet), and these features are probably still being developed. Also, if you find any bugs, don’t report them in the main release thread!!

Also there may be stuff which I didn’t find

24 Likes

Yes we know :slight_smile: A few issues we are still checking out but all feedback welcome.

14 Likes

HOLY GREAT-OORT FATHER ABOVE!!!

:heart_eyes::star_struck::heart_eyes::star_struck::heart_eyes::star_struck::heart_eyes::star_struck:

We just met,
and this sounds crazy.
Here is my game,
Update it soon maybe?

-Eld

9 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

I echo your thoughts/song.

Also those flowers are amazing! They’ll go nicely in Phoebe’s garden! Can’t wait for these.

2 Likes

Breaking them doesn’t actually give you the flower… :cry:

2 Likes

oh that… that’s so sad :’(

Hopefully there is a way in the future :pray:

3 Likes

Spelling error.

3 Likes

At the moment they drop fibrous leafs and berries, rock drop stones. Hopefully it will be updated with new drops and maybe the plant… Or they could drop seeds.

3 Likes

cool :slight_smile: i was wondering what the next phase of updates was going to be about, and i love it! As a player who started almost a year ago, I think y’all did a great job with the combat updates @michaelb and these pictures give me faith that the world beauty/variance phase is going to be spectacular! Can’t wait!

2 Likes

Omg xD I was about to start learning new stuff today :joy: That’s probably not gonna happen

@michaelb rep +1000 for portal rendering options! <3

2 Likes

Oh, wow, cool!

It’s not clear what you meant by “level the skill”. Can you explain?

Also, when you said the game crashed, did you have the option to submit crash dumps? We haven’t received any crash dumps about this.

The drops are temp until the new one are ready and new recipes arrive to use them.

7 Likes

Looks like exploring is in order as soon as those arrive with full functionality.

I love changes to location menus (even ability to set a random way point to get to by typing desired coordinates!)

Graphic options for portals will be very useful too for all the less powerful computers and/or slower connections.

Condition now goes from Full to Emtpy instead of from Empty to Full! :sparkling_heart:

Buuuut … @devs?
Isn’t it time for an new copy from live worlds for the test servers?
Pixel Gate is almost completely gone on testing. Not much of a live testing environment left.

Edit:

And the whole Planet of Epsilo has 5k prestige and 0 settlements :rofl:

5 Likes

there must be beacons that are not settlements that come up to 5k prestige

There is another great change that I only noticed after about 1h :sweat_smile:
The UI remembers if you have Contents or Recipes opened on machines.
So if you open Contents once, all subsequent machines you look into, will also have Contents open.

Great quality of life change!

13 Likes

Ah, I mean when I got the skill “reboot 1” when the message came up it would crash the game. I will repeat this and submit a log when I get home in around 4 hours

Those flowers are gorgeous! And the mushrooms and spiral plant are cute as well. I’m excited for all the pretty things in the works. Devs, thank you for working hard.

3 Likes