This is not your personal blog site

I don’t disagree with you :wink: all opinions count.
Thats why i said

I also agree we need to hear more from the devs but don’t think its a good enough reason to be “toxic” because we hear nothing as negativity also creates more negativity.

But on the other hand, trying to drown negativity with made-up positivity, I don’t think that helps a lot either.
The worst is when people are flagging away posts. That system needs to be re-worked because there’s A LOT of abuse, there.

Anyway, I think there’s a need for some balance between positivity and negativity. Positivity cannot be achieved by trying to drown-out the noise of the negativity, nor can it be achieved by silencing it or preventing it from occuring.

It has to be dealt with, properly. And that’s not the job of the community. And that’s why you need a community manager, that why you need devs to not be silent.

5 Likes

I think there is a lot of positivity around to say it’s made up would be a matter of personal opinion most times.

Positive and negative feedback on a forum is standard and while I dislike negative comments, I welcome them. Toxicity on the other hand can just go take a leap… there is little need to be toxic. There is a fine line a moderator has to walk and having been a moderator myself on a number of platforms I am glad I am not in their shoes.

What one deems as toxic…another may deem it as just critical feedback.

2 Likes

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying all positive comments are ‘made-up’ (which isn’t the right term, either, TBH). I’m mainly targetting threads that are 100% made hastly to counter the vibes of a thread currently on-going which happens to be mainly negative feedback, specifically those that have a mis-leading title. For example, I’m not saying this thread isn’t funny, it did get a chuckle out of me, but it is a bit of trolling toward the players with a negative outlook, and I don’t think it helps in balancing things out.

Exactly. I personally think that a post can be negative, but as long as it’s calm and composed, with no personal attacks or anything, it can’t be toxic, IMHO.
I guess some people wanna live in a bubble where everything is perfect and awesome. And for them, it may be so. I legitimately envy those who say “I enjoy the game as it is”.

Speaking of which, I encourage you to actually read what @Conkuur wrote there. It was likely flagged for good reasons because he went off the rails at the end, but most of what he wrote is a solid critic, and even though I’ve had my issues with him back when Kras was around, I can’t fault him for pointing out some deeply rooted issues the game has, issues which should not be ignored.

2 Likes

Unless you run this forum I’ll do as I please.

I post questions and content, it’s my right to state they are closed or not.

Z

Sorry if you felt targeted, Z. You were not.

I don’t think any of this was directed at you. I hope. :hugs:

On the flip side it saddens me that people aren’t enjoying the game as it is. I think there is some boredom creeping in for many people and then when you add these little frustrations (slow updates, lack of transparency, communication) I can totally understand why people are losing interest.

2 Likes

I don’t feel attacked but I don’t take kindly to bossy people.

Z

Big hugs, I knew it wasn’t about me but I can not stand when someone comes into forums and tries to be the boss, it makes my bunny crown slip.

Z

Borodom leads me down a road of crazy builds. Lol

Stop by sometime.

Z

I concur - pun intended -

It is a shame that @Conkurr dropped the foul language bomb at the end and got the post locked. It is a good read

I read this multiple times actually as being a player since January I am not aware of everything that has happened in the past, but I am a HUGE history lover. I mean it is so cool when I just walk through these large builds and/or come across something huge that has turned to ash. It makes me wonder just who built it, how long it took and just how much love they had/have for the game itself. This includes Raxxa recently. :wink:

With that said, even reading what everyone has gone through they had love for the game … I just wish they could reach down and continue playing in some capacity in an effort that the game gets it’s due.

1 Like

Where is the positive in what happened to DK?
While positivity haves its place, it is also good for people to be realistic and not cover up problems for the simple fact it might have a negative impact.
It also isn’t very good to create an echo chamber of people just spewing nothing but positivity, at which point you might as well start a Cult. some negativity haves it’s place and is normal as long as it doesn’t degrade into harassment.

5 Likes

I think goodbye posts are fine with a reason and explanation if people want to do that. I also know sometimes people do what to feel part of the community and know that someone left. So I don’t think they are bad except for when they are toxic or all complaints. Then I think they can be locked or stopped.

Announcement: Please be aware that Xaldafax’s departure from Boundless has been delayed indefinitely. If you have any questions, please go to one of our Customer Service Counters and speak to an Agent. Thank you…

3 Likes

Frankly im not going in to this…

You can ignore that part since that isn’t important to the point I was trying to make,
Was probably a mistake for me to open with that.

1 Like

Well I was posting a storm of stuff there and I think that whole thread went in a direction it shouldn’t have. I think all in all after a few conversations with DK it is mostly the lack of communication that was his concern.

The positive I took from it was the community came together. Be it for or against the OP.

4 Likes

Not a mistake… :wink:
I do see your point to much of both positive and negative is bad…
Realistic is a “happy medium” and thats the actual aim. But what is the point on burning down a post … putting more wood on the fire…
Yes that goes both ways to to much is to much. (Positive to much you burn out-negative burn it all).

2 Likes

Just an opinion:

I think criticism is good. However, harsh criticism can be counterproductive.

Maybe ask, “How could I frame this in a positive context?”

If that is not possible, then at least add a proposed solution.

1 Like

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:
Mmmm’kay, but like, I don’t even know who you are, and you kinda went off on me for no apparent reason… so… yeah… that’s a fun way to have a first interaction with someone, I guess. :neutral_face:
Between that and how you triple-posted something that could fit in one post (which is right up there with necroing posts), I can tell you and I are gonna go along grrrrreat. :rofl:
Anyyyyyyway.

I might be wrong, but I suspect the people who enjoy Boundless the most / who aren’t getting tired of it after years and years, are the people who know the most other players in-game, and who are savyy with the economic part of the game (having a busy shop, etc).
The whole gameplay-loop of buy/selling/crafting/forging/hunting/mining is not for everyone, sadly.
It became pretty obvious to my friends and I that we were playing Boundless mostly for the building aspect.

I wrote like half-a-dozen paragraphs, but then thought “eh… might be too off-topic at this point” so I’ll try to make a new thread. Wouldn’t want to get this thread locked. ^^

3 Likes