This game should definitely…

This game should definitely…

Have pants

3 Likes

Exactly what i said XBOX is “Microsoft”

That would be cool

1 Like

I remember one issue with updates in the past was having to wait for PlayStation to approve the updates before they could be released. It does not appear that Steam had a similar requirement to review code and approve updates. So I think we should consider the overhead we would be asking to be added to code existing Boundless to meet xBox requirements and then adding another layer to the approval process when an update is ready for release. Personally I want updates as quickly as possible since I think it is good for player retention and more overhead just means more cost to the developers for every release.

If I remember correctly Sony is the slowpoke when it comes to the update approval soo I don’t think it will be too much in terms of delay. I mean look at Destiny cross play cross gen no delays.

It would be a new pool of players though soo NPE should be up to snuff before that happens.

While it makes perfect sense that there would be no roadmap yet, it would be nice to even have a stream or a basic text brainstorm to even get the slightest idea of what is going to happen with Boundless.

IE:

-Are you just going to lower the price, advertise a bit, sell the game, and then let it ride?
-Are you planning to reboot any of the unreleased update content and features? Would be a shame to let it go to waste as it looked like they had almost finished a massive update.
-Is multiplatform still happening as James had mentioned previously? (Xbox Game Pass seems like a no-brainer for this game, and I’d be surprised if MSFT was not on board to do it).
-Has any expansion of block functions been discussed? (Pistons, hinges, etc)
-Is there even the slightest potential for vehicles in the future? (Simple flying airships or even just a basic train like minecraft. Although can’t lie, I would love to see a proper train system so we can put those giant railroads all over the universe to use. We have SO MANY of them spanning entire planets, completely unused.
-Bring back clothing. I was not in the loop on why it was removed, but it sucks that we still have loin cloths… there were tons of outfits in the original trailers.

I know this is all hyper specific, so I don’t expect any actual reply to the stuff mentioned above, but mainly hoping we will get some form of communication about this game’s future without having to wait 1-2 years before even hearing a peep.

@monty1 your thoughts are always appreciated too. Forgive my massive list of questions that probably came off as pushy. Let’s just call it enthusiasm for the game :slight_smile:

when you plan to release on xbox i suggest the game pass will allow More player to play also i think xbox will pay you a portion also they have ability’s to play on server instead of downloading on top you can download the game too. its called cloud gaming.

now Monument owns the game so they could have other plans

as for the topic, this game should defenetly - have more furnituresm we NEED bedm single bed, double bed, couches etc also all other house furniture, like bathtub, sink, wardrobe, kitchens, fridges, stoves, - all can be crafted using different blocks for tint
eg wooden beds - wood + cloth +tangle as tint giver
metal bed - metal + cloth + tangle as tint giver
decorative bed - alloy + cloth + gleam as tint giver
eg - oven crafted from metal + something + ash as tint giver
eg fridge - metal + ice + glacier as tint giver,
eg bathtub - alloy + lava +water
sink - metal + lava + ice
ceramic oven - sand + clay + gleam for tint

ceramic panes? sand + clay + gleam for tint and gloss

bookshelves - twisted for tint + nails + gleam for ornaments
bookshelf2 - lustrous for tint + nails + gleam for ornaments
bookshelf3 ancient for tint + nails + gleam for decorative ornaments

1 Like

But functional and with moving parts

No, we plan to invest in the game long-term. But we do plan to lower the price (probably in the $10-$15 range). Ultimately, I’d love to figure out a path to make the game free.

Possibly, but it won’t be high on the priority list. We’re still learning but I expect that we’ll invest more in the new/early player experience so we can start growing the game.

We plan to get the game working and to scale on the existing platforms before adding new platforms.

Not yet. We’re mostly focused on a safe transition right now.

It’s possible and we’ve seen great examples of rail systems (e.g., Minecraft and Dragon Quest Builders). I also think that boats and mounts could be lots of fun.

I certainly agree that we need more options for avatars. That could be clothes, additional customization, or maybe new races to play.

18 Likes

This focus on the New Player experience makes me…

3 Likes

Makes me smile, too. My teenage son loves the stuff that can be built in the game, but was put off by the relentless grind of the early part of the game and pretty much stopped playing.

4 Likes

I know a number of players I gave licenses to that quit due to all the grind.

2 Likes

IF you haven’t already visit the smelly couch it is at reapers. There is also a youtube video of it. Great examples of furniture there.

1 Like

Said it a few times the grind is fine … needed for the economy.

No need for an economy

1 Like

You know you’re not wrong. The game I love needs an economy. I’m still here because all protesting aside this has been a super fun (for me) MMORPG - despite any calls to the contrary.

But also I got my money’s worth, and having sort of giving up on it already, I would LOVE to see this IP grow into something huge and marvelous, even if it’s not what I’d make of it. Boundless has given me “nearly 10,000 hours” of gameplay. Unbelievable. And probably twice that in “entertainment value” since, yes, I’m a forum junkie and for better or worse there has always been a fair amount of community engagement here.

@monty1 :heart: your posts usually on point and super clear. Thanks for that.

I would almost never play, but who knows how much money is in pure creative sandbox play. If boundless building ever saw even the least of a viral burst it could be incredible. I would honestly be happy to see it.

EDIT: On some re-reading this is a little disappointing though:

As far as I know, everything stopping this was regarding the private servers. There may or may not have still been some nagging balance changes but all the code for the in-game changes was complete.

Since this included a couple of MAJOR steps in a positive direction, things requested for years, I’d hate to see it dropped en masse.

Hopefully, on review, much of update 249 makes it in game. These are changes we waited through a year plus of choking the game (compactness, reservations, etc…) and technical/back end systems development for.

:crossed_fingers:

EDIT 2: Ha ha hopefully I don’t keep wanting to add to this. Sorry.

There are things in that code that could seriously also affect what is good in the upgraded NPE as well. The notion of finally having a character that’s a master of the game and can just do any thing any time, any where …

And of course, the entire melee system. There’s that.

Yeah v249 is a lot. I’m sure the review will be item by item but hopefully it’s easiest to keep most of it, maybe just block private worlds, and get on with a more appropriate NPE and integration from there.

I’ll try to move on, now :rofl:

1 Like

about grind, i hate it, i love gathering, i can running whole day thru mud fields farming inky and beans, its ok, i have fun but grinding hunts for oorts for portal, for mobs part for recipes - i hate it, really hate in that part game is way too grindy

and the amount of parts you can gat is way no adequate to amount you need for forging ingridients for glue, for agents or for making mosaics…

Dear DEvelopers - give us or allow us to make ne gear, new clothes, different type, kind and colors, running few years in same loin cloths… eeeeewwwww… it ended that just im jumping to every lake i see on my way to wash and refresh them…