This isn't okay

I just waited an hour to get onto a planet that was only ever showing 50-60 players. These planets need to be able to support WAY more than 100 players.

2 Likes

Should only be temporary

6 Likes

And now trying to get back to Cephonex:

Thanks @Veitsi. I didn’t see that so appreciate it. I’d still like to see way more than 100 players allowed on a planet after they finish this experiment.

1 Like

I believe the cap is to reduce the lag problems many people had so it may get increased if this fix works

I have a feeling this will become more of a problem, especially on the level 3 connecting worlds, if the population rises much more. Also, I don’t think the population limit would be raised much over 200 due to network architecture issues.

I guess the major cities are just so popular

I think the hubs generate a lot of players through open portals as well as people traversing. I also think people’s home bases are still predominantly on the t1and t2. That means a lot of building and crafting. Also I know if I am just looking for rock or wood there is no reason to go anywhere higher than a t1 or t2. Blocks are one hit and I do not get more xp for doing it on a higher tier for more hits. All of this is combining to bias the player base to the lower tiers and probably making the crowding worse.

1 Like

they have added like 5 worlds yesterday
maybe you should try set up a base there and leave the popular ((capitals)) since they are always full.

Did you really wait an hour continuously to get onto a world?

My experience is only ever needing to wait 10s to 1m for a slot to open up.

4 Likes

I did not. It was about 5m at a time and then i’d run to a shop and come back a minute.

1 Like

Takes me no more than 2 minutes. Just stand at the portal, try to get in. Easy. :slight_smile:

I personally think the 100 player cap is stupid, I get why it’s there tho.

Need to work on a method where areas where there is high portal density have multiple instances to allow people to run through a hub without loading into the whole world. Portal travel sucks atm, every portal hop has a 6-10 second rubber band because I’m an AUS player and I have stuff all worlds to play on.

I think portal cost is too much for longer distances. I’d even go so far to say drop the cost levels all together or make it less penalizing, that way there would be more direct links between planets without the need to go through 5 in between planets. And I think we would see much more player personal portals compared to hubs.
I’m might be terribly wrong though hahaha

I think current way creates too much unneeded bandwidth waste

3 Likes

I might get a lot of flak for this but, reducing the amount of fuel required per portal and then possibly maybe have a skill tied to the amount of portals one can create might be an idea ?

Like a base value somewhere without skills so one can always atleast have a few portals and then have skills tied to increase that number or something, could also reduce the amount of number of portals that exists, not that it isnt cool, but also to get people to run around and explore more, and possibly link up with others more in general without having to resort to using large portal hubs

5 Likes

I dig that totally. Current way was managable while we had 10ish planets, this is chaos now IMHO. Some solutions don’t scale well.

1 Like

I think thea idea is to use hubs to encourage footfall. They don’t want people just warping everywhere. They want people travelling overland so smaller outposts/villages get traffic

1 Like

I have a feeling that hubs are something that evolved out of current rules, not something devs initally planned.

I’m not excusing the issue, but just wanted to check that your experience was similar to mine. Thanks.

2 Likes

I don’t know why they wouldn’t have. They even had a hub in their E3 trailer.